Chapter 26

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 26: Taking Revenge

 

It was already 3am in the morning. I stood outside the gate of the mansion, grabbing the strap of my bag on my right shoulder as tight as possible. I was mad. I was angry. And I wanted to kill.

Stephanie, my first revenge.

I took out the key in my bag and I could feel the gun inside my bag. I felt scared but I felt anger. Alex was the only family members that talk to me. He’s my only friend and I love him more than anyone else.

I did everything in slow motion – the turning of the key, walking and opening of the door. I wanted everything to end now. But I know I can’t, because I’d to do it for Alex. I don’t want him to die for nothing.

I slowly opened the main door.

 

“Dara!” I saw Ji-Yong running towards me but that’s not what caught my eyes, the woman in red short dress that stood up slowly from behind was.

“Where were you, Dara!? You didn’t pick up our calls and its 3am in morning. Damn it, Dara!” Ji-Yong wrapped me in his arms. I was a little back to myself, but within seconds, it was gone. Anger invaded my mind.

“I’m sorry, Ji-Yong.” I whispered.

“What?” he said as he gently pushed him away from me, looking at me.

A tear was already on my cheek and my hand was already inside my bag.

I let the strap of my bag slide of my shoulder and soon, I heard everyone gasped.

I was grabbing hold of the black gun, ready to kill that that was standing in front of me anytime.

“Dara… What are you doing?” I heard Ji-Yong said in the softest volume.

“Dara! Why did you have a gun!?” Bom shouted.

My eyes were on Stephanie all the time and my tears were rolling down continuously.

The main hall was extremely silence.

 

“Dara, I don’t know what he say to you but don’t trust him! He’s lying! Dara, please!” Stephanie shouted, basically screaming at the  top of her lungs. I could see fear in her eyes this time, and that’s what I want.

“You still did it, don’t you?” I stopped on my tracks as I was previously walking to her. I stared dead into her eyes.

“What are you both talking about?” I didn’t look over to see who said it but I know it was Seung Ri.

“Dara, please. Please don’t do this!” Stephanie stepped back in fear, and fell to the ground as she tripped.

I walked over to her, stopped right in front of her and raised my hand that was holding onto the gun to her head level.

I could see her tears.

“Please, don’t kill me. I didn’t mean it! It was all Kim-Yang’s order! I swear!”

“What the are you both talking about? What’s it with Kim-Yang!?” Bom shouted. Even though Bom knows everything, this was the only thing that she didn’t know about.

I didn’t answered to anyone, revenge is the only thing I wanted to do right now and I won’t give a damn if that makes me a killer.

“Please! She’s crazy! Somebody stopped her!”

I clicked the gun as to prepare on shooting her but someone stopped me.

Ji-Yong placed his hand on mine that was holding to the gun. I looked at him, my eyes was filled with sadness more than anger. Every time he touched me, I slowly felt being back to myself.

“Don’t do it, Dara.” His eyes were soft and that’s all I needed from him.

“I can’t help it, Ji-Yong. I can’t.” My eyes were getting watery again.

“Give me the gun. Don’t do it.” Another hand of his slowly went up to my cheek and caressed it.

I turned to Stephanie. She was slowly standing up as she was wearing a high stiletto.

As expected, anger invaded me again. I was more than ready to shoot her right on spot but Ji-Yong stood in my way.

My eyes widened a little.

“Step aside.” I said calmly even though another tear rolled down my cheek.

I saw Stephanie trying to make a run towards the entrance and couldn't control myself.

 

*BANG*

 

“AHHHH!” I heard someone screamed.

I looked just to see her squatting on the floor with her palms covering her ears.  I could have killed her if it wasn’t Ji-Yong who pushed me, making me missed.

Luckily, I didn’t shoot anyone as the bullet pierce through the couch.

I was going insane. I didn’t know why I did that.  I was planning to kill her but I could hear Alex's voice in my mind telling me not to. I was going crazy every second.

I released the gun on my hand as it dropped onto the marble floor and my legs got weak. Ji-Yong was holding onto me, and I could feel his hand at the back of my head, caressing it.

I couldn’t hold it anymore.

 

“WAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEE!? WHY DID YOU KILL HIM?! HE WAS 8, DAMN IT! HE WAS 8, YOU !” I shouted to Stephanie who was still in shocked. She looked at me, having her hands slowly sliding off her ears, she sat on the ground, staring right into my eyes.

“ YOU, YOU STEPHANIE. YOU! WHAT DID HE EVER DID TO YOU, HUH?! HOW COULD YOU DO IT! HOW COULD YOU?! HE WAS JUST A DAMN KID!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, grabbing onto Ji-Yong’s shirt for balanced as tears were continuously forming.

I let go of Ji-Yong. I stepped back and turned around. I placed a palm on my forehead before pushing my hair back off my face. I turned back to her.

“Get out of here. Get out before I killed you.” I looked down at her.

She stood up immediately before rushing to the entrance.

“And tell Kim-Yang, he’s next.” I ignored everyone in the main hall and turned, slowly making my way up to the apartment. I didn’t take the lift, I took the stairs instead.

And even though Ji-Yong’s apartment was at the highest floor, I didn’t mind. I needed time alone.

 

I was back in my room, pacing back and forth. My fingers were on my lips and another free hand were on my hip. I wanted to clear my thoughts.

I walked over to my table and pushed everything that is on the table to the floor. I placed a palm on my forehead and walked over to my bed, throwing my pillows to the other side of my room.

I turned, only to see myself in the full-length mirror. I stared at it for a moment before picking up the music box that was on my bed-side table. And yes, that was the same musical box that I shared it with Alex the last time, I couldn’t help it and went back to buy.

I threw it against the the full-length mirror, causing both the box and the mirror to crack. I could still see the devil in me.

I walked fast towards it, both my feets were slightly bleeding as I stepped onto the pieces of broken glass that was shattered on the floor. I didn’t care though. I used my bare hands and pull the cracked in the mirror apart, didn’t want to see myself in it.

 My hands were bleeding, and those blood was the only thing that make me realized I was truly alive.