Chapter 36

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 36: Cleared

 

Days have gone quite peaceful. Examination was over and graduation ceremony is around the corner. However, none of us planned to go for it anyway. I’m already well-trained for a beginner.  I learnt how to hold a gun even to Ji-Yong’s dismay but it’s just for protection. My fighting skills are fine and I’m finally able to defense myself, though I’ve secretly trained myself in the black room whenever they’re out for a mission.

My first mission will not be dealing with Kim-Yang but grabbing hold on most serious drugs that every other gang wanted, even gangs from Hong Kong. It was recently shipped here to Korea to be sent to a private organization in Seoul. And from Ji-Yong, the organization is composed of a dangerous powerful group of people that is able to destroy anyone or everyone who cross them. So if we got hold of the drug, high chance the organization will be coming for us.

D. L – The drug’s name; having the ability to kill someone in a slow tormented way and if taken more than one time, it’ll kill the person in instant.

 

“We can’t let others get hold of it, not to mention Kim-Yang. We need to get it immediately right after it shipped here.” TOP said.

I hardly hear TOP speaks though. We were sitting in the meeting room in the black room. Clearly, this shows that the drug is extremely important as they normally would discuss in the main hall. As Dae-Sung was explaining more details on the drug using the iPad on the tables, I was busy searching for the shipping information on the computer.

“Dara, have you got the information yet?” Tae-Yang asked.

“Just a few seconds.” – “There!” I’ve done searching for the shipping day, time and location and it’s transferred to the iPads.

“Tomorrow in the evening?” CL frowned as she said.

I nodded.

“Weird, normally this kind of things is during midnight.” Bom said.

I didn’t understand any of their conversation but still manage to listen to whatever they say, hoping I’ll get used to it in the further and understand better.

I looked at them as they prepare their weapons for tomorrow mission. Ji-Yong wanted the drugs not for himself, but to destroy it instead. And that’s what makes me love him even more.

 

Again, waking up to the sight of Ji-Yong was more than I can ever dream of. I looked at the white clock that is hanged on the wall. 06:00am. I didn’t know why I couldn’t sleep at all, probably because I was nervous, or probably I’d something else on my mind.

I silently tip-toed and went to the bathroom, not wanting to wake him up. As I’d freshen up, I walked out of the apartment and headed to the black room. Few servants have already reported for work but still, I managed to keep my sight out of them. As I entered the code on the keypad and scanned my finger prints on the screen detector, the door creaked opened loudly. This was it, it’s my first time I’ve ever headed in here alone and I didn’t feel right at all. However, I didn’t care, not that I’ve a choice right now.

I went to the computer room and sat in front of the computer that Ji-Yong have assigned personally for me. I logged in and type a few information of what I’m searching.

 

Kim-Yang.

 

Everything about him popped out in a window on the screen; his name, his birth date, his birthplace, what he do, what crime he does, everything about him – but there is one thing that’s blocked, his family details.

I was a little more curious than that. Having a lot of possibilities thoughts about his family came popping out in my head, but there’s one thing I’m sure of – his father, Kim-Yoo, was killed by YG, Ji-Yong’s father.

I did more and more research but all I could find was the same old repeating information, nothing new at all.

However, if I got on more missions that involved him, I’ll know more, and I’ll bring him down even if it means risking my own life.

 

 

It was already 6pm. I was in the van; headset ready, laptop ready, micro ready, weapons ready, tracking props ready and I was more than ready.

Everyone was ready at the port waiting for the shippers and drug to reach. As they were hiding, I was already prepared with everything. I could track them easily and updating them about the mission and the whereabouts of the shipping information, but there’s another mission for me – putting a tracker on Kim-Yang.

“Dara, can you hear me?” Ji-Yong said as I adjust the headset on my ears.

“Neh.” I replied, still staring at the laptop waiting for their signals.

“There’s something wrong, could you checked again the shipping information?”

I didn’t respond but I’m sure the sound of my fingers pressing the keyboards could be heard by him.

“There are no changes; but, I could see there are many cars coming from the other side of the port.” I said, as I checked the signal coming from the other side.

“It’s the other gangs, do not come out of the car no matter what, do you understand me, Dara?” he commanded me. I stayed quiet for a few seconds before agreeing, which I’ve no plans of doing it and it makes me feel extremely guilty for lying and disobeying him again and again.

After a few minutes, the shippers have arrived and two men dressed in black were already preparing to make a deal with them as they’re talking. A group of men was also behind them, holding onto their own weapons, seeming to be ready for attacking if anyone crossed them.

It wasn’t until I started hearing guns shooting that I realized…

 

The war has finally started.

 

A group of men that I’ve never seen came out from behind the cargo and started attacking the group of man that was protecting the two black men dressed in black, and immediately, it was obviously that they’re from the secret organization that wanted the drug and was originally arranged to be given to them – Indigo, they called it.

Not yet, it wasn’t time for YG gang to act yet.

I could see blood everywhere. People fell to the ground, dead. Bullets were pierced through everywhere of their body. Everyone was risking their life, just for one thing – the killer drug.

I didn’t freak out. I couldn’t. I needed to be strong – for myself, for Ji-Yong, for YG.

As a man was protecting the drug with a gun in his hand, he was running to the boat that was assigned for their departure. I don’t know if anyone saw him, the place was a complete mess right now.

“Ji-Yong, two o’clock!” I said over the headset with the microphone attached to it, telling him the direction of the man with the drug.

“Noted.” He said calmly, and I could hear the sound of the gun clicking, ready to shoot anytime.

I looked over at the mess of the violence atmosphere, and a figure just walked through the dark.

“Kim-Yang.” I thought to myself.

Just placing a tracker on him will do, and my plan of revenge will soon be a success.

 

I planned everything well. However, it was screwed within seconds. Ji-Yong unexpectedly came out from his hiding and shoots the man that was holding onto the bag full of drug dead. I could see the bullets pierce through his head even though it was in the dark. That wasn’t the plan at all. He wasn’t supposed to kill any of the man other than Tenk. Our plan was suppose to make others get hold of the drug and kill them on spot. He knows that the secret organization is unable to be touch; otherwise they’d screwed us over. They’re a powerful group, hiding in the dark; even the police don’t have the ability to track them. Something about them is mysterious and I didn’t know anything right now.

But Ji-Yong did it anyway. He killed the man without blinking an eye. He grabbed hold of the drug and ran to the car immediately, at the same time, informing everyone to go back to the car.

Ji-Yong screwed my plan.

It was supposedly to be Tenk to snatch the drug and YG attacking them, and I’ll have my chance to get out and give an excuse as to help them snatch the drug and run back to the car, simultaneously, planting a tracker on Kim-Yang. But I didn’t know things will turned out this way.

I was snapped back to reality after noticing Ji-Yong was already starting the car engine, driving his way out of the port. Everyone in the van was stunned at well.

The whole ride was quiet. Nobody dare to speak a word.

 

Everyone was back to their apartment after the meeting. The drug were locked somewhere by Ji-Yong and nobody knows the password to it. And if I were to hack it, it will immediately catch the attention of Ji-Yong therefore, I’ve never had the intention to do it. I mean, I don’t need the drug anyway and whatever is inside his secret room, I don’t think I’ll much more interest  in than getting the revenge of my brother. And it wasn’t then I realized, I wasn’t that pure and innocent Dara anymore.

“Why did you do it?” We were both side by side on the bed. I asked Ji-Yong, who was lying beside me, with his arm covering his eyes.

“Ji-Yong, why did you do it?” I asked again after hearing no response.

My eyes were on him. He removed his arm away from his face and turned to look at me.

“I don’t know, Dara.”

I frowned, not knowing what he means but I know I shouldn’t asked any further. I slowly slide down and hugged him as I leaned my head on his chest.

“It’s okay, Ji-Yong.” I closed my eyes shut.

 

 

“Ji-Yong?” I called out for him.

I hate this, I hated not waking up to the sight of him. It was 10am in the morning.  I skipped breakfast and walked down to the main hall after not finding him in the apartment.

“Is he in the black room again?” I thought to myself, after not able to search for him in the main hall as well.

 

“I’ve been finding for you.” I said as I watched Ji-Yong lying on the cold hard ground of training hall.

He sat up slowly and looked at me, “Have you eaten?”

I nodded, not wanting him to worry or forcing me back to the apartment to have my breakfast without him.

I walked over towards him and sat beside him.

“Dara, I don’t want you to be involved this time.” he said coldly.

“Why!?” I shouted immediately.

“It’s no longer a mission anymore, Dara.”

“No, we promise! I want to be here with you no matter what happened, Ji-Yong! You can’t push me away every time you want, any time you want! I’ll be in this with you and I don’t care. We made a deal, we promise to be together till the end. You can’t push me away like everyone does, Ji-Yong.” My eyes were getting teary; I looked down, not wanting him to see how vulnerable I’m when it comes to this.

He then lifted up my chin and planted a kiss on my trembling lips.

“I’ll never push you away, Dara. But its dangerous this time round, I can’t afford to lose you.” He said as he wiped off the tear that rolled down from my cheeks.

“That’s why I must be in this together with you! I can’t afford to lose you too, Ji-Yong.” I hugged him as I whispered, “I’ll die...”

 

He sighed. “I can never win you, can’t I?” he said as he looked into my eyes.

I chuckled softly. “Ji-Yong, please tell me everything.”

He sighed again as he nodded.

 

 

Everyone was already settling down in the meeting room. However, I wasn’t facing the screens this time; in fact, I was sitting in one of the chairs, being one of them.