Chapter Forty Two

Two-Faced: Annyeonghaseyo Yeobo

 

----------Jonghyun’s POV----------

 

I made a final turn into Key’s drive way, stopping right in front of Key’s house. My body became weak, and so did my breathing. I bowed my body forward supporting myself with the side of the house. I didn’t stop running, never taking a single break. All I wanted was the truth, and the determination of me hearing it, was like my breath of air, giving me more energy to run.

 

After regaining my breath and posture, I walked up to the door, and immediately slammed my fist onto the wooden doors. Creating booming sounds and echos through out the whole house. The door hadn’t opened after a few seconds, so I banged on it harder. Yes, I was very impatient.

 

I slightly jumped backwards as the door cracked open. It was an old looking lady, which I assumed to be Key’s Umma. “Ms. Kim!” I started, frantically looking for words to say, and what I’m exactly going to say. “Is Key home?”

 

She stared at me disgustingly, and crossed her arms. “Didn’t I tell you he went to Europe?” She sassed, rolling her eyes at me, and came back with a glare. I could feel a bad aura coming from her, this negative energy.

 

“Key wouldn’t just leave without saying anything...Ms. Kim please Let me see him!” I pleaded.

 

She let out a small scoff, and smirked. “He’s really not home, if you don’t believe me, you can call him yourself! See if he’ll come out to see you.” Irritation and anger was visible on her face, as she moved aside, leaving room for me to walk pass her and into the house to look for Key. I didn’t waste any time, and ran inside quickly as I could.

 

My eyes searched frantically around the house as I called out Key’s name. The bottom floor was empty, and not a single soul was in the kitchen, living room, nor the rooms. I quickly ran to the stairs, and stopped at the bottom step calling out Key’s name again and again. “KEY!” Thinking he could be in his room, I ran up the stairs and opened the door leading to Key’s room. To my shock, it was empty. The bed was made properly, without any crisis or dents marking that someone was on it. There was no sign of Key.

 

I felt my heart quicken its pace, from the truth I was not prepared to hear. My heart banged on my chest, forcing it’s way out. “KEY!!!” I yelled out loud in his room, hoping he was just hiding, but not a single sound was heard.

 

Key’s Umma had a smirk on her face, once I got back to the front door, were she stood, same posture and attitude that I let her with. She shook her head in disappointment. “Are you done?” she asked impatiently.

 

“KEY! If you hear me please come out!!” I called again from my spot. Hoping for the last time.

 

“Enough already!” 

 

“Ms. Kim, please...Do you know how I can contact Key in Europe?” I asked her. Hoping she’ll give me my last resource in finding Key. “Please tell me.” I begged, like a beggar from the streets. “I have something very important to tell him.”

 

“Have you ever thought about why Kibum never said anything and left you?...Because he doesn’t have anything to do with you anymore!” She spat at me. “To him you are just a college classmate to pass the time with, easy to order around...Now that you’re graduated. There’s no need to keep in contact...What he really needs is a rich person to marry...Someone that can give him prosperous life.”

 

“I can give him a prosperous life!” I tried persuading her. Only if she knew what I owned, how I lived my life at home, and how much money I had. She wouldn’t be acting like a , the way she is now! Is this one of the reasons why Key didn’t want me to meet his Umma?

 

She mocked me, making crying noises and rubbing her clenched fist to her eyes like a little baby would do when they’re crying. “I’m always afraid to hear of you poor people saying things like that...The stuff about having a prosperous spirit!” She mocked again.

 

“I don’t believe that Key would do this...He didn’t even come to graduation...Unless I see Key and hear him say it personally.” I demanded, standing my ground.

 

She stared at me like I was stupid, shaking her head as a response, and pushed herself off the wall she leaned on. “All right, you don’t believe me?..Let me get something for you to look at.” She gracefully walked over to the counter near the hanged mirror. She smiled, grabbing hold of a pink notebook.

 

“Here! Read!” She demanded, shoving the book to my chest when she got closer. 

 

I stared at the book for a while. It had a the scent of Key, and the hand writing was his:

 

 

 

‘Umma, I know you;re doing this for my own good...That penniless Kim Jong really isn’t worth wasting my time on...I will break up with Jong...Meet the person you’ve made arrangements with...Tonight I have something to do, don’t wait for me.- Kibum.’

 

 

 

My heart dropped, as I read the letter. My heart ached from the sight of it. My body felt weak, and soar like it had just been run over by a car. This couldn’t be true, but sadly it was. Key planned to break up with me on his birthday, the special day where I was going to propose to him. The day I thought would change my life and make me the happiest person in the world. Tears ran down my face, as I reread the notes again, hoping that everything I read in the beginning was all fake. Few drops of tears fell onto the Key scented notebook. This was not the reality I wanted, how can Key do such a thing to me? I thought he loved me, but all this time he was just using me! Playing me like his own pawn! Ordering me around like a slave, just for fun while he awaits for a rich Person to marry him. My hand raised over my chest, clenching a patch of shirt, over my hurting heart. Key why?!

 

“You can give it back now...He’s currently in Europe, ready to get married...Our family is also planning to more there..So stop bothering Kibum.” She said yanking the book away from me, and pushed me outside. Key’s Umma slammed the door on my face. I stood there silent, frozen, and devastated like I’ve never been before. The tears continued to pour heavy rain down my cheeks, and onto the pavement floor.

 

I sobbed while walking down the drive way, stopping near boxes of Key’s old things. By the looked of it, Key cleaned up his room and threw most of his things away. I froze, tensing up the moment I seen it. A pink Dinosaur doll lay on the dirty pavement, near boxes of old things. Key was throwing away the doll I gave him on our second year anniversary. Clearly he didn’t care about it, the doll was so dirty and untaken care of. More tears ran down my cheeks as Key’s voice replayed in my head:

 

 

‘But if one day, I throw it away...Then you’ll have to prepare yourself...It means...I don’t want you Either!’

 

 

My fist clenched tightly on my side once a shot of pain ran through my body. There is no other worst feeling that’s compared to this. Losing the person you loved the most, it leaves a giant hole in your heart. The thought of Key not wanting me, and throwing the doll away just hurts. I gaze the doll one last glimpse, before running off to who knows where...I didn’t care where I was going, just somewhere far.

 

--------------------

 

The sky was beginning to get dark. I found myself running towards the bridge where I was supposed to meet Key for his birthday. This place gave me the chills, and just the sight of it gives me a jabbing punch to my heart and guts. To make things worse, it was raining like there was no tomorrow, soaked from head to toe leaving no dry spots. Again the rain read my feelings and cried along with me, hiding the my tears.

 

Words from both Key and Sekyung played in my head, drumming it’s way around my brain:

 

‘If you were rich, I wouldn’t have to have it arranged! - Key’

 

‘The Kibum that you’ve been dating is a rich-favoring, poor-degrading, and snobby boy - Sekyung’

 

‘Because I can only date rich guys! - Key’

 

‘You loved the wrong Person! - Skeyung’

 

‘I do love rich guys? And what?! - Key’

 

Sekyung was right all along, Key only loved rich guys! A poor guy like Jong wouldn’t have a chance with him. He was only playing with my heart this whole time, leading me on just for his pleasure. Why am I being punished?! What have I ever done to deserve this?! I regret coming to college, and meeting Key. Only if I listened to everyones warnings, and never spoke to Key first. Why must I be so stupid to still want to be his friend after everything he’s done to me?

 

My hand unclenched, and a ring glistened it’s way through my palms. I stared at the ring painfully, as it reminded me of the great times Key and I had together. The reasons why I wanted to propose to him in the first place. He made me so happy, I wanted to be together forever! It hurts just thinking of the happy moments.

 

‘I’ve never thought that these three years of sweet memories, would be so painful now. So being in love, causes so much grief in a person...If it’s that way, then I never want to be in a serious relationship again...Never again!..’

 

I tightened my grip around the ring, abruptly standing up. The ring gives me to much memories, and I don’t need these memories of Key to haunt me forever. My hands pulled back, and swiftly flung itself forward, throwing the Key out into the near by tree by the lake. I didn’t see the ring land in the lake, it must have landed on dry land. As long as I don’t see that ring again, I’m good.

 

‘Hate him, love him, do as you wish, but the scars were settled and there is no getting rid of them. Love him or not, he could never love me the way I should be loved, and the way I loved him.’

 

 

“A hand you can never hold. 

From now on, an anonymous friend.

In fact, my stubbornness is still stubborn.

But I’ve decided to never contact you again.

A hand you can never hold.

But lasting longer that a lover.

But all these what-ifs.

There were no ifs.

Only losing what you had.

Is everlasting.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aloha! Sorry for the small, horrible and sad update! But I have good news, i guess....The story doesn't end here...Part two will come start on the next update, so basically part one is over xD LOl so yeah xD Sorry! 

What do you guys think will happen to Key and Jonghyun?! Will they meet again or are they going to stay seperated forever and meet new people in their lives? (I think my questions are stupid...LOL off course they're going to meet again, that's the point of a happy ending >.<)

Mahalos for reading!!!! Thank you to all the new readers and silent readers! Thankyou for reading! and Thankyou to my awesome subscribers <3! Please Subscribed if you haven't susbcribed yet and recomend the fic to your friends ^^ thank you again! See you on the next update ^_~

 

Pictures!!!

 

 

Don't you love the touching ^-^
 
Thank you again! Please Subscribe!