Chapter Four

Two-Faced: Annyeonghaseyo Yeobo

 

------------------------------------------Jonghyun POV-----------------------------------------

 

I walked up stairs, into the room I woke up in earlier. My clothes were nicely folded on the table near the bed. I slipped into his black and white stripped polo, tucking it into my white jumper shorts, putting on my glasses, and polka dotted bow tie. I stared at my reflection at the mirror for the last time before walking out the room and down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen to see if Key was still inside, but no one was there. There was another entrance to the right of the stairs, that led to the living room, and the front door. Walking towards the door, I see Key sitting on his coach, looking out the window. He had on the same thinking face, as the time I seen him at the lake. ‘I wonder what he’s thinking about.’ I thought, stopping near the coach where Key sat.

 

“Where’s your family?” I asked mindlessly.

 

“What’s it to you?” he said coldly, still staring out the window.

 

“Is it wrong to ask questions?” I retorted.

 

“Ani, You just ask to much questions,” Key said calmly, turning around to face me. He cocked his head to the right, towards a nicely crafted chair. ‘I’m guessing he wants me to sit with him?’ I thought, before sitting down.

 

“My turn to ask questions,” He said, as he picked up an ‘Elle Girl’ Magazine. “That night, why were you nearby the alley?” he asked still looking at the magazine.

 

“I went to the dance club thing,” I replied, leaning back to get comfortable.

 

“You like to dance?”

 

“Not really.” I said unsure, before continuing, “I’d prefer to sing then to dance.”

 

“Then why’d you go to the dance club?” Key asked looking up, from his magazine giving me a ‘You’re stupid’ look.

 

“Well, cause...” I rubbed my temple, as I thought for another reason other then I wanting to see sekyung, and I had to get my mind off of things. 

 

“Tell the truth!” Key spat out.

 

“I wanted to see Sekyung?” I said hoping she wouldn’t ask for the other reason.

 

“You like her don’t you?”

 

I laughed a little at the question before answering, “Ani, I just think she’s pretty.”

 

“So, you didn’t go to dance?” He asked confusedly.

 

“Ani.”

 

“Let’s go,” Key said, standing up, as he grabbed my hands pulling me up along with him.

 

“Where too?” I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

 

“AISH! You talk to much, just come with me.” He replied pulling me, as he walked over to grab his keys and wallet.

 

“But, I thought you wanted me to leave?” I asked confusedly.

 

“I change my mind, just come!” He said as he pulled me out of the house.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Key and I walked towards town in silence. ‘This place looks familiar’ I thought, it was the same dance club I attended the night of the incident. “What are we doing here?”

 

“To have fun, what else.” Key said rolling his eyes.

 

‘To have fun? This place isn’t fun at all!’ I thought as we entered the dance club. The music wasn’t as loud as it was the other time, but you can still feel the vibrations from your feet and from the wall. 

 

“Whiskey,” I heard Key say to the bartender, before asking me “What do you want?”

 

I am not a big fan of Alcohol, but it doesn’t mean I don’t drink it. I barely drink alcohol, only when Juri noona thinks it’s okay to drink, or when she brings some home for Onew hyung and I.

 

“Can I get Milk?” I asked.

 

Key stared at me like I was an idiot, and answered “Pabo!!...You’re supposed to drink alcohol here!” he giggled and continued, “There’s nothing hard about drinking, it’s like water.” 

 

“Watch,” Key said as he took the glass filled with whiskey, and chugged it down. I stood frozen watching Key gracefully yet manly swallow the last drop of whiskey. He shifted his body to face me, and handed me a half filled cup of whiskey. 

 

“You know, drinking can make you forget lots of things,” he said as I took the cup.

 

“What kind of things?” furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

 

Key chugged down another cup of whiskey before answering, “Unhappy things, things you want to forget about and not remember.”

 

I watched Key confusedly as he asked the bartender for another cup of whiskey. ‘I wonder what he needs to forget so much, he turns to alcohol for forget it?’ I thought.

 

Before Key could grab hold of the freshly poured whiskey, I snatched it away and placed both the cups on the side. “What unhappy things do you want to forget?” I asked worriedly.

 

“None of your business!” he spat out, snatching the whiskey and chugging it down once more.

 

Key and I sat down in silence, as I watch him drink glasses after glasses of whiskey. He still looked fine after his sixth cup. ‘How can someone that skinny consume so much alcohol?’ I thought. I wonder if his tolerance for alcohol is high, which probably means he drinks a lot. That’s probably the reason why he isn’t drunk yet. Key must want to forget a lot of things, he’s drinking way to much. 

 

Watching Key drink glass after glass, I felt numb. I didn’t know what was going on in his head, but I could feel the pain just by staring into his eyes. The feeling of loneliness,   isolation, and fear.

 

After Key’s tenth shot, he was acting a little drunk, singing now and then, and having little conversations with himself. That moment I knew he had enough. Before Key could order another glass, I dragged him out of the dance club, hoping he won’t retaliate. Reluctantly Key did not retaliate, but instead he broke out of my grip and sloppily walked himself out of the club. Key bumped into people and tables as we left the club.

 

“JONG! Jong! DINO DORK!” Key shouted a couple of times before dropping to the floor laughing out loud.

 

“YAH!! Why are you laughing?” I say helping up the fallen Key.

 

“I’m not just laughing!” He giggled before continuing, “I’m laughing really Hard!” he laughed hysterically. Key continued to laugh, which got softer, he let out a soft whimper, but loud enough so I could hear it. He continued to laugh, which confused me. It wasn’t a happy laugh, it was one of those “let everything out” kind of laugh. ‘Why is it so hard for him to open up?’ I felt my heart break as I watch Key laugh as whimpers escape.

 

“If you want to cry, you don’t have to laugh,” I said caringly, trying to assure him that there was nothing wrong about letting it out, because sometimes the only way to get over things is to cry. To get all the bad feelings out of your chest, and most of the time, that’s the only remedy.

 

“HOW DARE YOU WORRY ABOUT ME!” Key spat out, spinning around facing me. The soft whimpers now grew louder and heavier. Tears streamed down his flawless cheeks. I stared into his watering eyes, and felt pain and loneliness. 

 

“NO ONE WORRIES ABOUT ME!” he screamed grabbing his hair and tugging on it, pulling it down so his bangs covered his face. “No one ever does.” Key continuously cried. 

 

“No one cares about me... No one,” he repeated after every whimper and tear he shed.

 

Not knowing what to do I watched Key in silence as he cried pouring out all the unshed tears. Key was breathing very heavily, and fast. It sure sounded as if he was having a hard time breathing. 

 

The heavy breathing and sobs vanished as Key out of consciousness. He lied on the floor motionless.

 

I picked up Key in a bridal style. He positioned his head on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my neck, as I carried him home.

 

“Dino,” Key murmured.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Are you still going to worry about me?” he asked in his sleep.

 

“Mmmhmmm.” I said slightly bowing my head.

 

“Say you will...” My eyes widened in shock, hearing the words come out of Key. A smile grew on my face. I was glad he wanted me to care and worry about him, it felt like he was breaking down his own wall, and letting me in, even though he was just “sleep” talking.

 

“I will,” I replied smirking, walking towards Key’s house.

 

‘When Key sleeps, his voice is different, it’s nice to see another side of Key. Not the Diva Queen he always is when he’s awake.’

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Key, we’re here,” I said softly, trying not to anger the sleeping Diva. I placed him on his feet, carefully watching incase he fell over. 

 

“Kamsahamnida Jong,” he said, trying to balance himself. “I’ll see you tomorrow in class, arasso?”

 

“Yeah, No problem.”

 

Key gave a small smile before walking to the door. I turned around and took a few steps before turning around, “Key?”

 

“N-Neh?” Key stuttered as he faced Jonghyun.

 

“Goodnight,” I said bowing my head.

 

Key giggled before answering, “Dino Dork, get going.” I watched as he turned back around opening the front door and closing it behind him, as he entered.

 

--------------------------------------------Key’s POV--------------------------------------------

 

I walked inside, closing the door ever so softly, trying to avoid attention. “KEY! Is that you?” a voice called out from the kitchen.

 

I ran up the stairs, and entered my room, slamming the door behind me. I could hear footsteps making their up the stairs. “KEY!” Umma yelled shaking the locked door knob. ‘I am so dead’ I thought as Umma barged into my room, with keys in her hands.

 

“KEY! Where have you been?” She screamed. “Have you been drinking?”

 

‘How does she know?... The smell of alcohol must have filled the room.’ I thought, as I covered my head with the blanket, avoiding Umma’s constant bickering.

 

*ring*ring*

 

“Yoboseyo?” Umma answered the phone. “Key is drunk!”

 

It’s probably Appa calling. He didn’t visit as much after Umma and him got divorced. He left me in her care, and only called a couple of times. My parents and I don’t have a great relationship with each other, it’s always constant arguing. I try avoiding them as much as possible.

 

“You think that I wanted her to drink?” she screamed in the phone. “WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THAT ABOUT ME?!.. You never come to visit! You don’t care about your son...”  She pause listening to Appa’s answer before continuing, “If you’ve got the abilities, then you take care of him!”

 

Even though I didn’t care about them, I hated hearing them argue. They are still my parents.

 

“STOP ARGUING!!!” I shouted sitting up, glaring at Umma. “If you want to argue, then don’t do it in my room!!!” I spat out fuming with anger.

 

Umma slammed the door behind her when she exited. I tried my best not to cry again, but I couldn’t help it. The tears escaped, as I covered my face with a pillow, screaming into it. Crying myself to sleep.

 

------------------------------------------Third POV----------------------------------------------

 

“Kim Kibum!” The teacher screeched, to the sleeping Key. “Kibum!”

 

Jonghyun leaned over his table tapping Key on the shoulder to wake him up. Luckily Key did wake up, rubbing his eyes to get a better vision, he looked lost. He looked around to see what was going on, before turning around to face Jonghyun. Jonghyun cocked his head towards Mr. Choi, who’s eyes seem to have never left Key.

 

“Neh?” Key said turning around to face Mr. Choi.

 

“Wake up and read for the class in English!” he demanded.

 

“I don’t feel well,” Key whined.

 

“Is that so?.. Arasso,” Mr. Choi gave up easily. Jonghyun concluded by Mr. Choi’s action that the students weren’t the only ones who’s scared of Key. ‘Aish, why are they all so intimidated by him, he’s honestly not that scary.’ Jonghyun thought to himself.

 

“Jong!” the teacher yelled out, now staring at Jonghyun.

 

“Neh?” He asked confused.

 

“Get up and read!” 

 

Not wanting to get in trouble, Jonghyun stood up trembling in nervousness. Taemin and Minho stared at Jonghyun nervously as he raised the book up to his face and started to read.

 

“Ri...” he squeaked out loud. “Ri... Right now.”

 

The whole class bursted out laughing as Jonghyun said those two simple English words. He didn’t now how to speak English at all, this was his first time. Jonghyun’s face flushed tainting his cheeks red, as his classmates laugh at his English.

 

Taemin dug his face into his palms, feeling the embarrassment that Jonghyun was going through. Minho joined Taemin as he placed his forehead onto Taemins shoulders.

 

Key watched tentatively as his classmates laughed at the poor Jonghyun. He fumed with anger as the laughter had not subsided. 

 

“If you laugh again, I won’t think twice about beating you up!” Key roared as he stood up abruptly, glaring at each and every one of his classmates. 

 

The laughter subsided, as they stared into Key’s intimidating feline eyes. Taemin and Minho looked up from their hiding position, shocked at their classmates sudden silence. 

 

‘Why the sudden outburst? It sounds like Key cares.’ Jonghyun thought, shocked by Key’s actions.

 

The bell rang as everyone quickly packed their books, and bolted out the door avoiding making eye contact with Key. Jonghyun joined the class and packed everything in his bag, and making his way out classroom. 

 

Before he could exit, “Dino Dork!” a voice called out, which who he assumed to belong to Key since he’s the only one who calls him by that name.

 

“Mmm?” Jonghyun said turning around facing Key.

 

“Let’s have lunch together...” He said, smiling with those feline eyes.

 

Shocked by the sudden invitation to join him for lunch, Jonghyun stared into Key’s beautiful feline eyes. ‘I can’t resist,’ he thought as he gave in and nodded my head.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY! This is chapter four, Sorry again if yeah I at writing xd LOl.. anywho, Dongwoon will show up later on, and Um... IDK why I put Onew and Juri in the MAIN CHARACTER list, haha I don't even know if they'll be in it much, we'll see xD 

Please Share with friends xD LOL i think I'm asking for to much, and critcism is appreciated if it'll help me with my writing ^-^ Thank YOu again! ALOHA and Mahalo ^-^