Chapter 5

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 5: Words Kill

 

Today was different. Ever since I was abandoned by my own parents, I left my previous school as well. There were basically nothing left for me.

With all my savings, I decided to go to school, this time, a new school. At least I’m able to afford the school fees with my current jobs. I took a day off from the restaurant. I walked down the street, turned around the corner where the market was and stopped right on track in front of a huge building.

It is beautiful. The architecture of the building is simple breathtaking. I hesitated for a while before taking another step. I walked down the hallway, it is empty. There is not a single soul, probably because they’re having their summer break now. I opened the huge glass door that lead to the office and stopped in front of a lady with a short bob hair.

“Hi, how can I help you?” she said, flashing a wide smile.

“I… I would like to register as a student here.”

“Half of the semester has already passed, are you sure you want to start half way? I strongly suggest you apply next year, otherwise you’re going to have a hard time trying to catch up with what you’ve missed.” She said, with a frowned on her face. It was filled with concern, well, I concluded.

“Yes. I would like to start after this semester break.” I said bluntly.

“Okay. Please fill in this form. Thank you.” She said, handling me a white piece of paper.

“Uniforms and books can be bought at the store in the food lounge. You just have to keep walking straight and when you see the restroom, turn left and there you go.” She smiled.

I’ve lost times of how many times she has smiled to me, but it reminds me of my lady boss. It was comforting and the last thing I need is definitely a smile from a stranger.

I heeded her words and headed down to the store. The school is ridiculously enormous. I couldn’t stop gazing at every detail on the wall.

After purchasing my uniforms and books, I went straight to the prison-like apartment.

I was early. It was 5pm in the evening. He is not home yet. I lied down on my bed, staring at my ceiling, thinking all the possible things that I’ll be able to do once I leave here. Then again, I’ve no idea why, sadness invade my mind again.

“Who am I to think that big?” I thought to myself.

I heard the front door clicked open.

I hid under my blanket. As much as I want to lock the door and avoid him, I couldn’t. He removed the door because I’ve locked every time I try to escape from his violent treatment. He was sick in his head. I’ve no idea why he does that. Why is he always trying to torture me? I’ve did nothing to him and no matter how many times I’ve try to think of an explainable and reasonable reason, I still can’t think of a good one.

Again. I was pulled out of my bed, slammed against the wall. The old ways.

 

However, this time, he had gone too far.

My eyes immediately widened at the sight of him pulling out his belt from his loose brown pants. I stepped back in fear, fearing of what he is going to do next.

He circled his leather belt in his right palm, staring dead into my watery eyes.

Before I tried to scream for help, hoping the neighbours would hear, I could feel a stingy pain at my left calf. The pain was tolerable though but still hurts like a . I could see brusies forming immediately. His strength was not to joke about. I try to ran out of the room, only to feel my pony tail being pulled. I stumbled onto the floor, weak and tired. He continuously slapping me with his torn belt, the stingy pain all over my body. All I could think about was being dead at that very moment.

“Because of you! Ever since you came, I’ve been losing money! I’ve been out of luck! You! Jinx! Don’t you ever think of running away, because I’ll find you and I’ll kill you." He bent down, grabbed my chin roughly to look up at him, "No wonder your parents abandoned you, because you’re a jinx. Sure you ruined them like how you ruined me, my luck!” he screamed, his voice filled with anger. Pure anger. It was different than how he talked to me previously.

This - was much more terrifying.

After he walked out of the room, I tried my best to pull myself up but my legs failed on me. I crawled to the corner of the cold and dark room. I bended my knees towards my chest and wrapped my hands around it. I lowered my head down and started sobbing. I’m going crazy.

I’m crazy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

KWON JI YONG IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!