Chapter 2

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 2: My Story Part II

 

I was 15 when I lost my brother, Alex. I was 16 when I was given away to someone by my own parents. I was suffering with depression and I wanted to kill myself.

Every night, the fear and sadness invade me. I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t live anymore. I wanted to die. I wanted to get out. I wanted to be free.

-FLASHBACK-

“This is your home, and the room at the corner will be where you’ll be sleeping from now on and don’t you dare think of escaping. From now on, you’ll work for me and if you dare disobey me, you’ll get it, you hear me?” the complete stranger that I’ve been in the same car with for the past one and a half hour looked down at me.

His eyes were as cold as ice. I couldn’t understand why I wasn’t afraid of him. I stared back at him, refusing to speak.

“I’m asking you a question, and you better answer me or I’ll make sure I’ll rip your tongue off!” He shouted. His eyes were still looking into mine, full of anger.

I nodded. I don’t want to speak, or at least not yet. I’ve stopped talking since I learnt about my brother’s death. Nobody wanted to tell me how or who. Nobody even wanted to speak to me.

“Now go away, when I need you, I’ll call for you again and you’ll get in sight of me immediately.” He looked at me for the last time before walking towards to a woman.

The woman was looking at me. Her eyes were different. It was soft. She reminds me of my mother. She looked at me, in a funny way, as if I was a puzzle.

I couldn’t figure her either, but I know she was scared.

I walked down the hallway, it was dark and empty. The walls were painted grey. There was nothing hanging on the wall. It was completely neat and clean. I reached the room at the corner of the apartment. I turned the knob and walked in. The unfamiliar scent and environment, I wanted to cry.

I looked up at the ceilings before any tears could fell. After calming myself down, I looked around again. I closed the door, placed my bag beside the bed that was neatly done. The sheets was grey, the blanket and pillow’s sheets were grey as well. I can conclude that the man like grey, or probably it was the woman that was sticking around with him ever since he came to take me.

I looked around and all I noticed was a bed, a rack, a fan, a desk and a chair - nothing else. The apartment was small, the room was even smaller. I couldn’t get used to it since my previous bedroom was thrice the size of this. Then I think again, I couldn’t complaint. I’m no longer Sandara Park.

 

* Flashback continue on next chapter.