Chapter Five

Two-Faced: Annyeonghaseyo Yeobo

 

----------------------------------------------Third POV------------------------------------------

 

Jonghuyn followed Key into a nearby noodle store just outside the Universities campus.

 

Jonghyun and Key entered the noodle store that only had three customers. The three girls bickered and gossiped, they soon stopped as Key walked past their table. Key ignored the three girls, as he walked up to the ordering line. Jonghyun in the other hand recognized one out of the three girls that sat on the table. Shin Skeyung.

 

Jonghyun waved silently at Sekyung, and slightly bowed his head at the other two gorgeous girls.

 

Jonghyun walked up to the side of Key, who was already giving his order.

 

“One bowl of Yakisoba noodle,” Key said politely. “What about you?” he asked Jonghyun, who was looking at the menu above the cashiers head.

 

“I’ll have the same,” He said, before the cashier registered their orders into the microphone.

 

After three minutes, their bowls of yakisoba were given to them. Both Key and Jonghyun chose to sit on the table behind the three other customers. 

 

“Jong come sit with us,” Sekyung said, as they passed the table, Sekyung patted the chair right next to her indicating for him to sit. 

 

“Um... sure,” he said.

 

“I don’t want to,” Key sassed, placing his hands on hips.

 

‘Huh? He must be just shy.’ Jonghyun thought.

 

“Common Key, you can make new friends.” Jonghyun says passing and ignoring Keys sassy pose, taking the seat right next to Sekyung.

 

Key had no other choice but to comply, so he sat on the chair besides Jonghyun. Jonghyun could feel Key was uncomfortable sitting on the table. ‘He probably doesn’t like the other two girls,’ Jonghyun thought

 

“Thanks for inviting us to sit with you,” Jonghyun said bowing his head towards the three girls.

 

“No problem!” the girl with the polka dotted dress smirked. “I’m Jessica, and this here is Tiffany.” Jessica placed her hand on Tiffany’s shoulder, who smiled at my direction.

 

“Not everyone is as nice as we are...” Tiffany bluntly stated with a grin.

 

A shiver ran through Key’s body as Tiffany bluntly said those words. ‘I know she’s referring to me.’ Key thought, crossing his arms. 

 

As Key grabbed hold of his chopstick, Sekyung spoke, “Jong, be careful..” She said looking at him worriedly with her brows furrowed.

 

“What do you mean?” Jonghyun asked not understanding what Sekyung meant.

 

“Be careful of the people you hang out with,.. Like the thing next to you,” Tiffany said frankly. Tiffany referred to Key as a thing instead of a person. That bare statement made Jonghyun came to conclude that the three girls and Key didn’t get along.

 

“He once stolen stuff.” Jessica added shifting her head to face Key.

 

Key froze in shock, he was appalled by both Tiffany and Jessica’s statements. He knew it was coming sooner of later, but for them to say it in front of his only friend was like a slap on the face.

 

“Who?... Key?”

 

“Neh, ask him and see if he’ll admit.”

 

Jonghyun was to curious to refrain from asking, “Key? is it true?”

 

“It’s none of your business,” Key said coldly.

 

“But, I want to know if it’s true.”

 

“Jong, you have to believe us,” Sekyung butted in, persuading Jonghyun to believe them.

 

“Yeah, how long have you known Key for?.. You don’t even understand him.” Jessica added on.

 

“When your things disappear, don’t say we haven’t warned you.” Tiffany continued after Jessica.

 

Key wasn’t that type of person, the Key Jonghyun knew wouldn’t do such things as steal. But they had a point, he just met Key and they probably knew more than he does about Key. Jonghyun put information that was fed to him on the side before talking. “Key would never take my things.”

 

“Even is he won’t steal your things... Why are you friends with such a materialistic and manipulative person, you’ll just get in trouble.” Jessica said looking at Key, who seems to be frozen.

 

Key was getting more agitated as the ‘power puff girls’ kept going on and on about him. He was constantly slapped by the words that they fed Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun was confused, not understanding what Jessica had meant. “What do you mean?”

 

“Ask her yourself, ask her about how he hurts other people.” Jessica smirked.

 

Jonghyun froze for a second, trying to process if he should believe of not believe what Jessica had just said. He face Key, “Key?”

 

“Are you guys finished?” Key spat out. He looked at each of the girls eyes, Why do they feel the need to attack him today, right now. He was trying so hard to compose himself.

 

“If you didn’t do it, why are you afraid of others saying it?” Sekyung back talked.

 

“If you think I did it, then I did it... Happy now?!” Key stood up abruptly. He had enough of them taunting him, and he couldn’t control himself, so he rushed out of the store before he would do something he’ll regret later on.

 

“Key!” Jonghyun also stood up, rushing after Key as he heard Sekyung calling his name not to go.

 

“KEY!!” Jonghyun yelled out as he was closer to him.

 

He took Key’s hand just as they stopped. “LET GO!” Key snapped as he freed himself from Jonghyuns grip.

 

“Was everything they said true?” Jonghyun asked Key, as he took deeps breaths.

 

“If you really want to know, go listen to what they have to say!!!” Key snapped again before running off.

 

Jonghyun stood looking at Key’s figure at it got smaller. ‘Is it true? All the stealing and the hurting, is it really true?’ he asked himself.

 

“Jong,” a voice called out behind him, he turned around to face Skeyung. Tiffany and Jessica were behind her smirking. “Do you believe us?” Skeyung asked.

 

He didn’t want to believe it was true, all her cared about at that moment was to see if Key was fine. He didn’t want Key to do anything stupid, or go off drinking his feelings away. “It’s not that I don’t believe you,” he started. “It’s just that, the thought Key is eccentric and odd who likes to hit people.. But he doesn’t seem like the type of person to steal, maybe everything is just a misunderstanding.” Jonghyun tried his best to defend Key. “Maybe she steals, cause she’s poor.”

 

“Jong, you’re to kind to him.” Sekyung said. Jonghyun could see the disappointment in Sekyungs eyes and posture. “Kibum’s family isn’t poor, they have plenty of money.” Sekyung added.

 

“That’s why she only dates rich people,” Tiffany added, as she walked forward, stopping next to Sekyung. “If the guy or girl doesn’t have money, he’ll break up with them.” “He stole my the boy I liked! The only boy I ever liked!” Tiffany raised her voice, cracking at the last word. “Key dumped him right after his family was bankrupt.” She said as she dabbed her tears with a napkin, not wanting to smear her make up.

 

“You guys hate Key, because he stole Tiffany’s boyfriend?” Jonghyun asked, giving the three girls are ‘are you serious?’ look. He couldn’t believe they hated Key because of that.

 

“It’s not just us that hates her!..Everyone does!” Jessica yelled out, as her face turned red with anger. “You seen it already, everyone shuns her, no one want to be her friend!” You could see visible veins popping out of Jessica’s neck, which made her look like a built muscular man, with a dress.

 

“We just want you to stay away from him,” Sekyung said calmly. “We’ll help you so you won’t hang out with Kibum.”

 

Jonghyun was clueless about what Sekyung meant by helping him. He didn’t need help from her or anyone, specially if it means staying away from Key. “Why would you want to do that?” Jonghyun asked confusedly.

 

“So you won’t hang with Kibum, and we had orders from the principal to do so.” Sekyung said with a grin.

 

“The principal?” Jonghyun furrowed his brows. ‘Why would the principal ask Sekyung to watch over me?’ Jonghyun thought.

 

“Neh, the principal is my gomo (anty)... She says your noona had asked a student to watch over you while you were here.” Sekyung said.

 

Jonghyun was shocked at the news. He thought Juri Noona had specifically stated that no one was to know his secret. That he was filthy rich, and was in disguised as a poor student named Jong, so there wouldn’t be any trouble this year. His thoughts were cut off by Sekyung’s voice.

 

 “Although, I don’t know the reason why your noona had asked for you to be watched...all I know is that gomo and your noona used to be close friends, so she said she’ll do it.” Sekyung said also confused.

 

Jonghyun’s muscles softened as he heard Skeyung say she didn’t know why his Juri Noona had asked for him to be watched over. 

 

“So I need to look after you, including not letting you go near Kibum or letting him get near you.”

 

Jonghyun was speechless, he didn’t know what else to do. He had no other choice but to comply with his noona’s orders. ‘I have a feeling going to a real public school was a bad idea, maybe the worst idea I have ever thought about.’ 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Key stuck his keys into the key hole of his car turning it on. He shifted his car gear to drive, and roughly pressed down on the gas peddle. The car threw itself forward rapidly. 

 

“I’m a villain...classmates hate me...parents don’t like me either. Maybe if I died in a crash, no one will care. If one day, I disappear everyone would be really happy.” Key thought as he drove faster, his heart also beating faster then usual. Suicidal thoughts came to Keys mind, as heavy tears ran down his flawless cheeks. He could imagine his classmates laughing triumphantly if he died. They all looked so happy without him, he also saw his parents back together cause their devil child was gone, everything would be normal if he just disappeared from the universe. It pained his heart to see everyone was happy with him gone, no more Kim Key Kibum the devil, materialistic, manipulating, violent ugly boy. He had enough of everything, he couldn’t handle it no more, it had to end now. Key’s tears blurred his vision, he couldn’t make out what was in front of him.

 

“KEY!!!!” yelled out a familiar voice. Key immediately stomped on to the breaks, which caused a loud screeching noise from the cars wheels, and a heavy dust cloud formed from the friction of the tires and the ground below it. A speeding car from the other intersection sped down through the streets running a red light. If Key had still been driving, the speeding car would have crashed right into him.

 

He sat still not moving a single muscle, breathing heavily. Key’s body began to shake, as he sobbed silently. Loads of tears ran down his face, staining his cheeks. “WHY!” Key wailed out, as he punched the steering wheel. “No one wants me,..No one cares,” he managed to say between whimpers. He broke down into more tears that never seem to stop pouring.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jonghyun laid on his bed, waiting for a response from Taemin who seems to be preoccupied, playing with Minho’s hands. Jonghyun told invited Taemin and Minho over for the night, to ask them if everything Sekyung and her friends had said was true. He needed to know.

 

“What do you think Tae?” Jonghyun asked out loud.

 

Taemin looked up from Minho’s hands and asked, “Think bout what Jong?”

 

“YAH TAEMIN-AH! I told you guys so much about Key, and you weren’t even listening!” Jonghyun sat up yelling.

 

Taemin dropped Minho’s hands as he jumped at Jong’s sudden outburst. “Mianhe Jong.”

 

“That stuff about Key were rumors freshmen year of college,” Minho answered for Taemin. “No one has actually seen him dating another guy, and nobody knows if it’s true or not.”

 

Jonghyun took his gaze off of Minho and looked at Taemin. “Don’t look at me, I’m not the gossip type, and I’m actually one of those people who likes Key for who he is.” Taemin said honestly.

 

“So it must have been a misunderstanding right?” He turned hi gaze back to Minho. Trying to get the answer that he needs.

 

“Key’s Unsociable, everyone knows that,” “And, if he’s not that bad, then why does everyone shun him?” Minho asked sternly.

 

Jonghyun was lost in thought once again. Asking himself questions, he couldn’t answer.

 

“Why do you care about Key anyway?” Jonghyun froze at Minho’s question. Why did he care for Key so much? He didn’t know actually, besides that they are both classmates. Their must be a more reasonable reason why he cared.

 

“If you say his not as bad, then why doesn’t anyone want to be his friend?” Jonghyun said asking Minho another question. “If you genuinely be his friend, he’ll be genuine back.”

 

Minho lifted his shoulders and shrugged as his answer. “Forget it,” Jonghyun said quietly and laid back down.

 

He thought about calling Key to ask if he was alright. But, he was scared of Keys reply. Everything Sekyung, Jessica, and Tiffany had said about Key still lingered in his mind, at one point he came to a conclusion that maybe everything they had said about Key was true. ‘What are you thinking Jonghyun! Don’t believe them!’ mentally slapping himself.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Five! yay! haha um I just wrote this so excuse my erros and such.... and Yeah thankyou for reading! OO YEAH I forgot, So Onew and Juri wont be making their debut anytime soon, maybe Juri, but No onew until later later on. SORRY! haha I'm starting on the Sixth chapter... Sorry if this chapter is a little boring... and yeah have fun reading it, please share with your friends ^-^ Mahalos *shaka*