Chapter 20

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 20: Plan After Plan

 

It was already 1am after I reached home after work. I couldn’t stop thinking about that kiss on the roof top early in the morning. It was a torture to me but it was a pleasure to me too. I couldn’t keep my smile to myself at work and every time halmeoni asked me, I didn’t know how to answer back. Sure, she is observant enough because the first thing she tell me after watching me smiling to myself is ‘I know you’re in love, bring him to halmeoni someday.’ I couldn’t keep blushing.

“Is he even my boyfriend? I mean we are not official right? We just kissed, big deal!” I thought to myself as I removed my shoes.

I switched on the lights.

“Ah!” I jumped, clutching onto my chest.

“Damn it! You scare me.” I saw Ji-Yong resting on the couch with his gaze on me.

“Why are you always this late?” he asked.

 “Work.” I immediately make my way to my room as I couldn’t look at him in his eyes. I was embarrassed.

After I took a shower, I went down to the living room to find something to eat as my stomach were growling.

As I was cooking my ramyun, I suddenly felt someone hands around my waist.

 “Ji-Yong! What are you doing?” I shouted and jumped slightly and then I just stood there, totally froze, my hand just stopped mid-air as I was holding the chopsticks. I could hear bubbles popping. I turned to my side, waiting for his answer.

He then rests his head on my shoulder as he closed his eyes and hugged me from behind. He kept this position for nearly one minute.

“Ji-Yong?” I whispered his name softly.

“Continue with your noodles, just pretend I’m not here.”

How can I pretend he is not here when I’m here cooking and the person I’m so in love crazily is hugging me from behind? I nodded, like an idiot and continue cooking my noodle.

I turn the stove off and placed the chopsticks on the table. I didn’t move at all. I wanted to know why he do that.

“Ji-Yong, is there something wrong?” I asked as I kept my gaze at my pot of noodle.

“What have you done to me, Dara?” He whispered to my ear.

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t know what I’m feeling anymore, Dara. I don’t know why I’m doing this. Every time I see you get hurt, I feel so scared and I never felt that way before. What did you do to me? Tell me, Dara, who are you?” he said to me in the most gentle tone as I felt his lips on my hair. He tightened his hold on my waist.

“Ji-Yong…” I didn’t know what to reply him. He just randomly popped up of nowhere and tell me this bunch of words that I didn’t expect to hear from him.

He let go of his hands and started to back away from me.

I slowly turned around.

He stood there, raking his hair.

I walked towards him as I cupped his face and make him look at me, “I can’t finish this big pot of ramyun, do you want to share it with me?” I said as I give him a shy smile.

He smiled back.

After the silent supper session, we both walked back to our room. As I was about to enter, he held onto my forearm, stopping me.

“Can you stay with me for tonight? I promise I won’t do anything. I just need to clear my thoughts.”

We just looked at each other a few seconds before I nodded.

We lied on the same bed that night. My head was on his chest as he wrapped me around his arms. We didn’t talk at all. Not even a word.

He caressed my hair and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

And soon, my eyes betrayed me as I fell asleep.

 

I opened my eyes as the sun ray hits me.  I stretched myself even though my eyelids were so damn heavy. I sat up, with my eyes closed and soon, I fell asleep again.

I woke up after I fell to the side in sitting position. I rubbed my eyes and slowly, I was pretty much conscious…

My eyes widened. I realized I wasn’t in my room and the worst thing, the guy that I’ve slept in the same bed last night were sitting on the couch in front of me, staring right into my eyes.

I could see his brown orbs and even though his hair was messy, he still looked so damn hot.

I was speechless, and my eyes remain widened.

I immediately got myself off the bed. I fell as I couldn’t balanced myself.

I heard him chuckled. I turned to give him a death stare before running back to my room.

It was a total embarrassment. I mean, I know how I looked in the morning when I wake up. It was horrible. After I prepared myself for school, I walked to the living room for my breakfast.

I already saw Ji-Yong eating his pancakes. I quietly sat down, trying to ignore his existence.

“Is that how you look every morning? Don’t worry, you look like a goddess.” he said as he chuckled.

“Are you doing this on purpose?” I turned to give him and give him another stare, wanting to burn him right on spot.

“No. No, definitely not.” he said. He smirked as he took a bit of his pancake.

And then that’s when something popped up onto my head.

I smirked to myself.

“What are you going to do, Mr. G-Dragon?” I said as I eat my pancake. I could feel his gaze on me. I turned to look at him, resting my chin on my hand where I hold my fork.

“What are you talking about?” he said as he chewed.

“Oh you know... the rules…” I grinned.

He swallowed his food and looked at me for like forever.

“What rules?” I could sense him panicking as he gulped down his glass of ice water within five seconds.

He cleared his throat, looking at his pancakes.

“I don’t know. Let me recall.”  I said as I tapped my fingers on the table, “Oh, rule number 4. You remember what is it? I mean you’re the one who set it right, Mr. GD?” I smirked to him.

I could see his face getting more and more annoyed.

He stood up and placed the dishes on the sink before leaving for school.

I couldn’t stop giggling.

 

Even though I know I broke the rules, I’m glad he broke it too.

 

 No One’s Point Of View

“How is it going?” the man sitting on his chair said as he twirl in circle.

“Boss, she’s indeed staying with G-Dragon and the others as well. I’ve checked already. Her parents gave her away to another man only a few years ago. However, she escaped. Though I’ve no idea how she landed into Ji-Yong’s, I’ll continue to check on her. Please give me a few more days. I promise I’ll give every details that you seek for.” Another man said.

“Get out now.” The man on the chair said as he leaned against the chair with his fingers crossed and eyes closed.

“Oh Boss, I’ve forgot to mention, here’s the information of her family.” the other man said as he placed a brown envelope on his boss’ table. He bowed and left the room right after.

Soon, laughter filled the room.

“Oh, my sweet sweet Dara, the world is indeed small, isn’t it?”