Chapter 67

Two-Faced: Annyeonghaseyo Yeobo

 

Chapter 67

 

The old night air grazed Key’s damped tender cheeks, as his body bobbed in pain, forcing himself to move forward. He continued to walk as if feeling nothing in the outside, even though his mind screamed for attention and help. His thoughts numbed out the pain that washed over him.

 

Key knew he was hurting physically, but that didn’t stop him from giving up. The pain that hurt him mentally was much stronger than he had expected. Was it not enough to be weak? Physically drained from all the chaos that happened tonight. He could care less about the accident.

 

Key’s tears continued to fall. As each droplets splashed onto the pavement, his mind traveled off venturing to the land of what ifs.

 

~What if I was in love with Jonghyun?~

 

The thought of Jonghyun hurt him the most, Key was angry with himself for reacting the way he had towards him. He felt like he had betrayed the most important person in the world. He didn’t want to lose Jong again, and knowing that he might be gaining feelings to some Casanova, made him mourn distressfully to the fact that, he might not have Jong.

 

Screeching wheels veered into the latters direction, as gleaming lights shined bright at Key. He looked up, squinting his eyes from the awful lights. A figure exited the car as its lights dispersed.

 

The tall familiar figure stood for a moment staring at Key, who continued to sob. From the look of key’s eyes, the male knew he yearned for comfort.

 

Key’s sobbing aggressively grew while Dongwoon walked to him. Dongwoon stared directly into his eyes, which angered Key inside. Knowing that he was always the cause of Dongwoon’s worries and problems. He hated himself once again for bringing his problems to Dongwoon. Why couldn’t he be strong like a man, and stand up for himself? Men didn’t cry, nor do they need anyone to help them with their personal issues.

 

Dongwoon stopped in front of Key, slightly looking down at the hunched, sobbing Key, so continuously sobbed. He wrapped his arms around Key’s neck, pulling him into a hug. Key quickly embraced the idea, placing his head on Dongwoon’s chest, and letting everything out. His body became weak and began to shake as his legs gave in. It wasn’t to long till his drained body gave in and fell limped, unconscious in Dongwoon’s arms.

----------

“Does it hurt?” Dongwoon asked, rubbing the anti-bacterial alcohol wipes onto the cuts on key’s arm.

“It’s alright, it doesn’t hurt.” Key replied, controlling his urge to scream from the stinging pain of alcohol.

 

“Does it really not hurt?”

 

“No.”

 

“How could it not hurt?!” Dongwoon voice rose with anger, while his gripped tightened around Key’s bruised wrist.

 

Key stared into Dongwoon’s eyes, trying to read his emotions, but there were nothing. “What’s wrong?”

 

“I called you,” he began softly. “And your voice sounded so nervous… and when I called again it didn’t go through.” Dongwoon’s eyes gleamed with anger as he continued to express them. “Do you know how worried and scared I was?!”

 

“Dongwoon…~”

 

“I quickly drove out to find you and I couldn’t find you anywhere.” Key sat in silence, not wanting to interrupt any further, knowing how angry Dongwoon could get. “This is the first time, I’ve ever felt so afraid!” he continued, dramatically placing his hand over his chest.

 

“I was afraid something had happened to you, afraid that I wouldn’t see you again!... Afraid that I’d lose you!” Dongwoon’s body began to shake. Key noticing his eyes watering as he spoke with anger. He’d never seen Dongwoon’s voice and body shake with anger before.

 

“Dongwoon, I’m fine.” Key replied grabbing a hold of Dongwoon’s arm to calm him down. “Aren’t I here in front of you right now?... That’s the past, I’m fine now.” Key spoke with a brighter tone, trying to ease the tension in the room.

 

Dongwoon ignored making eye contact with the latter. Key made it seem as if what he had seen was three years ago, but it wasn’t. Key kissing Jonghyun in front of him was not three years ago. Watching the guy he loved wrapped his arms around his Casanova boss was not three years ago.

 

“Is it all in the past?” Dongwoon questioned, slowly shaking his head in disagreement. His eyes burned with tears, as he shook his head forcing them not to spill.

 

“Can you stop letting me worry about you?”

 

“Stop worrying about me,” Key continued to speak in a brighter tone. “Look, I’m so good at Judo, I can protect myself just fine.”

Dongwoon shook his head as a response, “I am worried about you.” He felt his anger rose up, eyes stinging from the sudden urge.

 

“I worry that you’ll be in danger, I worry that you’ll be unhappy, I worry that you’ll never forget about Kim Jong!” Dongwoon finished his sentence off with a loud angry crackle. His face flustered red, body and hands shaking from the adrenaline rush that ran through him as he spoke with force.

 

Key’s smile dropped slowly, turning his cheek to the left, ignoring the thin tension that filled the air. “I…” He started voice shaking, “I can’t forget about Jong.”

 

Dongwoon nodded his head distressfully, eyes closing to redeem his anger. “If you can’t forget about Jong, then why are you attracted to Jonghyun who looks like Jong?”

 

“Why is it that when he kisses you, or hugs you, you won’t push him away!” he continued to scream with anger. He couldn’t bare the thought of Key falling for Jonghyun. “Why Key?! Why?!”

 

Dongwoon shook his head un-focusing himself from the anger that he built up over the conversation. He couldn’t understand why Key would allow himself to feel the way he does or act the way he does towards Jonghyun. Dongwoon fought his own inner battles, fighting over whether his reactions about the situation was just anger of Key’s choice, or jealousy.

 

“Dongwoon… You saw everything?”

 

“Not only did I see, I also didn’t make a sound. I was trying to escape… I was escaping more than you are…~”

 

“I’m sorry ~”

 

“Don’t apologize to me…” Dongwoon paused, shaking his head trying to force his tears back, but failed. His eyes stung red as the tears escaped into cascading flows. “I don’t want to hear you apologize… I just want you to forget about Kim Jong.”

 

“Key, I beg of you…Please.”

 

Key sat silently watching his best friend break down in tears because of him. ~ He’d never seen Dongwoon cry or let alone angry as he was. This is a new side of him that I’ve never gotten to see. He always hid behind a wall that didn’t fall or crumble into pieces for anyone. I’ve hurt his heart… Dongwoon loves me so much… I can’t keep doing this… I need to forget about Jong… I need to stop thinking about Jonghyun.”

 

----------

“Jonghyun! You’re home!” Juri screeched out as she ran towards her beloved brother.

 

Jonghyun stood silently in front of his older sister, not caring to listen as she babbled on. His shoulders hunched down, and eyes portrayed a dead soul. No sign of interest or excitement filled the eyes of Jonghyun like it used too.

 

“Jinki was telling me that you’ve gone on vacation again. And it was with another girl, right?” Juri waited for an answer, but received a nothing but a nod.

 

“That’s great! As long as you’re not going after that boy Kim Kibum… We can discuss about any other person, besides him.”

 

“I don’t like anyone else.” Jonghyun nonchalantly replied, raising his head to look at his sister. Who’s face and tone seemed to have dropped from his answer. “I only want to be with Key.”

 

Juri’s heart began to worry, as he frantically searched around nervously thinking of something to say. Her eyes fell on another latter, who sat comfortably on the sofa, reading his usual GQ magazines. “Yah! Onew, put some sense into your dongseng and tell him Kibum is an awful decision!”

 

Jinki took a quick glance at the situation, before returning to his magazine, ignoring his older sisters demands.

 

“Yah!”

 

“Noona, if Jonghyun likes Kibum so much, just let him be.”

 

“What are you saying?” Juri blew up, “I wanted you to convince him and now you’re speaking on his behalf?... Shoo, go away, I’ll do it myself!”

 

Jinki didn’t move a muscle as he shrugged off his sisters request and continued to read his multi scented magazine.

 

“Jonghyun! I don’t understand… what’s so good about that Kibum? He’s not even handsome, and he’s not a girl! His tempers horrible and he hits you like it’s legal!”

 

“It is legal.” Jinki remarked, raising his pointer up to make his point.

 

“You deserve better… without her would you die?!”

 

“Yes.” Jonghyun answered quickly, giving no second thought about his choice of words. Key is his life, he was the reason he loved college, why he continued to stay even if he was treated like trash.  “I will die.”

 

Juri’s face fell into shock. “Do you know what just happened?” he asked his older sister. Jinki looked up from his magazine noticing the change of emotion in the households’ atmosphere. “I thought he died.”

 

Juri let out a silent gasp, as he spoke. “If he died, I don’t want to live either.”

 

“What did you say?!” Juri snapped, eyes furrowing with fury. “How dare you say you don’t want to continue to live because of some boy?!”

 

Jonghyun gave no sign of cowering or changing what he had said. He loved Key, and if had to live in a world where the person he loves disappears again or dies, he has no reason to stay in the world. The meaning of his life is gone.

 

“I put so much effort in raising you, and now, for some other person, you don’t want to live anymore?”

 

“Jonghyun, you weren’t actually going to pursue him.” Jinki began, noticing how intense the situation has escalated. “Now you’re all matters of life and death over him… That’s really strange.”

 

Jonghyun gave no reply, except for a sigh. “You… Just a couple of days ago, you said you can be without anyone except for Noona,” Juri stated, beginning to tear as she spoke of how hurt she feels. “Was that only worth a couple of days? And for Kim Kibum you don’t want to live?!”

 

“Stop annoying me!” Jonghyun spat at her, sending daggers of glares at his older sister, whose tears continued to fall from her cheeks. “I’m already annoyed to death.” Jonghyun walked away, to his room, ignoring the astonishing stares from his two siblings.

 

“That Key!” Juri screamed, “What kind of poison has he given Jonghyun?!”

 

“Maybe, this is fate,” Jinki tried to insist. Hoping Juri’s anger would lessen.

 

“I can’t let that ratchet Kibum have his way with Jonghyun, I won’t allow it!”

 

Jonghyun sat silently in his room, to lazy to undress as he continued to lie onto his bed. Running his hands through his hair frustratingly ruining it’s nicely shaped form. “What’s wrong with me?” he asked out loud, shaking his head vigorously.

 

~If it weren’t for Hyung’s reminder, I’d have almost forgotten that I was originally taking revenge on Key… I’m so weak, I almost exposed myself in front of Key… Jonghyun, clear up your mind, you’re not trying to love him, you’re taking vengeance on him… taking Revenge.~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know what everyone is going to say... "I can't stand it! make them tell the truth! They're both so dumb expecially Jonghyun!... If you're not going to make them get back I'm going to unsubscribe!"

I hope it doesn't come down to that last part of the made up comment, but if you must go right ahead. I really as sorry for delaying and taking a long time to make them get back together, I'm just following the plot of the drama, and it gets really intense.. I honestly love angst, and i kinda dislike it when they get back so quickly, there's just something about the tension between two lovers that hate each other and not get back so quickly, it's so LOL... anyway!! HAPPY THANKS GIVING!!!!!! I'm so thankful to have readers, commenters, and susbcribers like you all! Everyone is lucky to have you guys here on AsianFanfics! <3 I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, which is kinda boring but oo wells i really did not know what to put haha... Tomorrow is black firday and I work -__- So imma crash! Goodnight!