Chapter 48

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 48: The Mission

 

I didn’t give myself a rest. I was all set up for the promising mission with my father. After last night conversation with Ji-Yong, nothing matters anymore.

I wasn’t sure of myself either. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do.

I’ve already found the location of her as I didn’t sleep a wink last night. Even if I wanted, I couldn’t. Sleep to me right now is just a waste of time. I mean, after this entire ing mission, I could just kill myself and die, and at least that’s my goal now.

I’ve nothing left to lose.

 

 

I was standing in front of the wooden house in the middle of the woods. Clearly, she’s smart to escape and live here. I seriously had a hard time searching for her but that didn’t affect me at all.

I hid myself behind a tree as I waited there to see any sight of her.

Two hours had gone, and the only person in my mind is still Ji-Yong.

 

“He never wanted to see me again.” I thought to myself as I shut my eyes immediately, preventing myself to think again.

 

It wasn’t until then I heard the door opened and a woman with a big belly walked out from the house. Her left hand were behind her back as another was in front, resting on the belly.

“.” I thought to myself.

 

Am I seriously going to do this? Am I nothing but a cold-blooded killer right now?

I raked my hair in frustration as I continue to watch her.

The sun had already set. I walked out from my hiding and head towards my bike as I drove back to the headquarters.

 

 

“She’s going to give birth soon, her stomach is quite big right now.” I said in a monotone to the man in front of me.

“Good job, Sandara. Continue and prove me your usefulness.” He said as he stood up from his desk and walked out of the room.

 

Being left alone in his empty cold room, I stood there blankly, asking myself again, “How did I end up like this again?”

I wanted to cry and I wanted to scream but I just stood there like a statue.

There was no more emotion left of me.

 

 

Two weeks have passed and I’ve been observing the woman every day. She gave birth three days ago and I was told that my mission have to start today.

I paced myself back and forth in my room, biting my fingernails as I smashed everything I see onto the floor.

“!” I screamed.

 

 

I was standing in front of wooden door, my hand was already in position to knock. One knock and there goes a life.

I swallowed hard and inhaled and exhaled deeply.

“Resign to your fate, Dara.” I mumbled to myself as I stood straight.

 

 

Three knocks.

There she was standing right in front of me, holding onto a beautiful baby boy.

“Sandara?” the woman whispered.

“Can I come in?” I said.

She looked around behind me before nodding and let me in.

 

As we were sitting opposite of each other, there was definitely an awkward silence.

“How did you found me?” she broke the silent, making me even more nervous. I could feel my hands trembled under the table.

I didn’t know how to answer her; everything I say will definitely let her know that it was entirely my father’s doings. I couldn’t even lie telling her I’ve been tracking her, because that’ll even lead me to more trouble.

“I’m sorry about Alex.” I said, that was the best I can do and speaking the truth, it does comes from the bottom of my heart. I looked up at her with frown on my face.

“Is that…”

“Yes. He’s Alex’s brother, Alexander.” She looked down at the baby on her arms and a beautiful warm smile crept on her face, “And the son of your father.”

I clenched my fists hard and fortunately, my hands were under the table therefore she couldn’t see anything.

Another silence again.

 

 

 

“You came here to kill me, didn’t you?” I immediately looked up at her. She was still playing with the baby and slowly, she looked up at me.

She smiled.

“Do it, Sandara. Take the baby and leave.” She said in a soft tone.

“What?” I said under my breath.

“Take Alexander and protect him for me.”

 

A tear rolled down my cheeks.

 

“Why is everybody doing this to me?!” I screamed as I stood up, grabbing my hair in confusion.

 

 

 

I turned back to look at her and pulled out a gun from behind.