Chapter 4

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 4: First Meeting

 

It was another usual day at the restaurant. I was already preparing to go back to the house of the living dead, but this time I took the short cut instead. I was unfamiliar with the route but I still give it a try. I wanted to go back as fast as possible, deal with his s and go back to bed early for my body is breaking down.

I walked into the alley at the end of the streets before turning to the street down the road where the apartment is, I realized I was no more than finding myself trouble again.

No, I was not lost.

In fact, I was surrounded by a group of guys - disgusting, dirty and drunken guys. The alley was dark, darker than the hallway of the apartment. The lamps were flickering. The ground was damp and the alley even smelled.

 

“What do you want?” I said.

“Oh, we've got ourselves a feisty one!” one of them said, while others were laughing.

“What do you want?” I asked again. I never thought that my voice can be this cold.

“You.” He said staring right into my eyes.

I couldn’t see him clearly, part of his face was hiding in the shadow, the other was shone brightly in the dim light.

I slowly looked down and looked around me, finding objects that can hurt them, that was able to hurt their ty attitude as well.

There - at the very corner, cartons of beer bottles. I know I wouldn’t be able to reach it, but I’m willing to give it a try.

I ran towards it, and suddenly, I felt my wrists being held. I was yanked back and was facing one of them right now. His face was so close to mine I can smell his breathe that reeks of alcohol and at the same time, his cologne that was surrounding him. Still, it was too gross for me. I hate being this close to someone.

I stomped onto his feet hard.

 

“AH! YOU !” he screamed.

I ran with all my life but was caught by the others.

I was thrown onto the floor, lying on the damp floor. I didn’t bothered to shout for help, I didn’t even bothered to cry.

“Scream, . Why don’t you scream? Huh? Lost your voice? Or you actually wanted us to do so much worse than this? You like it, huh? Being surrounded by so many guys?” That was it. I was literally having goose bumps. His ego was so high up the sky, I can hardly see it anymore.

“ off.” I spat.

I tried to arm him with my elbow but he was fast. He pushed me against the wall with my right arm bending behind, as he pushed himself against my back. I was facing the rough dirty walls. I turned my face to the side, staring at him with the corner of my eyes.

“, don’t worry. We’ll make sure you’re gonna enjoy every moment.” He laughed. All of them laughed.

He turned me around, forcing himself in the side of my neck. I struggled. Still refusing to scream for help, I’ve no idea why.

Now, I’m struggling more.

 

Then, I realized something suddenly flowed down from my eyes to my cheeks – tears.

I cried and I realized why.

ity is the only thing I’ve left - family, love, everything. It was taken away from me. I’m all I’ve left. I’m all alone by myself, and no matter what, I’ll protect myself.

However, those were empty words. I couldn’t fight. I hadn’t had much food for the day. I’m hungry and tired.

 

“Maybe this is really my fate.” I thought to myself, closing my eyes with more tears forming.

 

Suddenly, the guy was yanked away from me.

My eyes were still closed, not wanting to know what is gonna happened next. I heard noises.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw all of them fighting a guy.

He was fast. His reflexes were so fast. He blocked every of their punches.

Seconds later, all of the guys were on the floor. Some of them were holding onto their stomach, some on their head and some on their arms.

I was still shaking.

I couldn’t see the guy. It was as if he’s just a shadow.

I could see him getting closer and closer.

 

My heart was beating rapidly.

His brown orbs were staring at me. His blonde hair was shining in the dark. His face features were so sharp I couldn’t stop staring. Another tear dropped and this time I’ve no idea why.

“Next time, scream..” The stranger said and all I could feel from his cold voice was warmth. Ironic, I know. Before I snapped back to reality, he was gone.

 

 

I lied on my bed, looking at the ceiling. His face, I couldn’t get it out of my head.

I’ve no idea why my heart was pounding so fast by the thoughts of him. A stranger that willing to fight for me? To put his life in risks just to save me? Well, even my father never does that.

And I realized, I’m in love. I’m falling in love with a stranger.