Chapter 21

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 21: Going Back

 

Ji-Yong’s Point Of View

I never thought I’d did that. I never thought I’d kiss her back. The moment I see her on the roof top that morning, I’d no idea what I’m feeling. Her hair was waving, even though the sun have yet to rise, I could see her porcelain skin and her rosy cheeks clearly. She was beautiful, too beautiful.

I’ve no idea why I kissed her on the roof top. I was out of my mind because I didn’t know what I was doing. And the hugging thing in the kitchen, I think I’m seriously going crazy.

She was so beautiful when she just woke up in the morning. I couldn’t keep my eyes off her.

I panicked when she remind me about the rules. Of course, I remember it. Rule number 4, do not fall in love with me.

As much as I’ve clear knowledge of how she’s already in love me, I didn’t know what to do. I wasn’t much expecting it.

I’m not sure about how I feel. I wanted to love, but I’ve no idea why I’m stopping myself.

And probably, I didn’t want to feel betrayed by love again.

 

Dara’s Point Of View

I am a good student, I know it. I pay attention in class. I passed up homework on time. I get good grades all the time. I treat my teachers and my schoolmates with respect. I did everything that a good student does.

But Ji-Yong, he was trying to mess with me.

And because of him, I’ve a hard time concentrating in class. I couldn’t catch up with what the teacher was teaching and I’m starting to get lost whenever I’m doing my homework. My grades have dropped tremendously and I’m seriously going crazy because of that guy.

Just like this morning, I don’t know how he does it but every second he is always slightly brushing his hand against mine. And his legs, I don’t even want to talk about it.

He is good at this, real good.

As usual, I went to work after school. It was until halmeoni told me she's closing down the restaurant here and moving back to her home town. I couldn’t get myself tonight. I’ve been with her for years and suddenly, she’s leaving me. I mean I could visit her but she’s like a mother to me, maybe more to grandmother but she treat me like no one ever did.

“When are you leaving?” I asked halmeoni, my eyes were getting watery.

“Tomorrow. I’m sorry I got to tell you this now, but this is a last minutes decision.” She said as she keeps her fingers on my hand gently.

“Why?” A tear rolled down my cheeks, I couldn’t take it anymore. She’s the closer person to me right now.

“I’m getting old. Seoul is not the place for me. And if I were to die, the last place that my eyes will see will definitely be back in my home town. You can visit me when you’re free, I’ll cook your favorite dishes for you, arasso?” she said as she gave me the smile that I always felt so comfortable with.

Today was the last day I’m working for her and the time seems to pass so fast. It was already closing time and I didn’t want to step out of this restaurant. I didn’t want her to leave. I gave her a last goodbye hug before going home.

My mood was really bad and I couldn’t concentrate at all. I felt a part of me have left.

My parents left me. Alex left me and now, halmeoni left too.

Now, the only person I’d is Ji-Yong and I won’t let him leave me like how they left me too.

 

I felt a weird ambience as I opened the door. It was weird enough the lights were on but everyone gathering at Ji-Yong’s living room, I frowned to myself.

“Is it another meeting?” I thought to myself.

I took off my shoes as I walked to the living room. Everyone was quiet; Ji-Yong was leaning against his couch with his eyes closed.

Then there was, a girl in a black dress that reached her mid-thigh, covering herself in a huge jacket. I’ve seen Ji-Yong wore it before. She was trembling in fear, her hair was in a mess and I could see a few bruises on her legs.

“Oh hey, Dara. You’re back.” Bom said. Her tone was different, she sounds sad and it’s not like her.

“Hey.” That was all I could say. I knew something is going on and it’s not good. Sure, I didn’t want to interfere but looking at that girl just reminds me about myself so much.

 I couldn’t stop looking at her. The girl looked up slowly and looked into my eyes. I felt nothing. There was no fear, no pain and no sadness in them. She just stared at me with a blank expression.

“Dara.” I heard Ji-Yong said my name. I snapped my head to him, waiting for the things he’s going to say next.

“Could you help me prepare a room for her? She’s staying here from now on.” I just froze on spot. I mean suddenly a girl just randomly popped out of nowhere is staying with us from now on. Okay, maybe she’s in the same situation as me but at least he could tell me who she is, and I were to be prepared a room for her, what am I, her maid?

I wasn’t mad but I was disappointed. He kissed me just yesterday and now, his tone were cold and he talked to me in a demanding way as if, if I didn’t follow his words, I were to be killed on spot.

But of course, I didn’t make things hard for him. I nodded which he didn’t see as he raked his hair in frustration as lowered his head.

I walked up to the spare room in the middle of mine and Ji-Yong and prepare everything that is needed.

The night was peaceful, but my mind wasn’t.

 

Ji-Yong’s Point Of View

I didn’t really see this coming. Most importantly, I didn’t expect her at all. It has been years since we see each other, and I’ve clearly given up on love.

I didn’t know what I was feeling. The moment I see her, I wanted her out of my house but the words and actions she say and do next, I could help but feel hurt. I don’t understand was it sympathy or love, but I know my mind was pushing me to the corner, telling me to help her.

 

-FLASHBACK-

I was sitting on the couch, researching on my next mission with the others.

“Hyung, if we could…” Seung Ri said as he was interrupted by a crazy knocked on the door.

I mean whoever it’s, is seriously crazy. The person didn’t stop knocking. I got frustrated as I walked to the door. I thought it was Dara at first, forgetting to bring her keys again because she was the only one that can enter the mansion other than my parents and the others.

“Did you for…” I opened the door in an angry manner and my anger rose after seeing her.

“Stephanie…” I frowned. She was trembling in fear, her clothes were slightly torn and her lips were bleeding.

I could hear everyone gasped. I was shocked as well. After all these years, she still has the cheeks to come to me.

“What do you want, Stephanie?” I said in frustration. I didn’t know what she wants and clearly, I didn’t want to know.

“Please… GD. Please let me in. Listen to me.” She cried.

I surely was out of my head letting her in. Everyone sat on the couch quietly.

“How did you get in here?” I asked.

“The servants… I begged them to let me in.” she said as her head was lowered. I couldn’t see her expression; I didn’t know if this was a trapped or what but those bruises on her… it doesn’t seems fake at all.

I removed my jacket and put it on for her. She looked up to me, her eyes were still watery. I moved away from her gaze.

“Why are you here?” I asked again.

There was a moment of silence. Everyone in my living room was looking at her, waiting for her reply, just like me.

“I… I escaped.”

Nobody said a word.

“I’m sorry, GD. I felt stupid for leaving you and I hate myself for doing it. I clearly wasn’t myself last time. I shouldn’t have leave you.” She cried as she looked up to me, grabbing onto the jacket on her tightly.

“Kim… Kim-Yang. He tortured me and me. And he said if I were to escape, he’ll find me and kill me. I was stupid to accept his offer that time. You know about my mother, you know what situation she’s in! He said he could help me and he makes a damn good offer. And in return, I must leave you and go to him. He has been using me for years, GD. And every time I escape, wanting to go  to you, I failed. He’s sick, GD. He’s crazy!” The tears in her eyes didn’t stop flowing.

“Please… Please don’t chase me away. I finally escaped from him. Please… Don’t make me go back. I’ll die.” She said as she grabbed my hand tightly.

My head was in confusion. I didn’t know if I was going to forgive her. Before I could say anything, Dara was home.

I raked my hair in confusion.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

And the next thing I know, I let her stayed.

 

I told everyone to go back to their apartment as I’ll deal with this my own.

I stood outside Stephanie’s room, not knowing if I should go in. As I turned the knob, I realized it wasn’t locked. I opened slightly, just to see her changing. There were bruises all over her body, just like Dara. My heart ache at that moment, moreover, she’s the first girl that I’ve loved.

“Stephanie.” I whispered.

She turned to me, just stood there like a statue. I don’t know what I’m doing in her room, but my feets just brought me there.

Before I speak a word, she ran up to my and embrace me, like a lost child.

I closed my eyes, and hugged her back.

“Don’t worry. He’s not going to hurt you anymore.” I didn’t know what I was saying.

She looked up at me and placed her lips onto mine.

 

Dara’s Point Of View

It hurts. It hurts like a . First, he kissed me and next, his lips were onto another’s. I don’t know who she is, but I can see she’s important to him. I clutched onto my chest, inhale and exhale deeply. I don’t want those emotions to invade me once again.  I couldn’t handle that anymore and I know it.

I walked back to my room, after I accidentally saw the whole thing. I lied on my bed, stared at the ceiling for like forever.

I’ve never felt this way before.

And it sure hurts more than those injuries that the man has caused.

I won’t lose Ji-Yong. I love him and if he left me, I’m a gone case.

I’m going to win him back. I’m going to be with him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Yeoreobun!

I've a few chapters on hold already, which mean the more I post, the more I write. I'll upload a chapter every day or probably two if I feel like it! Kekeke, until my school starts, I might delay a while. I'm glad that you guys like my story, I'll try my best to do better and the mean time, here is another chapter.

Have a good night, everyone!

 

Dream