Chapter 49

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 49: Twist Of Event

 

I pulled out the gun from behind.

“Why not we do this?” I handed the gun to her, “Kill me instead.”

She frowned as she stood up slowly.

“Sandara, I’m sorry for not protecting you and Alex in the past. I’m not strong enough. But after he gave you away, I found the strength and ran away. Alex’s death isn’t to be blame on you, it’s that beast! I wanted to find you, and run away with you. But I couldn’t find you. I love you as much as I love Alex, Sandara and I’m sorry for everything.” She said as her tears couldn’t stop falling. She was hugging her baby boy more towards her this time.

 

“I’m sorry.” I said as I slowly pointed the gun to her head.

 

 

*BANG*

 

 

My face was already wet from all my tears. The loud sound of the crying baby was killing me. My head was pounding and so was my heart.

I dropped the gun on the floor as I walked over to the woman.

I kneeled down.

 

 

 

 

“Go.”

I said to the woman kneeling in front of me. Slowly, she looked up at me.

“Go, please. Leave. Don’t ever come back here. Go anywhere and lead a new life with him.” I said as I cupped her cheeks.

“We’ll go together.”

My heart immediately broke into pieces. I knew I couldn’t bear to pull the trigger at her. I knew I was not strong enough to do it. Father was right, I’m just too useless.

Moreover, I can’t even keep the person I love by my side after all.

“Don’t worry about me.” I said as I gave her a smile, “I’ll die fighting.”

She frowned and at the same time her hands were already on me.

“Sandara…” Another tear rolled down from her cheeks.

“I’ll make the beast pay for everything he did.”

 

She gave me a faint smile.

 

“Stay here. I bet he sent someone to check on me. I’m not sure if they’d leave after hearing the gun shot, but to play safe, stay here.” She nodded. I stood up and walked towards the door. Before I opened the door, I turned back to her, “And cover his ears.” I said as I smirked.

My gun was already loaded with bullets and this time, I’ll kill whoever stands in my way.

I opened the door wide open.

I walked towards to the open space.

 

Bingo.

 

“Where’s the baby?” one of the men said.

“Dead.” I retorted.

I could see them frowning as they looked at each other.

 

“And now it’s your turn.”

I pulled out another gun from my back as I already held one on one of my hand.

I pointed it to the men in front of me and without hesitation; I put a bullet right through their head.

 

I didn’t stop what I was doing and I didn’t know who I was.

I wanted to protect someone, at least that’s what I can do now.

 

Shots were fired continuously, I kept on walking towards those men as I fired and one by one, everyone was down.

Of course, I didn’t get away with it. I was shot once on my shoulder though and as my wounds bleeds, my heart did too.

 

I fell onto the ground as blackness conquered me.

 

 

 

"Ugh..." I hold onto the gun wound on my shoulder. I was more than weak, I couldn't even stand straight.

Though the blood have pretty much stopped flowing, or at least not as much as just now, my vision is still quite blurry. I was on all four as I slowly pushed myself up, balancing myself on spot. I was still in front of the house, in the middle of the woods. I looked around only to see all the men I've shot still lying lifelessly on the ground.

 

I walked into the house only to find a dead souless woman lying on the ground.

 

"Omma?" I mumbled as I limped towards her and soon, lost my balance as I kneeled down in front of her.

Alexander is missing too.

"No. No. NO!" I screamed both physically and mentally.

I was crying and my heart was breaking. Why did my life have to be this way? Why does everyone I loved have to leave me?

 

I stopped screaming but my tears are still flowing continously.

I wrapped her in my embrace as I shook her gently from side to side, placing a kiss on her head as my lips were a little stained from the blood that flowed our from her head.

"I'll kill you." I thought to myself.

 

 

 

I can't do this alone, definitely not in this state. I was standing in front of the mansion again, this time, hands were stained with my own blood and I definitely looked like I just ended a war of bloodbath. Though the guards was asking me if I was okay, I didn't have time for grandmother's stories. I limped my way through the gate as I banged onto the door hard.

It wasn't any of the servants who opened the door, it was CL.

"Dara?" she said as she looked at me, eyes filled with concern but her expression was the same old cold look.

I looked back behind her as I realized everyone was in the main hall, probably having their meeting right now.

"Dara, you're injured. Come in. I'll fix it for you." CL said sternly.

I shook my head, my lips were cracked and pale and my throat hurts like a from all those shouting and crying just now.

Still, I managed to say my purpose of visiting.

 

"CL, shut the door and come back here." I heard Ji-Yong said as I looked up to him. He was staring at his fingers as he leaned on the couch.

CL ignored him and asked me to come in to fix the wounds again. And of course, I rejected.

I don't have anymore time to waste as I've more troubles coming for me.

 

Halemoni and Jong-Kang.

Alexander.

And my death.

 

I held my breath for a few seconds as I exhaled deeply.

"I'm here to make a deal."