Chapter 6

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 6: He's G-Dragon

 

I stand in front of the beautifully built building.

It is my first day of school. I looked down at myself. I am wearing a white blouse and the school grand-looking red and black checkered outerwear. Luckily, the outerwear was able to hide my hideous bruised skin. Then, I am wearing a black stocking underneath the checkered skirt that stop at my mid-thighs and a leatherette black sneakers.

I just couldn’t understand the rules of this school. Why are we not allowed to wear stockings?

 

“Y-080…” I mumbled to myself, “Ah… There.” I stopped as I turned the knob and took a peek inside of the classroom.

The teacher is inside, and the class is filled with people. As much as anxiety hits me in my nerve, I knocked on the door thrice.

“Come in!” A loud yet sweet voice was heard.

I took a few tiny steps before stopping right in front of her.

“You must be Dara. I'm Miss. Annie, your English teacher.” She said.

“Okay, attention! We’ve a new classmate here! Please make her feel welcome, alright?” she said while clasping her hand.

“Do you want to introduce yourself?” she whispered to me.

I shook my head lightly. I was looking down ever since I stepped into the classroom.

“Okay, there’s only an available seat right there.” She pointed to an empty seat.

I held my head up, following the direction of her finger.

I saw the empty seat and a guy with blonde hair. He is leaning against the chair, looking down at his finger, playing with his ring.

"Oh, by the way. No stocking is allowed. Please take note that it's not part of the uniform." she said, stopping me on track. I looked down at myself before nodding.

"There's no way I'll remove this." I thought to myself. It is the only fabric that can cover up the disgusting evidence of the man's doings.

Everybody are looking at me, as if I am about to land myself into the world of danger. I ignored every single stare and walked towards the seat. I place my bag on the floor and adjust myself.

I looked up, just to see everyone gazing at me. Some of them are whispering to each other, some of them are frowning. I looked at the blonde hair guy beside me. He is still playing with his ring.

 

“I’m not gonna emphasize this again.” He looked up at me. “I don’t care what you do, but this seat right here…” pointing at my chair, “is not available.” He looked down at his fingers again, still playing with his ring.

My eyes widened. Not because of his threatening words, but because he is so familiar. My heart pounding so hard and it has never been like this ever since the day the stranger saves me.

“You…” My voice was faint but loud enough for him to hear.

He looked at me. Eyes filled with confusion.

“I found you.” I slightly turned my body towards him, still looking at him,

His eyes are as cold as ice, but completely different from my father, from the man who abuse me. Before I could say another word, he stood up, looking down at me before walking away.

I looked down at my lap and frowned. I looked up and turned myself to my right.

“Could you tell me what is going on? Who is he?” I asked the girl on my right.

“Obviously you didn’t do your homework before coming to this school. He’s G-Dragon. The son of the president of this school.” She said, leaning down on the chair with her eyes closed. “He doesn’t like to get close with strangers, or I could say, people.” She opened her eyes and tilted her head a little towards me, looking at me.

“I’m Chaerin and I prefer people to call me CL.” She said. Her eyeliner was thick but it brings out her brown eyes even more. Her blonde hair is glowing and her voice is… unique.

 

It is break time. I couldn’t stand being in the crowd. Unknowingly, I headed to the roof top. I walked to the railings in the middle of the open space. I closed my eyes, tilted my head up. I felt calm. I felt free.

“You shouldn’t be here.” I heard a low and cold voice, a voice that filled with anger yet sorrow.

I don’t know what I’m - an expert in knowing the hidden emotions of someone just by hearing their voice or something else. I turned my head and saw the same blonde guy that was sitting beside me during English class.

“Excuse me?” I tilted my head to the side and frowned slightly.

“How many times do you want me to repeat myself?” he said, staring at me.

“I’m sorry, I was just…”

“Leave.” He cut my sentence.

A sudden paused of silence.

“Look, I know you’re the son of the president of this school, but that doesn’t mean you have the rights to ask me to leave. As much as I would like to leave you alone, I wanted to be alone too. I’m not disturbing you, am I?” I didn’t pause any of my words. I looked at him, trying to keep myself calm. This is the place where I feel calm and a little bit happy, how dare he try to take that feeling away from me?

That was it. I’m a goner. He walked slowly towards me. His head lowered a bit, but his eyes still staring right into mine. Every step that he takes, I can feel that my heart was beating rapidly.

The next thing I know, the distance between us was so called 'dangerous'.

“Repeat what you say.” He whispered beside my ears. I can feel his hot breath around my neck.

I froze. His voice is smoothing. I don’t know why but this feeling, it is weird and strange to me.

“I… I…” I stuttered.

I looked up to me. My mind was twirling in confusion.

“Doesn’t he recognize me?” I thought to myself.

 

“Is this how you talk to your savior?”

“You…” I looked up at him with confusion, “You remember me?”

“How could I? The girl who don’t scream.” He smirked, “Look, love. I was just merely passing by, don’t get it the wrong way. I was just in a good mood that day, because if I wasn’t, I’d leave you to die there.” He said, looking at me from head to toe before continuing, “Now, tell me again, is this who you are or are you just trying to be cocky, wanting to gain my attention?” He smirked again.

His smirk. It is charming.

“How could you think that way!? You’re in a life and death situation now, Dara!” I thought to myself.

I looked back at him, seeing him frowning.

 

Ji-Yong’s Point Of View

She was weird, a very weird girl.

When I heard from Seung Ri that we’ll be having a new classmate, I didn’t bothered.

However, my mind betrayed me when I first heard her voice.

 

“I’m not gonna emphasize this again.” I said while playing my favorite ring, “I don’t care what you do, but this seat right here… is not available.”

“You…” I heard her voice. It is the sweetest voice I’ve ever heard in my entire life. My mind was corrupted at that time, and I’ve absolutely no idea why.

I looked at her, mind filled with confusion.

She looked rather familiar. Then I recalled, the girl who doesn’t scream.

That was it. I’m not up for any drama after having a terrible morning, thanks to my baby sister, Minzy, the drama queen.

I stood up, taking another glance at her before walking away.

 

Dara’s Point Of View

I couldn’t figure him out. I couldn’t figure anyone out. I couldn’t even figure myself.

I pushed him away from me before walking away.

As I was heading towards the exit door, I was held onto my wrists and was yanked back. I hated this feeling. It reminded me of the man - the beast.

I stared at him, eyes filled with anger. As much as I admitted liking him, and saving me by fighting with a group of drunken guys, I still hated the way he looked at me. It was as if I’ve killed his entire family.

“What do you want from me? You want me to leave? Fine. What are you holding up now?” I said, my voice sounded cold like his. I was trying to make him taste his own medicine.

“Don’t you ever dare talk to me like that again! And from now on, as your savior, you’re to listen to me. You’ll be here whenever I ask you to and until then, you’re not allowed to question me.” He seemed like commanding me. I looked at him in disbelief.

“Why are you doing this?” I asked.

“Don’t you ever listen? I said not to question me.” He let go of my hand and walked towards the exit.

 

“What did I do to deserve this? Even the guy that I felt slightly safe, hated me.” I thought to myself. Then, felt something wet on my cheeks. It wasn’t raining. It was depression hitting me again.

 

After school, I rushed to the restaurant for work. It is like the usual days.

I reached home at 12am, preparing myself for the hell loose of the beast. To my surprise, he is not home. I stand in the middle of the empty and cold apartment, looking around. This is the first time I’ve examined this place so carefully. The ceiling is dirty and so are the walls. The sofa is a little torn but still looking perfectly fine. There is not much furniture in this apartment but I could smell death.

He is not home.

And I am free from his abuse; at least I thought I was.