Chapter 35

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 35: Unexpected Present

 

Leaving the box on the floor wide opened, I immediately pull myself together and got up right away and ran to the door. I headed down to the main hall and went to find the servant who passed me this.

“Where is the delivery man?!” I turned the servant who was back-facing me quite roughly.

“Agashi… He already left when he passed me that box and told me to pass it to you.” She said quietly, making me realized I just scare her a little.

“Thanks.” I let go of her arms and ran to the main door, knowing the man might not have gone far, and hopefully he’s hasn’t come here by car.

The thing inside the box just now was still lingering in my head, making me want to throw up in instant but I wanted to be strong even though fear just invaded me.

It was a hand.

A bloody real human HAND.

It was Stephanie's.

I could recognize her signature blood red perfect manicure nails that were now covered in her own blood. Everything ended at her wrist and it was a damn gross sight. I couldn't even imagine it anymore.

And Stephanie’s photos were in it with a letter. As I dropped the box, the contents fell out. Stephanie was dead. Both of her hands were gone, her body was covered in bruises and she lying in her own pool of blood.

I ran towards the door, and as I was about to open the door, the door opened from the other side, making me stepped back.

“Dara?”

“Ji-Yong?” I was still panting and I stared at him with a hint of fear on my face.

“Dara, what happened?”

I shook my head and gave him a faint smile. Kim-Yang is clearly here for me, and I sure can’t let Ji-Yong know. Knowing he might flip out, I can’t take those risks.

But lady luck is not at my side.

 

“AHHHHHH!” Everyone turned to look at the voice whereabouts.

“.” I thought to myself. I’ve totally forgotten about the servants in the apartment and just by seeing  that raw bloody sight, I think her scream could even heard just by standing in the middle of the street.

Everyone started running up and I just stood there, literally shocked. I immediately picked up my legs and ran behind there.

When I reached our level, I slowly walked inside the apartment only to find everyone staring at the box.

“Ji-Yong…” I said as I looked at him as he’s concentrating on the letter.

I didn’t read it therefore I’ve no idea what contents is wrote inside.

“Dara…” he called my name softly, “How long have this been here?”

I didn’t respond.

“How long!?” He shouted, making me jumped a little.

“A few minutes.” I looked down.

As he released his hold of the letter and it fell to the ground, I picked it up immediately.

 

TO MY SWEET SWEET DARA

HERE’S A LITTLE GIFT FOR YOU. A HAND THAT ONCE KILLED YOUR BROTHER.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO THANKS ME!

NOW, ISN’T IT TIME TO RESUME WHAT WE’VE MISSED LAST TIME?

K

 

“Seung Ri, get rid of this immediately. And the photos and letter as well.” Ji-Yong raked his hair in frustration as he said softly.

I could see Seung Ri hesitating, not because he was afraid but because it was Stephanie’s. Stephanie is dead right now and he’s Ji-Yong’s first love. As much as how he hated Stephanie for betraying him, it was still moreover – Stephanie.

Part of her is right in front of him. The picture of her being tortured and killed was right in front of him and the letter of me being in danger was right in front of him.

He was more confused than me but he kept his calm.

I just stood there and looked at Seung Ri who immediately threw all contents in it and covered it with the lid, walked out of our apartment. Bom was holding on to my shoulders with both her hand, it trying to comfort me.

“Dara.” I heard Ji-Yong’s voice immediately

I snapped my head to his direction.

“Come with me.” He said as he walked up to our room.

Everyone left the apartment as I slowly walked up to the room.

I saw Ji-Yong sitting at the edge of the bed, elbows on his thighs as he pinched his bridge of his nose.

“Ji-Yong… I…”

“Dara…” I was cut off by him as he looked up at me.

He patted the seat beside him and I didn’t say anything.  I sat beside him, fiddling with my fingers as I looked down at it.

Ji-Yong’s hand was slowly placed onto mine, it with his thumbs.

I looked up at him, giving him a questioning look.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t here earlier. I’m sorry you’ve to see this.”

I nodded, not knowing what to say. I hugged him unknowingly and he hugged me back.

“I’ll deal with this.” He whispered.

“I’m doing it with you.” He pulled me off him as he looked and stared at me, knowing that it was it-is-a-definite-no look.

“Please, Ji-Yong. We promised.” He looked down, seeming to have deep thoughts before he gave me a nod.

I smiled.

“But you’ve to keep your promise to stay in the car, otherwise, deal’s off.” I nodded immediately before embracing him back.

“Here I come, Kim-Yang.” I thought to myself as I secretly smirked.