Chapter Twenty Eight

Two-Faced: Annyeonghaseyo Yeobo

 

Before you read! There maybe a lot of typos xD I did not proofread, well I never do -_- sorry.. ENJOY!

 

-----------------------------------------Key’s POV-----------------------------------------------

 

I awaited back stage as all the contestants were being announced. Each of us had our own dressing room, so we couldn’t see each other until we were all at the stage. It was a great thing I was last, I was able to see my competition before they got to see me.

 

Off course the Power Puff Girls got into the top three. If they hadn’t made it, this experience wouldn’t have been fun. It’s better to crush your opponents rather then letting them slide away easily. Am I to harsh?

 

A small television was set in each dressing room, so they could see what was happening on the stage, and do they could get ready for their turn. I watched as each competitor walk up the stage confidently waving, winking, twirling, and bowing at the audience. The camera man placed the shot at Dongwoon, who looked stunningly awesome, if I may say so myself. He was just so handsome.

 

My mind soon drifted off as a quick glimpse of the audience was shown, they were waving and cheering for their favorite. After the eighth competitor Hongki, the camera went back to the audience. Shivers ran down my body freezing me to my seat as it focused on a blonde haired dork talking to his friends. It was Jong. I knew he was going to be here but, I still had second thoughts of my plan. I relaxed soon as the Jong’s face was out of sight.

 

*knock* knock*

 

The door swung open as a T.V. crew worker popped his head into my dressing room, “Kim Kibum you’re up!” he yelled out.

 

My heart pounded nervously as I bared for what was going to happen next. I already had an expectation of how the audience would react. I took a couple of steps up the stairs, fixing my outfit, earring, and necklace that Dongwoon had given to me.

 

“Finally, Our last contender,” Dongwoon said into the mic, “KIM KIBUM!”

 

The audience fell silent, and a couple of gasps could be heard from where I stood. I walked my way up the last couple of steps onto the stage and made my way to the center. My heart was beating faster than I had expected. Was I really that nervous?! The crowd bickered like birds chirping on the tree tops while only a few of the audience clapped for me. 

 

‘Don’t mind them Kibum, you can do this...Show everyone what you’re made off, prove to everyone who ever looked down on you that they were wrong to treat you they way they had...HWAITING!’ I mentally thought boosting up my self esteem.

 

My head turned towards Dongwoon’s direction at the emcee podium, smiling at him with my eyes and slightly nodding, assuring him but mostly myself that I can do this.

 

My body turned to the audience, and I soon spotted the blonde Dino that stood out. Jong looked Shocked that I was in the competition. He and I made eye contact. Jong calmed me down a little more and raised up my confidents, just by looking at him. I gave him and the audience a bright smile and waved at them before bowing. To my surprise the applause grew more, also did the cheering. ‘Wow, acting cute really does work...I should try it sometimes.’ I thought as I walked back to the end of line. Hwaiting!

 

-------------------------------------Jonghyun’s POV--------------------------------------------

 

“Yah! I think Sekyung will win!” Minho said as he scanned the stage which had all nine contestants except for the last one.

 

“Ani! I for one think Daniel will win!” Taemin pushed his opinion forward.

 

Both of them continued to bicker and disagree with each other. I only wished that Key was here to see me perform my accompaniment with Sekyung. It’d be a great time to show him how good I am at it. Aish Only if he was here~

 

“KIM KIBUM!” Dongwoon boomed out. 

 

My head snapped up at Dongwoon’s direction. My body felt numb, as I stared in disbelief. Did I hear right or was the world just playing with me?! ‘I must be just dreaming,’ I thought. Why in the world would Kim Kibum, would join such a competition? He didn’t seem like the type to join things like these.

 

My head shifted towards Minho and Taemin as they both stopped bickering. The whole audience stopped their applauds, and only a few still clapped their hands for Kim Kibum. Was he my Kim Kibum? Or is that another person. No, it couldn’t be Key.

 

The slim figure immerged from the side of the stage. His feline eyes were glistening, as he held a smile on his face walking towards the middle of the stage to show himself to the audience. He looked beautiful. His waist swayed as he continued to make his way to the middle, waving at the audience. It was Key.

 

Key stopped at the middle of the stage, facing the audience. First making eye contact with Dongwoon before looking directly at me. ‘It really is Key,’ I thought. Key flashed the audience most likely me the most brightest smile that had ever appeared on his face. His make-up eyes smiled along as well, sending shivers down my spine.

 

He hadn’t told me that he was joining this competition, but why?

 

The applause grew louder and louder as Key waved his hands towards us, bowing, and sending out more smiles.

 

I should be happy that Key had made it to the final ten of ‘You Got It,’ and I really am happy for him. Now everyone won’t think of him the same way as they thought of him before. Always looking down on him. ‘You can do this Key, goodluck! HWAITING!’

 

“Key is hot,” Minho stated bluntly not caring if I was there to hear him.

 

Key headed back to his position at the end of the line as everybody applauded for all the contenders. My eyes were still on Key, it had never left him since he was on the stage.

 

As all the competitors gave their final wave before exiting the stage to get ready for the real deal. Key and I had made eye contact, he gave me another piece of his bright smile, throwing up a peace sign at my direction. My head couldn’t get rid of the thought that Key had looked so beautiful up on the stage.

 

As Key and I continued to flirt from far away, in the corner of my eyes I could see Dongwoon staring at my direction with a questioning look. ‘Is he jealous,’ I thought, not making it noticeable that I had seen him stare at me. He shook his head a little before turning his gaze back to Key, then back to the paper he held.

 

“Thank you Competitors!” Dongwoon read aloud, the enthusiasm in his voice was still there but, there was something about the tone he had used. It sounded of disappointment.

 

The Ten finalist walked off stage, probably headed back to prepare for the rough competition that was about to happen.

 

“Now, we will have each competitor perform for us and the judges.” Dongwoon started soon as the stage was cleared up. “We will randomly choose the performer from this cylinder, which contains all the names.”

 

Dongwoons hands dug into the cylinder. My heart raced hoping that Keys name wouldn’t be pulled out first.

 

He pulled out his hand, and along it came a piece of paper. I didn’t know why but, the pounding of my heart could be heard through my ears. Was it because I was nervous to perform first or was it because I was afraid Key would go first. Dongwoon’s mouth slowly curved forming a a smirk as he read the paper.

 

“Our first performer is.” The drums started to roll, making the suspense more nerve racking then it already was. He looked at my direction, our eyes met. His were calmed and excited while my eyes showed fear and nervousness. Dongwoon slightly bowed his head, which seemed to have gone in slow motion.

 

“SHIN SEKYUNG!”

 

My eyes flew wide open, it felt as if something heavy was on top of me. My feet weakened below me, as it shook. For a minute I thought I was going to pass out. I had never performed in front of so many people before, specially college students who all aren’t mature for their age. My heart pounded against my chest ready to burst out.

 

Taemin nudged me from the side, breaking me from my trance. They gave me an assuring smile before shoving me towards the stage. We weren’t to far from the stage. I walked up the stairs slowly, inside I was breaking down in nervousness.

 

Soon as I took my place in front of the piano, the audience boomed with excitement. They cheered for me, a bit of hope lightened up in me. Was I imagining all this?

 

“SEKYUNG! SEKYUNG! SEKYUNG!” The crowd cheered. The hope that I had fled soon as those words echoed through the stage. They weren’t cheering for me but, instead for Sekyung. 

 

Sekyung walked onto the stage, bright smile and everything. To my surprise Taecyeon too was on the stage, standing right beside Sekyung. What was he doing up here? I did not remember him practicing with us. This will ruin everything that we’d work on.

 

“Annyeong!” Sekyung said waving.

 

My heart started to bang on my chest again. I stared out to the audience and behind the curtains that hid the other contenders from sight. Key stood staring straight into my eyes, he didn’t look mad at all. He looked supportive. Key brought his hands up to eye level and pretended to press the Key’s of a piano.

 

“YAH! Nerd!” Taecyeon shot at me, breaking Key and I’s eye contact.

 

My hands begun to play shakily. The first 10 seconds of the ballad song was played like it should have been played. Sekyung had started to dance along with Taecyeon, like a duo. Just as Sekyung took in a breath of air, and opened to let out her beautiful voice.

 

~Mistake (Jong played wrong key)~

 

I froze in horror, my eyes wide open staring at my hands that had betrayed me, playing the wrong note. ‘ANI! ANI! ANI! This can’t have happened!...’ From all the years of playing the piano I had never made a mistake, and why now did I choose to do so?

 

The crowd gasped in unison, as only a single note came out of Sekyung’s mouth before stopping from the mistake I had done. Sekyung and Taecyeon’s eyes shot at me, sending daggers of death glares. Taecyeon I wasn’t scared off but, Sekyungs glare scared me the most. I’ve never seen her glare at anyone before.

 

‘Snap out of it Jonghyun! Drop it and continue.’

 

I continued to play from where I had made my mistake. Sekyung got the idea quickly and began to sing, she sang beautifully like she had always done during practice. Taecyeon danced around her like they were doing a lovers duet. My hand continued to shake uncontrollably, and once again.

 

~Mistake~

 

Taecyeon and Sekyung snapped their heads towards Jong again, much more intense than the first one they had sent him. Sekyung looked bewildered and pissed but, she controlled herself. Taecyeon in the other hand snapped, “YAH! Stupid Dino, get it together!” he hissed under his breath.

 

Before I could even continue to play the piano, a loud thud and screeching noise coming from the mic that Sekyung “was” holding. The mic rolled on the floor, as the sound coming from it resounded around the stage and the whole area. It was silent for a couple of seconds, all you could hear was footsteps walking off the stage. The steps were more like stomps with anger and shame.

 

I didn’t need to look up to know who it was, and if I did look up, I would have caused more attention for myself. The crowd obviously hated me, for all the mistake I done. Especially for angering and ruining Sekyung’s performance.

 

My head slowly lifted up to see who else was on the stage. Come to find out I was the only person on it, besides Dongwoon who stood on the podium. There isn’t any word that could describe how stupid I feel right now, for ruining a friends performance. It was all because of me that she wouldn’t win.

 

The crowd booed me once I stood up, walking down the stairs to head towards Taemin and Minho. To tell you the truth, I wanted to go home and burry myself under my blankets. This wasn’t a good feeling at all, I wouldn’t be shock right now if people started to throw paper balls at me.

 

Shockingly, I got to Tae and Minho without being harassed by paper balls being thrown at me. But, of course I didn’t get away that easily. Some hardcore fans of Sekyung still glared at me even after everyone else seemed to stop. They must be planning a revenge on me after this competition.

 

“We are sorry but, the judges had decided that Ms. Shin Sekyung is disqualified.” Dongwoon called out to the crowd who booed soon after he had announced it.

 

Competitor after competitor came out to perform. The audience seemed to have forgotten about the Sekyung Incident after the next two performances that came after Sekyung’s. After everyone seen Yoseob sing, there were non-stop screams coming from the girls. He had a nice voice, and he might have a chance to win it.

 

Tiffany made a couple of errors in her performance, she forgot her lines and screwed up on her dancing. Her and her partner danced different steps, which threw everyone off, it looked like two different performances not as one. Jessica performed seventh. She had nailed all her choreography, and she sang really good. She to might win but, there are more performers to see.

 

The competition continued, besides the mistakes the Sekyung and Tiffany had done. Everyone seemed to have been on a roll. They were unstoppable, they looked like real K-pop idols singing and dancing on stage. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were recruited right on the spot, they were just that great. 

 

(Order of competition: Sekyung, Niel, Yoseob, Tiffany, Min Sun, Luna, Jessica, Dong Jun, and Hongki.)

 

“We are down to our last competitor!” Dongwoon boomed out with enthusiasm and excitement. It was weird how Key had managed to be chosen last to perform, he was also last in entering the stage. Was it trying to tell us something? ‘Save the best for last?’

 

My heart raced pounding onto my chest even before Key’s name was even called.

 

“KIM KIBUM!” Dognwoon boomed again with a big smile of his face.

 

Key walked onto the stage with a bright smile on his face, and his eyes stared directly at me. He continued to walk, passing the center of the stage, and walking down few stairs to where the audience were.

 

My face contorted to confused expression, furrowing my brows and cocking myh ead a little like a clueless puppy. I had no idea what Key was doing in the audience section. Shivers ran through my spine and whole body as Key got closer to me, his gaze still plastered onto me. 

 

Key stood directly in front of me, reaching his hand out towards me. “K-Key? W-What are you doing?” I stuttered nervous from all the eyes that lay on me.

 

“You’re my partner, for my performance,” he said, giving me a smile.

 

My eyes widened in shock and fear. Why in the world would he want me to perform with him? Hadn’t he just seen me ruin Sekyungs Performance?

 

He latched his arms around mine, and started to drag me up towards the stage. As much as I love to perform with Key, I’m afraid I might spazz out and ruin his performance.

 

“Don’t worry, just calm down...I’m here.” Key intertwined our figners together as we walked up the stage. His smile was very assuring, it calmed my nerves down just a little.

 

“Are you ready?” he asked tightening his grip around my hand.

 

My nerves sort off melted away every time I looked at Key. I was myself again, and of course I wanted Key to win. ‘Then don’t screw it up Jong.’ I thought to my self.

 

“Deh.” As if on cue SHINee’s Replay began to play filling up the whole area with it’s beat.

 

My body moved to the beat, like it had a mind of its own. Dancing Replay was like second nature to me. I was surprised to see that Key was doing a great job at it too. He danced better than I did. That just got me wondering, ‘If Key can dance, can he sing as well?! He wouldn’t be a final is he couldn’t right?’ My eagerness of hearing Key sing boosted up my esteem, dancing more professionally. 

 

‘I’m not going to ruin Key’s performance, it’s time for him to shine, and show everyone what he is capable of!’ My mind set itself into one goal at that moment, ‘Not to let Key down.’

 

 The first verse of the song started, as I took in a breath off air and began to sing:

 

Nuh nan neo muh yeh bbeo seo nam jah deul ee gah man ahn dweo

Heun deul ree neun keu nyeo ue mam sah sheel ahl goh eet seo

Keu nyeo eeh geh sah rang eun han sun gan ue neu ggeem eel bbun

Mwoh rah hae doh nah eeh gehn salm ue everything.

 

 

Those words exited my lips, as I glanced at the audience while I danced. They all looked shocked, and stunned that a dork like me would have such a powerful voice. My dancing skills also spoke for itself, showing a great deal of hard work and professionalism. Although, only a few cheered for us, it made me happy to know that they looked stunned and impressed by us.

 

Ah mah keu nyeo neun eoh reen nae gah buh dang seu reo uhn gah bwa

Nahl pah rah boh neun nun bee chee mahl hae juh jahn ah

And I think I'm gonna hate it girl Kkeu teh dah gah oo neun geol.

 

 

My eyes widened, surprised at the unique voice that came out of Key’s lips. It was like listening to his voice but much better. Shivers ran through me as we continued to dance, the audience too looked shocked at what they had heard. They must be regretting that they looked down on him. 

 

In the corner of my eyes, I could see a smirk plastered on Key’s face. He looked satisfied, at the audiences reactions.

 

As we continued on with the performance, the cheering grew louder. They were enjoying every ounce of performance. It sounded as if we had the loudest cheers the crowd had conjured up tonight.

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aloha! I'm back with a long update xD LOL so this was basically the whole Competition.. SORRY if it was very crappy! I'm very very sorry... The winner is announced next chapter xD YAY! Who do you think will win? I'm STILL debating to whom should win >.< making Key win would be to cleche, and typical.. so I really don't know Im still iffy xD

ANYWHO! Now my life, I tried dropping my physics class becasue it;s only been a week of class and we already ahve 2 projects, 2 labreports, and a lot of HW -_- that's why I decided to make this Chapter LONG AND BORING!!!! SORRY! for letting out my stress on this chapter.. Bad author I know.

BRIGHT SIDE! Last year I won Prom Prince ^0^ haha YAY me, this year Im running for Homecoming King I'm stoked for it! wish me luck! I;ve decided to change my Senior Project to Fashion instead of Kpop, my teacher denied my Kpop topic, she's evil >.<.. haha CAN ANYONE MAKE ME A POSTER?! haha

MAHALOS! for reading! PLEASE SUBSCRIBE! and COMMENT! hello new readers and silent readers! Recomend my story?! Thanks! (sorry for hte long Authors note Dx)

P.S. Dude does anybody have the studio version of Superman by Superjunior? cause all I see is the live ones and I don't like hearing fans screamingi n the background DX.. yeah that's all!