Chapter 40

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 40: The Deal

 

Minzy was told that she was out with her friends and Ji-Yong assigned a whole lot of men to protect her but in the end, she was there – being tied up to a chair, screaming the names of ours, screaming for help, screaming to be free.

My heart was aching, and I was as afraid as her. Ever since I came into this family, ever since I saved Minzy the other day, she was already a part of me like Ji-Yong. She was important and I treat her like my sister, just like Alex.

“ life.” I thought to myself, as I sighed deeply.

I was not the most devastated here. Ji-Yong was, and it makes my heart ache even more.

This is our consequence, our final battle - drugs in exchange for Minzy.

 

“What are we going to do now, hyung?” Seung Ri asked Ji-Yong in a soft voice, not wanting to agitate him anymore.

There was a pause, a long pause.

“We’re going to save Minzy…” he said as he looked up to all of us, “and we’re going to give them the drugs.”

Everyone frowned. “A replicate.” He smirked.

He was out of his mind. By right now, even I know crossing Indigo is not anyone’s doings and of course, we couldn’t just barge in and save Minzy. It never works.

“Dae-Sung, I need you to do a replicate on this one, a really similar one that will keep them off for a period of time.” Ji-Yong said.

“But hyung, I need at least 24 hours to do this.” Dae-Sung replied, frowning.

“I’ll delay the time, right now, prepare all the things you need and start right away.” Dae-Sung nodded as Ji-Yong went to take the drugs for Dae-Sung.

 

 

“I need another 24 hours.” Ji-Yong said over the phone as one of the man from Indigo called him.

“Okay, but if you don’t give us the drugs within 24 hours like you said, the girl will die. A miserable death.” The man hung up, leaving Ji-Yong clenched his fists as he hit his knuckled on the table, raking his hair in frustration.

“Ji-Yong…” I said, as I was hiding behind the door of his bedroom.

He turned as he looked at me. His eyes were cold as ice but I still could feel his warmth.

“Dara, I need you to do something for me.” He said as he stared right into my eyes, wanting me to do that he doesn’t take no for an answer.

“What is it?” I replied.

“I need you to say yes before I tell you.”

“But Ji-Yong…”

“Dara…” Again, disappointment in his eyes starting to show.

I nodded.

“I need you to stay here…”

“No!” I cut him off, and clearly that’s the thing that I never wanted to hear.

“Listen to me, Dara. I need you to stay here and take care of the drugs while we go and save Minzy.” He walked over to me and cupped my cheeks as he said to me. My soul was literally by him even just by staring at his beautiful and seductive pair of brown eyes.

It was a win-win situation. They needed someone to protect the drugs while they saved Minzy but as much as I wanted to help him, I wanted to fight with him too.

I showed a sigh of hesitation. Simultaneously, he leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

“I need you to do this right now, Dara. Can you do it?” he said.

“You trust me to take care of the drugs for you?” I asked.

He frowned, and by his looks, he must be confused with my words. Not to mention, I’m too.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“I mean, it’s important. You’re letting me take in-charge of it?” I said.

He gave me a faint smile.

“Yes, Dara. I trust you.” He hugged me as he kissed my head.

 

Thus, the plan now is – they’re going to the headquarters and give them the replicate drugs and save Minzy and I’m going to stay in the black room, protecting the drugs as no one knows if Indigo’s men will came barging in, taking the house down just for it.

Ji-Yong said they’re pretty much smart enough to know that both are important to us and that we'll definitely have a plan to everything.

 

20 hours had gone and Dae-Sung was almost done with his drugs. All of them were prepared and the atmosphere at home was scary enough. Ji-Yong sent all the servants back to their home yesterday and tell them not to come back after three days. And for me, I was told to stay in the black room for the entire day. Guards were located all over the mansion as well.

I hated it every time they said not to underestimate Indigo and yet they didn’t want to tell me about them. I was in the black room, sitting in Ji-Yong’s private room as I watched over the drugs. I needed to do something and I wanted to. I hated sitting here like an idiot as well, protecting over something that they probably isn’t going to get. But, never take the risks and assume the possibilities, right?

 

“I’m going to go now, Dara. Please, no matter what, you’ve to take care of yourself, alright?  I promise this will end soon.” I nodded even though Ji-Yong couldn’t see as we talked over the phone.

“Dara?” he called for me again.

“Be careful, Ji-Yong.” I said as I heard his sighed. He hung up the phone and I couldn’t stop staring at my phone, hoping he’d called again.

It’s now or never.

I headed out of his private room as I head towards the meeting room where my computer is.

I sat down and started typing ‘Indigo’. Everything about them started popping out, though they’d a lot of closed information I couldn’t go through, I still won’t let myself missed any information.

As I spent all my available time going through their information, there are sure quite a lot of things I didn’t expected about them.

Information were all filled with some of the men’s identity, what they do – drugs trafficking, human’s experimenting and a whole lot of things that I didn’t even want to think anymore and a hell lot of information that I couldn’t stop going through. They’re good at this, the police probably don’t even know their existence and they could probably kill a whole lot of people with no affecting results.

And that’s when the times come.

“No…” I mumbled to myself.

 

Its life and death now.

It’s the final battle.

My final battle.