Chapter Thirty Eight

Two-Faced: Annyeonghaseyo Yeobo

 

----------------------------------------------Jinki’s POV-----------------------------------------

 

After the few hour flight, Noona and I arrived to Seoul. The flight wasn’t the best. Noona was ranting the entire time, like I had expected her too. She went on and on about Jonghyun dating, and about the girl he was dating. She is to over protective, I now see why Jonghyun had left for a real school.

 

Juri paced herself back and forth in the condo that we had rented for the time being here. Her face was still the same facial expression she wore since Jonghyun had confessed. I sat laying on the coach, just watching in amusement as Noona panicked.

 

Jonghyun had called us earlier. He said he was coming over for a small family reunion. That’s when Noona calmed down a little, all her questions will soon be answered.

 

Jonghyun and I had become close, and back then I never had expected us to be this close. Since I am adopted, and adopted kids were usually shunned or hated by the biological kids. Jonghyun and Juri Noona hadn’t shunned me at all. They opened their home to me, and were so nice. 

 

My parents had abandoned me when I was just six. I had learned to fend for myself by then, although I didn’t have anywhere to sleep. I was thankful for Jonghyun’s Appa for taking in a homeless kid, that roamed the streets for food, and begged for extra spare of change.

 

It’s actually a long story how I got to meet Jonghyun’s Appa. It wasn’t when I was being a beggar. It’s a long story, but to make the story short, when I was eight his driver had hit me while I was crossing the streets. They brought me to the near by hospital, and he visited me once I woke up.

 

-----

 

“How are you feeling?” He asked smiling at me.

 

“It hurts a little.” I replied shyly.

 

“I see you haven’t got any parents to take care of you,” he’s smile disappearing into a serious frown face.

 

I was shocked that he knew. Was it the filthy clothes that I wore that gave it away? Or had he seen me beg in the streets before? It was probably both.

 

The thought of my parents, had brought up painful swelling tears that formed in my eyes.

 

“Deh,” I whimpered, trying to hold the tears back, but failed.

 

“Well, what would you say If I wanted to take you home and give you a home? and start off fresh.” He asked, the bright smile of his soon illuminated the room.

 

My heart skipped a beat, as my jaws gapped open leaving me speechless. Was he really asking me to live with him? This can’t be, nobody loved me and everyone abandoned. The tears shed itself down my red flustered cheeks.

 

“Sir?”

 

“Deh son?” 

 

He called me son?

 

“Are you sure you want to take a filthy beggar like myself to your home?” I asked between sobs.

 

“Deh, don’t cry.” He said softly patting my the top of my head. “It’s okay, you can come home with me now.

 

That night Jonghyun’s Appa had brought me home. The house was huge, it was as big as a castle. Housekeepers, and servants lined up in front of the entrance to the house, bowing their heads as we walked in. We were met by three unfamiliar faces. One looked like dinosaur kid, the other looked tamed but the smile she featured on her face was scary, and the last person was probably my Umma.

 

“Jonghyun...Juri...This is Lee Jinki, your new brother.” He announced.

 

-----

 

Since then, my life wasn’t the same as before. It was better.

 

“He’s not here yet!” Juri groaned, pacing around in circles.

 

~Bing~

 

 

To: Onew

From: Jonghyun

Hyung, I’ll be there soon! I just dropped by the jewelry store on the way to get a ring...See you soon.

 

 

Ring? A ring for what?

 

“He just texted me saying that he’s almost here, he just stopped by a shop to buy a ring.” I bluntly said.

 

Juri Noona’s eyes widened. She was taken aback, and looked horrified. More horrified than when she found out Jong had been dating. “A ring?! What’s he doing buying a ring?” she exclaimed her face burning up with red! “I knew I shouldn’t have let him leave!”

 

“YAH! Noona stop with that! You Keep treating him like a kid, and he’s not a kid anymore!”

 

“Aish, shut up onew! This is all your fault.”

 

Aish, Juri...Will you just leave the kid alone?

 

~Ding Dong~

 

----------------------------------------Jonghyun’s POV-----------------------------------------

 

I walked happily towards Hyung and Noona’s condo. Now that I had my plan ready, I could relax. Key and I are going to be together forever, and it’s going to be just fine.

 

Juri Noona opened the door, she didn’t look to happy. Not at all.

 

“Onew said you went to buy a ring...What are you buying a ring for?” She snapped at me, very intimidatingly. I spoke to soon.

 

Knowing Noona she wouldn’t get off my back until she had answers. If answers are not given to her, then I’ll just have to run for my life and hide forever.

 

I forgot to tell them about my relationship, and there isn’t any way to hide it now that I’m proposing to Key. They’ll find out eventually. It was time for a family confession session.

 

We sat in their living room, facing each other. Noona sat awkwardly on a chair leaning in to hear my explanation, while Hyung and I sat on the sofa. My heart raced in nervousness. I didn’t know how they’d take what I’m about to say. Are they going to hate me forever?

 

Like every other person who was in love, all I wished for is for them to accept who I am and my decisions. I need their support.

 

“Aghm,” I coughed, preparing my throat. “I’m going to propose to Key,” I bluntly said.

 

In the corner of my eyes, Onew hyung’s face brightened up, static from the news. Noona in the other hand wasn’t all to happy. She flinched at my words like she had been punched right on the guts. Her face tanged red with anger.

 

“You’re going to propose to a woman that I’ve never met?” She hissed through her gritted teeth. Her nails dug into the sofa furiously.

 

“Well...” I trailed off scratching the back of my head. “Technically, Key isn’t a woman.” I hesitated, but managed to say.

 

The smile on Hyung’s face disappeared a little as he looked down letting my words sink in, and he soon brought his head back up and smiled again. Juri Noona, once again flinched at my words. Punching her right on the guts.

 

“A BOY?!?” She screamed out in front of my face. I flew my body back against the back of the sofa, trying to protect myself from her. “Out of all the people in the world, you decide to get married to a boy?!” She snapped again.

 

“YAH! Noona, don’t be harsh! You haven’t met this Key yet.” Onew hyung scolded. I was surprised by his actions, he wasn’t mad or disappointed at all.

 

“Hyung? You’re not mad?”

 

“Ani,..” he answered with a smile. “I’ll support you through all your decisions.” He added patting my back, assuring me.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?! Are you just going to let him marry a guy?” Noona spat out in disgust. 

 

Only if she knew how I felt about Key, but she doesn’t understand what it’s like to be in my shoes. I sat silently as they argued over what was right and wrong for me to do. My ears hurt, hearing them bicker and argue over me. I respected Onew hyung for understanding, but it would be a while for Noona to accept my decision.

 

“You’re going to ruin everything by marrying a boy?!” Noona said her voice still raised with anger.

 

“Key isn’t just a boy Noona!” I yelled out frustratingly. “We’ve known each other for three years! It isn’t my fault you had always kept me protected!”

 

“What do you know about love Jonghyun?!” She spat.

 

......

 

I was speechless, what did I know about love?

 

“Exactly! You don’t know anything!”

 

“All my life you had protected me, not letting me free to do what I want!...I know what love is Noona! I LOVE KEY! Please just be happy for me just this once!” I cried out begging, hoping she’d let me make my own decisions for once.

 

“NO!” she boomed out. “Marriage is a big deal! You can’t just marry who ever you feel like, and not a boy at that.... Does this Key even know who you really are?”

 

“Ani, he thinks I’m poor, but today when I’ll propose I’m going to tell him the truth.” I confessed.

 

“Then perhaps Key truly likes you.” Onew Hyung butted in. Juri noona glared at hyung for his statement. “Noona...” Hyung started, sighing. “Jonghyun is an adult now, you have to respect his decisions.” Although Onew hyung was adopted, I always had treated him like a real sibling. He was my only best friend when we were little, and he still is.

 

“What are you saying?!” Noona scolded him.

 

He came to school here to learn to be independent, and to learn to be an adult, right?..In these three years he’s never asked you for any money and never used the credit card that you gave him...He used his identity Kim Jong a common, penniless fellow, to live life under no protection...If he wants to propose to someone he likes, even if it’s a boy and problems arise from his marriage...That’s also something in life that he’ll have to be responsible for, right?”

 

Juri Noona’s features had softened at Hyung’s small speech. He was right, I’ve been living like an adult these past three years, and I know I’m capable of taking care of myself.

 

“Noona, you need to let go, let Jonghyun grow up, and you need to respect and support his decisions.” Hyung finished off.

 

Noona, returned to her normal state. Calmed and relax the way she had always been. She seemed to have understand what Hyung was saying. I appreciated hyung for helping me out, and opening Noona’s eyes.

 

“I’m not guaranteeing that I’ll like him,” she softly whispered.

 

A smile crept up on my face as she had said those words. My hopes were at it’s highest point. I had the support from both of my siblings, well only Onew hyung, but noona said it would take her a while to accept it.

 

“Thank you Noona!” I exclaimed, walking over to her and hugging her tightly, she had responded by hugging back tighter then usual. Thank you

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aloha!.. Looks like Juri has agreed to let Jonghyun marry Key, but only if she likes him...What do you guys think will happen?! Will it be a diva vs old diva? LOL lame i know.. Don't you just love Onew?! he's such an awesome Hyung! ^-^ Hope the chapter isnt to short!

Mahalos for reading ^-^ Thank you to silent readers and New readers! And new subscribers =D.. If you haven't subscribed yet, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE!!...COMMENTS make me happy! hahaha so drop a comment below if you want!.. thanks guys =D