Chapter 25

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 25: Alex’s Death

 

I slowly opened my eyes, trying to get use to the light. I slowly got on my feet, being conscious of what is going on. I looked around, trying to find who was the one who captured me, but all I could find were my bag on the floor and a laptop in front of me. It was a little weird. I wasn’t tied up and I was in a middle of a warehouse. I could escape easily. Then I realized I wasn’t kidnapped. I was being brought here for some reason.

“Kim-Yang…” I whispered to myself as he soon appeared in the laptop’s screen.

“Oh, my sweet sweet Dara! I miss you so much!” he said as he leaned himself against the screen on the other side.

“Cut the craps, what do you want?” I retorted.

“Still being that cocky, huh?” He smirked as he settled down; leaning against the chair as he raised his legs and placed it on the table, with his fingers crossed.

I stared at the screen and if staring could burn, the laptop had be on fire immediately.

“Well, I like to get straight to the point too. There’s a brown envelope underneath the table, open it up.” I looked down to the ground immediately and picked it up.

How could I’ve missed it earlier? I slowly opened up the envelope; stare back at his face for one second before looking down at the envelope in my hands.

I frowned. I couldn’t contain it well, my eyebrows were meeting and my mind wasn’t in the right state.

“How did you….” I looked back up to the screen immediately.

“You see, the thing about being in a gang is that we can research on people well enough. I mean, seriously, it’s as easy as ABC.” He said as he started laughing. He then lifted off his legs and leaned near the screen again.

“What a small world, Dara!”

I frowned. “What do you mean?”

“You see, I send that to do some work but clearly, she’s so useless. Therefore, I’d to do it the hard way.” He smile to me.

It was disgusting, just by looking at him makes me want to throw up.

“Stephanie?” I said softly. I could hear my voice echo throughout the entire warehouse. “So you send her back just to get me to you?”

“Well, not exactly but mainly, yes. Oh! What am I saying? Forgive me, my bad.” He started giggling and soon, his expression turned dark.

“She’s annoying as hell, huh?” he said.

I frowned, not getting what he means.

“I thought she left Ji-Yong for you? So basically, she is your girlfriend, right?” He didn’t answer, he sat there just staring at me, “Wait… you’re using her to do things for you, aren’t you?!” I said, loudly this time.

He then smirked. "I  told you we gangs don't do love... But maybe... maybe if you come to me, I could show you what love is..."

“What exactly do you want?” I said, didn’t want to listen to any of his craps anymore. Stephanie could stay aside since she failed her mission.

“Alex, huh? He’s still a cute little boy.” he said as he twirl in circle in his chair.

“What…” I was a shocked, extremely shocked. I didn’t want to hear anything that comes out from his mouth; I didn’t want to hear his next words. I knew what he’s going to say, and I don’t want to hear it, because I know if I heard, I’ll  go crazy – insanely out of my mind.

“Did anyone tell you about his death? I mean who were behind it?” He pouted and frowned simultaneously.

The envelope and the bunch of papers on my hand which contains my family information fell to the ground.

“You bastard!” I curled my fists, wanting to punch him right in his face but I couldn’t.

“I thought we’re going to have a hard time getting him, but thanks to you, Dara, we got him so easily I didn’t even have show myself.”

“Don’t you dare to sa…” My eyes slit in anger.

“I killed him.” That was it. I curled my fists so hard I could feel my fingers dug into my skin.

“I killed him, Dara.” A tear rolled down my cheeks. I stayed quiet the entire time, fire were burning within me.

“And you want to know something else?” He paused for a few seconds before continuing.

“Stephanie did it too.” – “In fact, she was the one who captured him outside the restroom and also, she did tortured him. She was sick in her head, you see.” He continued, “Crazy woman.” He said as he twirls his finger in circle beside his temple.

I couldn’t breathe. My head was getting more and more dizzy.

“You want to revenge?” he asked.

I didn’t respond to any of the word he says. I did want to kill him. No, I want to kill him and Stephanie and that was all in my head. That was the entire thing I know I’d to do now, right now.

He continued. “I’ll let you come to me, and don’t worry, I won’t be a coward and run away. I still want to see your beautiful face, Dara.” He smirked before he continued, “Let’s start with Stephanie.”

I frowned. Stephanie was not sick in her head, he’s and he’s seriously sick.

“There’s a gun in the box beside the table on the right. It’s your choice, Dara. You could have your revenge on her today. And after her, I’m all yours, love.” He leaned back against his chair, never leave his eyes on me.

I stood there, still with my fists curled. I slowly looked down to the box on the ground and looked back at him.

“Time’s ticking, baby. If you don't make it on time to her, it’s going to be hard to take your revenge in the future.” He smirked, "And last thing, if you want to know the main cause of Alex's death, it's not me but your father." Then suddenly, the screen turned black.

Another tear rolled down my cheeks. I could taste it as it reached my lips. My mind was in utter confusion, I didn’t know what to do and I don’t want to know either. I know what father did, and I know we can never live in peace. 

But, Alex… Alex was the only thing that appears in my mind. I could see his fear and hear his scream. My heart was aching. I wanted to kill them, and I wanted revenge for Alex.

"You're going to be the last, father." I thought to myself, emphasizing the word 'father' cleared in my head.

 

I slowly walked to the box, lifted up the cover and picked up the gun.