Chapter 14

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 14: The Scar Man

 

“It’s creepy if you keep staring at me like this.”

I didn’t turn away, I just keep staring. My eyes don’t want to move even though my mind tells me to look away.

“Ji-Yong…” I couldn’t stop my mouth either.

He was playing with his ring again, but this time he turned to look at me.

I wanted to continue with my words but the bell beats me to it.

I turned to my desk and start packing my bag as fast as possible. I walked to the door without turning back.

“Dara?” I turned to see Ms. Annie calling for me.

“Neh?”

“I’m sorry but please be reminded that stocking is not allowed. Please do not wear it tomorrow, alright?” she said with a small smile plastered on her face.

“Neh.”

This was just a small matter to me, I couldn’t think of anything else other than Ji-Yong right now. I hated how he occupied my mind all the time.

I rushed to work immediately as I was going to be five minutes late.

 

“Have you found a place to stay, sweety?”  halmeoni asked.

“Yeah. Don’t worry about me, halmeoni.”

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Yah, where are you?” It was Ji-Yong.

“Work.”

“At such timing?”

“I’m coming home now, wae?”

“Nothing.” He hanged up on me. He always does that and it annoys me.

 

It was already 12am. I was going to walk back home when I was pulled into the alley.

I wanted to scream but my mouth was covered by the stranger’s hand. In fact, it wasn't unfamiliar at all. I’ve felt this hand all the time and it’s familiar, way too familiar.

I was slammed against the rough concrete of the wall. The lamps were flickering, and it was dark.

“Who are you?” I could sense my voice trembling in fear. I knew who it was; I just didn’t want to acknowledge him.

It was the man.

The man who have abused me for years.

I was shivering in fear, it has been days since I last saw him and what he does to me that night, I’ll never forget it. I wanted to run but my feet just stuck right on spot. I couldn’t scream. I couldn’t make my way out of the alley. I just stared at his figure in the dark.

I saw him making his way towards me. Slowly.

“Hello, Dara.”

He smirked. There was a huge scar on his cheek, near his eye. It was huge.

I was the one who did it, and I know he’s not happy with it.

“Look at this beauty here you gave me.” He said with extreme sarcasm, pointing to his scar on his cheek, grinning.

“What do you want from me?” I retorted.

“Well… You see…” he caressed my head as I hit his hand away from me, “We weren’t finish the last time.” His eyes were shown pure evil. His expression was dark.

I saw him slowly make his way to his back pocket of his jeans and took out something.

I could see the blade was shining in dark, the shape of the knife.

He didn’t want to stop till I stopped breathing.

“I’m doing this a favor for your father.” He said. I could feel the knife, touching every inch of my skin – from my arm to my neck and then my face. He was sliding it so gently, I didn’t stop shivering in fear.

“What do you mean?”

“It means… not only I want you dead.” He smirked, “Your father too, love.”

I was in a state of confusion. My father wanted me dead. He wanted this man to do the dirty work for him. He wanted to kill his own blood.

I didn’t understand why I choose to believe every word of this man. My tears just kept flowing. I didn’t move. I stood there, staring at him.

“No.” I looked dead at him in the eyes, “No. No. NO! You’re lying!!! It’s not true! Not true! HE LOVES ME!” I raked my hair with both my hand and shook my head left to right continuously. I didn’t want to believe his words but I still did it anyway. I scream at the top of my lungs, but that doesn’t stop him from slapping my hard. I fell to the ground, never stop sobbing. I wanted him to kill me, but I wanted to flee.

“Ji-Yong…” I thought to myself.