Chapter 17

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 17: A Promise Is A Promise

 

I’m glad it was a Sunday. I finally can rest on my bed the whole day. Working and studying at the same time is really draining me out.

I went to rinse myself before heading downstairs to have my breakfast before heading to bed again. It was already 1pm and I have finished with my breakfast, I didn’t see Ji-Yong for the entire morning.

“Where is master?” I asked one of the servants who was helping me to wash the dish.

“Oh, he’s at the main hall having meeting with the other masters.”

“Thank you, Jin-Min. Have you eaten?”

“Neh, Dara-shi.” She bowed to me before continuing her dishes.

I didn’t feel quite right and I’ve no idea why I’ve the sudden urge to see him. I went to the main hall thereafter.

 

“We can’t leave Minzy here alone! Even though there are guards, you never know what Tenk can do!?” I heard Tae-Yang shouted.

“But if we’re going to fight, we’re going as one.” Bom said.

I didn’t need to know what it’s, but they’re already on their mission.

“I’m fine on my own, please. Just go. I can handle myself.” Minzy say. She didn’t dare to raise her voice.

“No, Minzy. Have you forgotten what happen last time? We’re not leaving you here alone.” Dae-Sung said while her hair.

I could see everyone’s frustration and worries at the same time. Ji-Yong was pinching his nose bridge as he raked his hair in frustration.

“I’ll look after her.” I stepped out of my hiding. I didn’t know I were eavesdropping them, okay, maybe not because they were speaking so loud, I bet all servants could hear too.

Everyone looked up at me. I saw Bom smiling at me.

“No.” Ji-Yong slightly raises his voice, but his tone were straight.

“At least let me pay back to all of you. To Bom. To you.” I emphasize the work ‘you’ well enough for him to understand. Both of them have basically save my life, I needed to pay back them.

I could see CL giving me a faint smile as well. I smiled back to Bom and CL.

“I’ll protect Minzy, even with my life. I give you my word. I won’t let her get hurt.” I stared in Ji-Yong’s eyes, giving him the look that I don’t take no for an answer.

“Okay, but put me on speed dial. If anything happen, you’re to call me immediately.” I nodded. He already put himself on speed dial when he first saves his contacts in my phone. I giggled to myself, still making sure no one hear me.

After they left for their mission which I’ve no idea what it’s, I brought Minzy up to her room. There were two guards outside her apartment and another two outside her room. I can see how protective her entire family is. I was envy.

“You know, I’m scared too.” I said to Minzy who was staring into spaces as we sat on her bed. I could see how scared she was. I wanted to make her feel more relaxed, so I make a conversation, wanting to distract her fear.

She looked up at me, giving a questioning look as she raised her brows.

“You are?”

“Yeah, so you know you could show your fear to me. Hiding it will make it even worst.” I said, giving her an assuring smile.

“I’m scared, unnie!” she frowned, “I’m scared bad things will happened to them. I’m scared they’ll take me away and hurt me like they did last time.” Hurt? I trembled to the word of it. I frowned.

“Don’t worry, Minzy. I’m here. I won’t let them hurt you.” I hugged her and her back gently. I know how she feels. I know that fear.

 

*BANG*

 

“AHHH!” Minzy screamed. I was shocked too.

 

Someone broke into the apartment.

 

Before I get to do something, the room banged opened. Two guys with black masks were holding to a gun. I couldn’t react fast enough as they grabbed Minzy. I was held onto by a guy as the other placed a cloth at Minzy’s mouth. Within seconds, she collapsed.

“MINZY!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. Minzy was carried out by the guy as the other released me and left. I was panicked.

I ran after one of them and forcefully removed his mask. His eyes widened as he slapped me to the gorund.

“She saw me.”

“Grabbed her too.”

I couldn’t see well as my vision blurred. As he slapped me hard, I fell to the ground and knocked against the table. My head was bleeding, but all I could think of was saving Minzy.

 

I opened my eyes and I could felt a tolerable pain around my wrists. I struggled as I realized I was being tied to a wooden chair. Minzy was beside me. We were in a room. It was dark; there was no window, nothing. And we were in the middle of the darkness.

“Boss, they’re awake.” I heard a low voice. My vision was still blurred but I could manage to see the faces of those bastards.

“Minzy…. Minzy…” I whispered to Minzy, as she slowly woke up.

“Unnie?” She opened her eyes and looked at me, and then she frowned, “AHHHH! UNNIE WHERE ARE WE?” Minzy shouted.

 

*PA*

 

One of the bastards slapped her. I could see tears forming in her eyes, but she held back.

“Don’t you dare touch her.” I said in a cold tone. I didn’t care if I was going to die, and if I were, I will make sure Minzy is safe and sound.

I stared dead into the man’s eyes. I could see his hands raised, I was prepared. I close my eyes and waited.  I slowly opened my eyes to see a hand stopping him.

“Back away. She’s mine.” The man said. It was not Ji-Yong. I don't even have to see his face, I knew it wasn't Ji-Yong's voice.

“Who are you?”

“I’m Kim-Yang.” He said, stretching out his hand to me.

“Are you ing kidding me?” I retorted.

“Oh, sorry. I nearly forgot.” He said after realizing I was tied up.

“There’s one thing, just one thing that I’m curious about.” He squatted down to my level as he tucked a lock of hair behind my ear. I snapped my head to the side, doesn’t want to feel his touch.

He chuckled. “Cocky.”

“I don’t know who you are and I don’t know why you’re trying to hurt Minzy, but I assume you’ve a grudge against Ji-Yong and his friends.” he started to smirk as I frowned and continue with my words, “Let’s make a deal. You let Minzy go, SAFE AND SOUND, and I’ll tell you everything you need to know.”

“Unnie, no!” I heard Minzy shouted. I turned to her and gave her a not-to-worry look.

“So, do we have a deal?”

He started laughing. I didn’t get what is so funny. I just keep staring at him, letting him know I was annoyed.

“Letting her go in exchange for one question that doesn’t matter, are you ing kidding?” he said as he laughed, “YOU THINK I’M AN IDIOT?” his expression  turned dark as he shouted to me.

I was taken aback, but I didn’t let my guards down. I won’t give up on saving Minzy.

“What do you want to know?”

He took out a small knife from his pocket and started walking around me. I could feel the blade of the knife sliding against my skin gently. He didn’t cut me yet but I could feel that he’s going to do it anytime.

“You’re a smart girl, love. But not smart enough.” He stopped in front of me and squatted down to my level again. I looked down at him, giving him a death stare, “Tell me, who’re you to G-Dragon?”

I was thinking. I was hesitating but I kept my fear and hesitation well.

“I’m his girlfriend.”

There was a moment of silence.

Until then, I heard people started laughing. He started laughing.

I frowned at him.

“Girlfriend? Hahahahaha! You know we gangs don’t do love. Oh, sweetheart, you sure do have a sense of humors.” He said, continuing with his laughter.

“Really?” I retorted. He stopped laughing as he stared at me. “Do you guys ever say I love you to someone?”

I could see him slightly frowning.

“No, right?” I said and gave him a smirk, “Because he did.”

This time he was seriously frowning. I could sense a lot of things going through his mind. And I didn’t know I could lie this much.

“We didn’t have , but still he said I love you to me. And if you want to know why I’m at his mansion, it’s because I stayed there, and I wake up every morning to the sight of his. We never leave each other. And if you’re thinking right now that being in love is a coward and gay acts, let me tell you, you’re wrong - because he acted in a way of passion and love, unlike you. And that’s one thing you’ll never understand, that’s one thing that Ji-Yong is better than you.”

I spoke every word clear and loud. I could see the anger that was building up in him.

That was it. That was my plan. I wanted to agitate him.

“You’re sure are something, .” He said, holding up my chin roughly.

I gave him another smirked. “Oh, and if you’re wondering, Ji-Yong will be here in three minutes. Oh wait, or even earlier. Did I forget to mention that there’s a GPS in my necklace?”

As expected, he erupted.

“!” he grabbed my necklace and pulled it down, leaving me with a slight pain. I winced but don’t want him to notice it.

He threw it to the ground and left after he ordered the man to untie us and bring us to another location.

Hell no I’m letting them bring us to another place. As one of the guy released us from the chair, I felt the ropes slightly loosen. It is time.

I grabbed the rope and tie to one of the guy’s hand and kicked him in between his legs. He fell to the ground, clutching his private part as he winced in pain.

I didn’t have time to waste. I grabbed the wooden chair and head over to Minzy as I smacked the chair on the other guy’s head. Two down, two more to go.

They were on their guards now. It was a win-win situation. I didn’t know how to fight but they sure know it when a woman goes crazy. I stood in front of Minzy, attention on those guys that were in front of me. And during these seconds of staring at each other session, I notice a knife on the ground next to the guy who was already down when I smacked his head with the chair.

As the two guys ran towards me, I quickly grabbed the knife from the ground. I slashed one of the guy’s hand. The other guy was slowly backing away.

The guy with the injured hand makes his way to me and I make another slash onto his palm as he was defending himself. I take these chances and kicked him in the nuts as he fell to the ground. Well, that was the only defending move I know.

“One more to go.” I mumbled to myself.

“Minzy, stay close to me!” I shouted to her.

“Neh, unnie!”

The other guy ran towards me as he was preparing to throw a punch at me. I dodged it on time, and I took this chance to slash him on his leg. He started bleeding as I knew that I’ve cut quite deep. He kneels on one knee as he clutched onto his thigh.

I held onto Minzy and ran out of the room.

There were a lot of wooden box outside the room. It was a mess.

I locked the door and blocked it with a wooden box to prevent those guys from coming out.

“Minzy, go hide in the box over there. No matter what happened, remember not to come out and not to scream. Close your eyes and ears. When everything is over, I’ll come for you. Do you understand me?” I said to her in a fast tone. There’s no time to be wasted. I handed her my phone, “Call Ji-Yong now. Now, go! Hide!” I pushed her gently towards the box. She ran towards it, holding the phone to her chest.

I looked around, I couldn’t figure out where the door is. It was dark too, but I’m still able to see the surrounding.

I clutched onto the knife tightly, able to feel the pain on my wrists which was caused by the rope. I keep turning and turning until I heard clapping.

“I really underestimated you, love.” I squinted my eyes, only to see a dark shadow approaching me. I slowly took my steps back as the lights suddenly flickered on.

It was Kim-Yang.

I didn’t say a word. I keep staring at him, walking my way backwards. I stopped, as he stopped.

“I was only out for a few minutes and you managed to free yourself. And the little girl…. Oh… talking about her, where’s she?” he smirked.

“Minzy ah…. Minzy…. Where are you?” He was walking around me as he whistles and called out for Minzy as the same time. I was nervous but I didn’t show it. I was scared Minzy would scream.

Fortunately, she didn’t make a sound, not even a squeak.

“I see you’re fast. Now that it’s only you here, maybe we could do something fun? Let’s play a game, shall we?” he was swirling the knife on his hand as he looked into my eyes.

I curled my fist and the handle of the knife, not leaving his eyes. I showed nervousness but not fear.

I didn’t reply him, but he continues.

“The door is right there, at the corner. You’ve ten seconds to escape.” I saw him slowly making his way to me; I didn’t move a flinch, “Starting….” I could feel his breath as he walked behind me and whispered to my ear, “now.”