Chapter 23

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 23: On The Look Out

 

Days have passed since that day Ji-Yong confessed to me. We’ve been together secretly starting that day. Nobody knows. Stephanie doesn’t know. His friends don’t know. Minzy don’t know. Nobody does.

It’s fine with me though, because as long as I’m with him, I don’t see any reason going public. Moreover, he told me that with him being in a gang, telling people that we’re together will make me land in a pool of trouble. He couldn’t take that risks and I sure couldn’t too.

However, I still always get jealous whenever I see how Stephanie gets close to him; I know I shouldn’t think this way but I couldn’t help. Even though I pity her of how she go through those horrible days like me, I still can’t help it on how Ji-Yong treat her so nice too.

I’ve found a job few days ago at a café. Ji-Yong has been stopping me but I don’t want to rely on him too much. As usual, I always have to rush to work after school but my work always ends around 12am, which makes Ji-Yong mad as well. I really love it when I see him caring about me so much. And every time I went home and see him waiting for me on the couch, I couldn’t feel happier.

 

From: Ji-Yong

Are you on your way home?

To: Dara

 

To: Ji-Yong

Kekeke, yeah. I just left the café.

From: Dara

 

From: Ji-Yong

Be careful, alright? I miss you.

To: Dara

 

To: Ji-Yong

Aigoo, arasso! I miss you too!

From: Dara

 

I just ended work. I’m walking home while texting Ji-Yong. It was already midnight and there was no one on the street, maybe one or two I can see.

I don’t know if it’s me being paranoid or is it seriously someone is following me. I’ve felt unusual presence for the past few days and I’ve never told Ji-Yong about it. I don’t want to make him worries after Stephanie came.

I snapped back head to the back after hearing something. There was no one.

I walked as fast as possible to the bus stop. Just right on time, the bus came. I boarded immediately, still watching out for the presence of the unknown person. It wasn’t until I reached that gate of the mansion that someone called out for me.

I turned around, standing there trying to calm myself. I then saw someone, behind the tree.

“Who are you!?” I shouted, wanting him to show his face.

I was expecting the person reply but he just walked away and hop onto a car that has stopped. I stood there trying to register whatever just happened.

 

“Oh hey.” I said as I saw TOP at the main hall.

“Hey.” He said as he gives me a faint smile.

“Why are you still here at this timing?” I asked.

“Bom. She’s out with CL. I’m just waiting for her.”

“Oh.” I smile to him, “I’m going up now then.”

I was at the elevator going up until he said something.

“Who are you walking to outside the mansion?”

I immediately turned to him, not knowing what to say.

“How…” I stopped my word, giving him a questioning look.

“I just came down; wanting to see if they’re home but I saw you instead.” He looked at me, “Dara, be careful, I’ve been noticing what’s going on between you and Ji-Yong. Tae-Yang knows it too. We won’t tell anyone, not even Bom, but still you’ve to be careful.”

I smiled too him as the elevator reached the ground level. I stepped him, trying to recall everything he said. I don’t want Ji-Yong to know, and I know the danger that will come being with him, but it doesn’t matter.

As I reached Ji-Yong’s apartment, I didn’t see him in the living room this time.

Maybe he’s in his room.” I thought to myself.

 

“When?” I heard someone talking on the phone.

I walked over silently, blaming myself for eavesdropping but I couldn’t help it.

“Okay, I’ll deal with it tomorrow.”

 

“Stephanie…” I opened the door slightly. She stunned, quickly hanged up her phone.

“What do you think you’re doing?” she shouted.

“Who are you talking to?”

“Did you eavesdrop?” she frowned, raising her voice a little.

“No, I could hear you from outside.” I wasn’t lying but probably can count that as eavesdropping.

She looked at me, still having that frowned on her face.

“Where’s Ji-Yong?” I asked.

“He’s out for some mission with Tae-Yang and Seung-Ri.” She replied.

I nodded. “Okay, have an early night.”

I walked out of her room. I didn’t feel right at all. Something is going on.

“Oh, Dara!” I turned back to her as she called out for me,.

“Neh?”

“Can you come with me to somewhere tomorrow?”

I frowned, “Where?”

“I need to buy something and Ji-Yong is probably tired after today mission so I don’t want to bother him.”

“Why… do you need me to accompany you?” I gave her a questioning look.

“Erm, because I don’t like to go shopping alone. By any chance, you’re free right?” She said as she smiled to me.

“Yeah, I don’t have work tomorrow.”

“Great!” she said as she went back into her room.

 

I didn’t get it. I didn’t get her.

And I’ll play with her if that’s what she wants.