Chapter 12

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 12: His Home

 

“Woah…” I said under my breath.

His house is… enormous. Basically like a mansion. No, it’s a mansion.

“Do you live alone?” I asked.

“I live alone, but CL, Seung Ri, Dae Sung, Tae Yang, TOP, Bom and Minzy live together with me in this mansion.” He replied.

“TOP? Minzy? Who’re they?”

“Minzy is my step-sister. TOP is Bom’s boyfriend. We all live in a different apartment, but together in this mansion.”

I was getting slightly comfortable after hearing him explained. I mean, it was kind of surprising he answered me.

I got out of the car and followed him in. Damn, there was a row of servants standing on each side of the door. They bowed immediately at the sight of him, which makes me looks kind of small.

I followed him to the lift as he pressed the button of the top floor.

It was awkward. The atmosphere was way too awkward for me. We were standing side by side to each other; I could feel his hand slightly touching my skin. I didn’t dare to move an inch.

 

*DING*

 

The elevator opened. This is it. I’m going to stay here from now on, maybe at least after I found a place to stay.

I walked behind him with my head lowed the entire time.

“If you want to use the bathroom, it’s right beside your room.” He said as he pointed to the door beside the room I’m staying, “There.”

“Thank you.” I said, still with my head bowed.

I opened the door slowly and took a peek inside before entering. It is… huge. Nearly the same size as my old bedroom back then when I lived with my father but slightly bigger.

The room is filled with grand-looking furniture. Everything is in black and white. I’d pretty much say I like everything here but it’s dark. Why does room always have to be so dark? I immediately went to switch on all the lights but still, I wanted it to be as bright as the sun. I don’t want to have nightmare every night, thinking I’m still in the hands of the man.

 

I walked to Ji-Yong’s bedroom and hesitated to knock. I wanted to lend a lamp from him, hopefully he had one.

“What is it?” He is shirtless, only in his black ripped jeans. I hated it when he does that, I mean, even though I’m a girl, still, it’s dangerous when I’ve never seen someone so charming like him.

“I… I wanted to lend your lamp… if you’ve…” I shuttered every words I said, with my head lowed to the floor.

I looked up, to find him missing. And, then, he appeared holding a tall lamp. I knew he wasn’t that cold-blooded.

I gave him a smile. “Thank you.”

As I stretched out my hand, wanting to take the lamp, he was one step ahead of me.

“I’ll do it, in case you get crush by the lamp” he said as he walked towards my room.

“Can’t he just stop being annoying for one second?” I thought to myself as I pouted.

 

After he left my room, I took out my sweater, sweatpants, undergarments and towel from my bag and headed towards the bathroom.

“I’m going to live with this dangerous creature from now on.” I thought to myself as cold water splashes onto me.

After a long cold shower, I went to grab my towel and dry myself before I wear my undergarments and as I was grabbing my undergarments, I accidentally dropped my sleepwear onto the wet floor.

“! Damn it!” I shouted.

“What am I going to do now?” I thought to myself. I immediately picked up the wet clothing and placed it on the sink. I paced around the bathroom.

“I don’t have a choice, do I?” I mumbled to myself.

I continued wearing my undergarments, wrapped myself with the towel and grabbed my sleepwear. I opened the door of the bathroom slightly and peek out, to see if anyone is out there.

“6 steps. You only need 6 steps, Dara.” I mumbled to myself, sighing.

I switched off the lights and slowly took a step outside of the bathroom as quiet as possible, not wanting to make a sound, not even a squeak. As I turned to close the bathroom door, I heard another door creaked opened.

“!” I shouted in my head.

I slowly ly to see him leaning against his door, crossing his arm over his chest as his left leg cross over his right leg.

I didn’t even take a step!

I turned back to the bathroom and closed my eyes before running back to my bathroom. It was an embarrassment, a total embarrassment.

I couldn’t step out of my room afterwards, at least not now.

 

Ji-Yong’s Point Of View

I was just planning to get myself a glass of water, but when I opened the door, I saw her – wrapped in towel, hugging her sweater.

I leaned against the door, trying to stay cool but my heart says otherwise.

It was aching.

I was aching at the side of her. Her body was covered in cuts and bruises, and there was a faint scar on her left arms. There were blue-black all over her fair legs and arms. How could someone do this to her?

I couldn’t contain my frowned. I wanted to ask her why, and even before I can do that, she made a sprint towards her room. And that’s when I realized she’s wrapped in her towel.

 

Dara’s Point Of View

I was packing my clothes and I heard a knock on my door. It was an impatient kind of one, I don’t even need to know who is it. I walked in fast speed to the door.

“What’s it?” I said, opening the door to find him handling me a piece of paper.

“If you want to stay here, sure. But you’ve to follow the rules here.”

I took the piece of paper and stared at it for a few seconds.

As  I was about to say something, he’s already on his way back to his room.

I closed my door and sat at the edge of me bed, reading the paper that he gave me.

 

  1. I won’t collect any rent from you, but you’re to do whatever I say.
  2. This entire house must be clean at all times.
  3. You’re not allowed to hide anything from your savior/landlord.
  4. Do not fall in love with me.
  5. If you break any of these rules, you’re DEAD.

 

I've already broke one of the rules, but he doesn’t know it.

And that’s being in love with him.