Chapter 63

Two-Faced: Annyeonghaseyo Yeobo

 

 

Jonghyun lay silently on the comfort of his bed. His arms stretched out wide, lungs breathing at a steady rate, as his stomach rose and fell. He was finally home from the long vacation at Jeju Island.

 

Jonhgyun’s mind was still cloudy from the last few days that he had stayed there. He couldn’t remember a single thing after his fifth drink of clinking cups. Where was he exactly? When he awoke the next morning, he was curled up in a ball, in a hallway he was familiar with. Surely, he must’ve done something wrong to get him that far. Nothing good really happens when he’s drunk.

 

“Oh, you’re home…” a familiar voice cooed out, from the entrance of his room. Jinki entered the room nonchalantly walking towards Jonghyun’s sofa chair, making himself feel at home as he placed his foot on the coffee table right in front of him.

 

“Why don’t you turn on the lights?”

“My,” Jonghyun started off, but stopped to inhale. “My world is filled with darkness, whether or not the lights are on, it doesn’t matter anymore.” He brought his right arm over his face, trying to cover Jinki from seeing any of his emotions.

 

Jinki exhaled a deep sigh while he watched his step-brother bring himself down to depression. “What’s wrong this time?...”

 

“Is it because you the Saint of Love, is in the depth Sea of Love? And loosing your touch?” Jinki continued, speaking as if he was William Shakespeare dramatically raising his arms in the air, pretending to grasp a non-existing object that swiftly drifted away from him. “Or have I, the love advisor, set-up the wrong tactic?”

 

Jonghyun shot up into a hunched sitting position, his bottom lip protruding out like he was pouting. “Hyung!” He whined, throwing his hands up to his hair and quickly messing it up. “You wanted me to bring another girl to the trip, to make Key jealous!... But, Key had no response to it whatsoever. In fact, instead of making him Jealous, I was the one getting jealous of him! Your plan failed.”

 

“This,” Jinki started again. “Is where you don’t understand… Key, is gay, right?” he questioned, receiving a weird glare from the latter. “My point if, he is so feminine, he’s basically similar to a girl… And girls don’t display their jealousy.”

 

“Then how should I know if he’s jealous!” Jonghyun whined frustratingly, throwing himself back onto the bed.

 

“First of all, did he purposely make intimate gestures with another guy?” Jinki asked, sitting up to a proper posture.

 

~”Don’t tell me you two haven’t kissed yet?!” his own voice resounded in his head. He watched a clear flashback of himself with Key and Dongwoon right after Key had saved him. He provoked and accused Key for not kissing Dongwoon.

 

“Is it because of those two huge sausages on his face?”

 

“What? who said I haven’t kissed him yet?” Key argued back. “And besides, I love sausages.” He exclaimed leaning in towards Dongwoon, and smacking a deep kiss right onto his lips as Jonghyun watched them.~

 

“Yes!” he shouted in response, sitting back up like an alert puppy.

 

“Secondly, did Key randomly got mad you?”

 

~This time, his flashback expressed him handing a bottle of alcohol to Dongwoon. He was taunting him for being a chicken, for not drinking with him. Key stood besides Dongwoon with his arms crossed of his slender chest, his face contorted into furrowed eyebrows and a pout that looked like he was about to jump on a prey.

 

“That’s enough!”~

 

“Yes!” Jonghyun shouted out again, smacking his hands together excitingly, as he got closer and closer to noticing how Key got jealous of him.

 

“Lastly, was he ever unconsciously intimate with you?...” Jinki’s bright smile brightened up his side of the room, as he too was excitedly right about all of these suggestions.

 

“Well,” he started.

 

“Well what?”

 

“I did, find myself outside his room when I woke up from my hangover… I just don’t know how I got there, and if we did do anything.”

 

“So you slept with him?!” Jinki shouted, getting up from his comfortable seat and running towards the latter who shockingly watched as he plumped himself right next to him.

 

“I didn’t say I slept with him! I honestly don’t know what happened, I can’t remember a thing…” He paused, knowing he was lying. He could remember one thing, and one thing only.

 

Key’s scent… off course he could have smelled Key while he was intoxicated playing clinking cups, but this was different. The scent was so close to him that it felt so real, and as if Key was laying down right next to him. Goosebumps traveled up to his arms, making him shiver from the cold drift that awkwardly came out of nowhere.

 

“You need to find out!”

----------

 

Key strut his way through the columns and rows of cubicles as he occupied himself with the agenda for todays radio station. Key sighed, placing his floral pink binder to his side and continued strutting down the hall with his head up high, like the diva that he is. He quickly walked through the front desk of the company, making his way towards the hallway that led to everyone’s DJ booths.

 

“I have business with you.” Key cringed at the sound of the voice that seemed to have resounded and echoed through out the whole entire building. He abruptly stopped, closed his eyes, and let out a long breath then turned his head to the left. Paying his undivided attention to the dinosaur, monster, looking boss of his.

 

“We need to talk.” Jonghyun continued, as he walked to the front of the annoyed Key.

 

“I don’t have time.” Key replied, taking a step forward to dodge the dinosaur, but was held back by a strong contracting grip.

 

“It’s really important Key.” Jonghyuns Demeaning voice cooed softly into his ears.

 

“Is it more important than the show going on air?” He shot back. “It’s three, SHINee love is starting, boss, don’t tell me you didn’t know.” Key smirked, rolling his eye and pulling himself free from Jonghyun’s grasp.

 

Jonghyun, awkwardly stood where he was, looking at Key’s back as he continued to disappear from his view into the hallways.

 

“Feeling The Music!” Key sang out into the microphone right after the signal to start. “Hey everyone! This is the Almighty Key! Tune in from Monday through Friday, from three to four pm for SHINee Love Hour!”

 

“I had the chance to take a quick vacation during the weekend.” Key continued to speak with a smile on his face, really enjoying at what he does. “I was wondering if any of you also went on vacation during this hot weathered summer… You are welcome to call in and share.”

 

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

 

Jonghyun leaned on to a wall for support as he tuned into SHINee Love hour, watching Key speak so happily.

 

“Director,” the telephone girl called out from her position, “The creeper guy who called for Key the last time is on the line.” The phone girl seemed worried about this certain call. Her face and voice gave Jonghyun the impression that this caller has been calling for a while now, but has always been rejected. He seems to be obsessed over Key.

 

“Don’t answer his calls, hang up!” The director commanded. “Hurry!”

 

“I’m sorry, there has been so many calls today, so please call in next time.”

 

“What?! I Don’t care! I have something to tell Key!” a creepy low raspy voice yelled in from where the telephone girl sat. The phone wasn’t on speaker, yet it was to loud. He seems to be screaming his lungs out from the other line.

 

Jonghyun step forward, grabbing the phone from the girl. “Hello, Key doesn’t have time, so I’ll chat with you then.”

 

“I don’t want too! I want to speak to Key! I drive my cab everyday and always listen to Key. I have so many things to say to him in person, please let me…”

 

Jonghyun hadn’t let the poor creepy guy finish his sentence, as he hung up the phone, slamming it quiet hard. “What a crazy fan.”

 

“Well, Key’s station has been so popular now days, that we constantly have fans like him calling.” The director explained. Jonghyun pushed the thought aside, and continued to walk towards the glass window that over sees inside Key’s station.

 

“During this vacation, my best friend gave me a watch…” Key smiled at the microphone in front of him. “I know the reason why he gave it to me…” he sighed.

 

“Once in High School, a classmates watch was stolen.” Key sighed again, his smile dropped. “The watch was stolen by one of my best friends… When the teacher went around to check everyone’s backpack, this friend decided to place the watch in my bag, I knew she did it, but I new told anyone.”

 

Key looked like he softly giggled inside the station, he had a small smile on his face. “Everyone thought I was the thief… This watch reminded me of back then, and it also helped me raise the burden of my shoulders.”

 

“Has anything happened to them that was unforgettable? If so, and you want to share please call in.”

 

Key, raised a nozzle on his mix bored up, which Jonghyun thought might have been the volume of the caller. “Here’s our first caller, Hi!” Key greeted the caller.

 

“Hi, is this Key?” The depressed voice began.

“Yes, it is.”

 

“I would like to ask, is this Kim Kibum?”

 

Depending on the DJ, they have the choice to use their real name during the broadcast or their DJ name, which in Kibum’s place it’s Key his nickname.

 

The station became silent for a bit, as a weird aura accumulated its way into the room. “And you are?” Key asked, thinking twice before giving out his real identity to a stranger on air.

 

“Key,” the voice cracked sniffle. “This is whom you speak of that stole the watch.”

 

Key’s eyes shot wide open at the disbelief of it all. He hadn’t expected such a thing to happen. Key’s eyes began to fill up with tears slowly, as his nose became watery, and eyes turning red. He didn’t want to deal with this now, especially not on air.

 

“Key, I know you might not want to deal with me, or even talk to me.” The voice cracked into soft whimpers and constant sniffling. The caller sounded as if she had already begun crying. “Key I’m sorry, I’m really sorry.”

 

“Please,” Key began, but stopping mid way to prevent himself from spilling any tears. “Please don’t mention the past.”

 

“I also didn’t want to mention it, but I know it had brought so much trauma into your life… I feel really guilty about it, and at the time I didn’t have enough courage to tell the teacher.” She cried into the phone. “I’m sorry, I’ve hurt you so much.”

 

There was a brief moment of silence, between the caller and Key. All that was heard were tears and sniffling coming from the caller, and heavy breathing from Key’s tear stained face. “Key… are you there?” the crying girl asked.

 

“I’m here.”

 

“Key, I just wanted to ask if you could forgive me?” Key didn’t respond right away, instead he inhaled a deep breath and let it out shakily and smiled.

 

“It’s been Ten years.” Key began, “It’s enough.”

 

Jonghyun could feel the sadness Key was going through. Sekyung and the girls have told him once that Key had stolen a watch from them, and Key didn’t defend himself. From that moment, it must’ve been hard, being hated and shunned by everyone. That’s when it all started to change for Key, no one trusted him or liked him for that misunderstanding mistake. It has screwed up his life.

 

“A watch has tormented me, tormented you, for ten years…” He smiled, “If I didn’t forgive you, I’d just be making it difficult for myself… That’s just not worth it.” From the tough and rough exterior of Key, he has a good heart. There is no one in the world that can forgive and care so much as he can. He’s that book that everyone miss judges as being horrible and not interesting, but if you took the time to know and read him, you’ll learn to love him. Like how Jonghyun have.

 

The caller on the line, started to laugh and giggle with every sniffle that she made. “Thank You Key, thank you!” She praised.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone! It's been forever since I've updated anything!

Well, I'm back! And Hopefully I won't be lazy from now on to continued updating this story! Does this Chapter seem so small and not like my writing? If It does I'm so sorry, i just started to get back on writing and I've lost my touch, but it's not like I was good at writing before anyway right? HAHA

Anyway Guys... I am done for today, I'll start typing for the next chapter during my busy weekend! Have a great weekend everybody!

OoOoO Yeah! Follow me on Instagram: ernie_beee

LOL xD I post daily and it's non-kpop things just my daily life so yeah! Hahahahaha STALK ME! Any way!!!! See you guys later, thankyou for reading!

Please Susbcribe! Leave a comment if you wish! Tell your friends! LOL and see you all next time! =D