Chapter 30

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 30: Outing

 

“Ah! I’m so excited!” Bom shouted.

Bom were hooking her arms around TOP’s arm and jumping about. I mean she’s the oldest among us girls but yet she acted like she’s the youngest. Minzy was here too. I’ve caught Dae Sung glancing at her for I’ve no idea how many times. I mean, they look really sweet together, but I guess Ji-Yong would have flipped if he know Dae Sung wanted to woo her, which I think I must talk to him about it soon. I’ve no idea why but maybe this is the way a protective brother acts.

On the other hand, CL and Seung Ri are still bickering with each other and they haven’t stopped. Seung Ri would randomly throw his arms around her shoulders and held her close to him but she would just elbowed him in his stomach. However, the funniest is the way he pouts at her. I mean, a gang member pouting just because of his girlfriend? I couldn’t imagine Ji-Yong doing it and I won’t.

Even though we’ve choose to walk instead of taking the car, everything is just too perfect. Ji-Yong’s fingers were interlocked with mine and I can feel my palms starting to sweat. I’ve  told him about it but he shrugged and ignored it. I love this moment and I want it to last forever.

As all of them were walking in front, fooling around, me and Ji-Yong were at the very back, making this moment last.

“Quit your job, Dara.” We were silently walking, hand was interlocked with hand, but he broke the silent – probably trying to make the situation less awkward though I didn’t find it awkward at all.

“Wae?” I asked him, looking up at him giving him a questioning look.

He looked down at me; it was that kind of stare that was fierce but at the same time, caring.

“I don’t want you to overwork yourself.” He said as I frowned, “And… you always come home… late.”

A smile crept up on my face.

“Are you implying that you miss me?” I hugged his arms, staring at him.

He coughed as he looked away.

“Are you!? Are you!?” He didn’t respond, but I know it’s, well, at least I concluded.

He looked down at me before pinching my nose. I wrinkled my nose and smiled at him.

“I love you, Ji-Yong.” I blurted. It was in my thoughts but my mouth just betrayed me, making me blushed on spot.

He stopped and stared at me. I let go of his arms, afraid that he’ll say otherwise.

Instead, he put his right hand at the back of my head and kissed my forehead gently.

I closed my eyes, wanting it to last.

“Ahem…” He pushed himself away from me. He was raking his hair and I was looking down on the ground – both in embarrassment and happiness.

“Seriously, this could be done at home.” Tae-Yang said.

Ji-Yong gave him a death glare as I giggled.

 

We’d lunch at a simple restaurant down the street. We’d ice cream too. We went to the mall and walked around. We did everything normal people would do. And being with the eight of them, it was basically more than I can ever imagine. After landed in the world of cruelty and violence, I’ve never imagine my life would involve having friends and love – because family to me now is just some foreign word.

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

“Okay! It’s 7pm sharp right now! Time for some own time! Couples, couples and for erm…”

“We get what you mean, Bom.” Tae-Yang said, interrupting Bom.

Bom gave an apologetic look. All she meant was spending time with TOP and wanting to give more time alone for me and Ji-Yong.

In the end, she went with TOP to the movie, CL and Seung Ri to the park, Dae Sung and Minzy to another mall and Tae-Yang meeting someone else at the club.

And me and Ji-Yong? We went to the beach. I didn’t ask for it, in fact, it was him.

 

“Can you imagine that I was right there, building sandcastles with Minzy?” Ji-Yong said as he pointed to a spot in front of us.

I didn’t respond, I just looked at him.

He was in deep thoughts before he continuing with his words.

“Appa and Omma will always bring us here whenever they are free.” He said before he chuckled, “It was always Minzy who wanted to come here; otherwise she’ll make a scene, which no one at home could bear with it.”

I giggled as he held onto my hand tight. I could stare at him all day. Even though the night was dark,  I could see him clearly. He eyes were dark and bright at the same time, his nose was sharp and tall, his mouth was… seductive. His jaw line made his face shape look even more perfect. I could go on for days, but I wanted to listen to his voice more.

“But I’ve never come here anymore after my parents’ death, until today…” he said as he looked at me.

Our eyes met each other and he caressed my cheeks.

“I want to be here with you, Dara. Now, the future, forever.”

I wanted to respond, but he lips was placed onto mine.

It was a minute of happiness before he wrapped me in his arms.

As my hair was dancing in the air, so were my thoughts.

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

“So about the job…” Ji-Yong wanted  to ask me about the job again. We were lying on his bed side by side.

“Okay.” I said immediately, knowing he’s asking me to quit again.

He pushed me away as I was leaning against his chest, looked at me with a confusing look.

“So you agree?” he said.

“Yeah, but you’re going to regret, because I’ll spend every last of your cents and… and I’ll stick with you 24/7 and…”

I wanted to go on, making him have second thoughts but his lips on mine backfired my plan.

“Didn’t you know that’s what I exactly want?” he whispered to me. Our faces were only one to two inches apart, making me breathless.

“What do you mean?” I looked down, doesn’t want him to see me blushed.

“You know what I exactly mean, baby girl.” He said before placing his lips on mine.

He did things that make me go into sanity that night, making me cried out in pleasure.  Today was more than perfect, and I wanted this day to go on forever.

But I know I couldn’t, it’s not time yet.

 

No, it’s never the time.