Chapter Eighteen

Two-Faced: Annyeonghaseyo Yeobo

 

-----------------------------------------Key’s POV------------------------------------------

 

Dongwoon and I's talk was really refreshing, just to be with him was refreshing. He told me to be strong, not to let peoples negative comments and remarks bring me down. The only person who can judge me is my self. I left the hotel, soon as it got dark. 

 

I knew that once I got home, I had to face the most negative person in the world, my umma. All she said about be was negative, nothing positive unless it was about money.  This wouldn’t not end up good, but it was better for her to hear it from me rather than my teacher.

 

I walked through the doors of my home, slamming the door behind me with a loud thud that rang through the house. The house was silent, like the night before. All silent. The same light breeze drifted through the house grazing my skin, sending shivers through my body, as I continued to walk towards the living room. A note was stuck onto the center table in the living room, I leaned over picking up the note as I read it, “Key - Umma needs to leave the country a week for business, Your expenses are on the table.- Umma.” My gaze drifted off from the paper to the Wons that lay on the table. 

 

Crunching up the paper, as I dug down into my bag searching for my phone. Umma’s flight might not have even lifted off yet. I flipped through my contact list, searching for umma’s number. Soon as I found the number, I pressed the call button and placed the phone to my ear as it rang.

 

My heart raced, not knowing what I was about to get into, but only knowing it was going to be bad.

 

*RING* *RING*

 

“Yoboseyo?” Umma said from the other line.

 

“Umma,” I said calmly as my heart beat raced faster.

 

“I’m heading to my plane right now, tell me when I get back,” She said.

 

This couldn’t wait until she got back, it had to happen now.

 

“Umma, Something happened in school...” I started off, “The teacher wants to expel me...” I bluntly said.

 

“Expel?” Umma’s tone was shocked, and I know soon it would be filled with anger. “You’re getting expelled?!” She yelled at the phone.

 

I stood in the center of the living room frozen as I listened to her speak. “All right, you don’t need to go to college anymore, I’m not letting you attend anymore... I’ll find you a wealthy family and just marry you off!” She yelled out bluntly, not caring if she was to frank or not. She yells without even asking what had happened, she didn’t care for an explanation.

 

All she cared was about money, my education was for her to get money once I graduate, doing her business and whatever she wanted me to do. I had no life, it’s already planned out for me, by my umma’s choice. She wanted money so bad, she’s willing to force me into marriage with someone who I may or may not even love.

 

“You only care about yelling at me!..Don’t you want to know what happened?!” I asked.

 

“What stuff can happen with a college student?” She asked before continuing with her hurtful tantrums and insults. “Disgraceful! How could I have given birth to such a disappointing son?!” She yelled through the phone, probably making a scene at the airport as we speak.

 

She was disgraced of me, she hated me for disappointing her. Coming from Mr.Choi;s mouth wasn’t hurtful. But, coming from my own Umma’s mouth and voice hurted the most. It pained my heart, like someone had stabbed it. I felt useless, My own Umma was disgraced by a son like me. Has she ever wondered how I became like this?

 

“For my becoming this way...Do you or appa not have any responsibility for it?!” they were the reasons for me becoming this way. The loneliness, isolation, and not loved by them created who I am.

 

“So this call is for, like when you were in high school...HAving the teacher call your appa and I, to go to school?...Then let me tell you, I don’t have the time!” She yelled out, “If you have the ability, then tell your appa to go!! I’m busy!” She spat out before hanging up.

 

What was I thinking, depending and hoping my Umma could help me out. If they hadn’t done a thing to help me out before, what gave me the idea that they would now?! Even If I called Appa I’d get the same hurtful words that my umma just threw at me. There was no point at all. I was alone in this situation, no one was here for me, except Dongwoon.

 

Tears formed in the corner of my eyes, falling down to my cheeks, staining it slowly. The tears burned me, it hurt. My mind was racing fast not knowing what to do. Should I go back to Dongwoon, where I’m happier and he understood me more than anyone. But, I’ve already caused him to much worry for me. He’s to busy, I can’t go back to him. 

 

Grabbing hold of my bag and keys, I ran out my home. There was one place I’d go if their was no one there for me to lean on. A nearby ice cream shop called “Beetom,” they sold my favorite flavor, which I ate when I felt down, sad, or angry.

 

I ran out into the night sky, turning right onto the next street. My head was looking down to the ground hiding my tears from anyone who could see them. As I turned the corner I spot Jong, out of breath running towards me, he was probably headed to my house to look for me. I hadn’t stopped running, not even when we had passed my each other. Jong’s footsteps came to an abrupt stop, he wasn’t running anymore.

 

“Key!” He called out, as I still ran towards my destination. Ignoring him, he was the last person I wanted to see right now. Not long after Jong had stopped, my hear footsteps running behind me, was he following me? I pushed the thought aside, not stopping for him, but instead quickened my pace.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I ran up the steps of the ice cream shop, stopping in front of the door. Shifting my body to be able to see who or what was behind me. No one. Jong wasn’t anywhere to be found, he probably got tired and stopped chasing me. That’s good, I can be by myself.

 

Entered the ice cream shop, the employees greeted me with bright smiles. I would have smiled back, but I wasn’t in the mood. 

 

“Annyeong!” the employee sang out, as I got to the ordering line. “Welcome Sir, what would you like to order?” She asked.

 

“Rock Sweetheart,” I replied, it was my all time favorite ice cream. Enough to calm me down when I’m angry or sad.

 

I walked off to an empty seat, and plump myself into them. Not long after, the waiter came by to drop off my ice cream. “Kamsahabnida,” I said, slightly bowing my head.

 

The ice cream looked delicious but, to bad my mood wasn’t all that great to enjoy it.

 

Before I could take my first bite, the seat in front of me was pulled back, as a warm body occupied it. I looked up fro a quick glance, curious who the person was. My eyes widened as my eye caught the other persons eye. I thought I lost him when I ran here.

 

My body was weak, and I didn’t care much about Jong. But, I was pissed that he was here, and I’m not able to have my alone time. For sure he was going to talk. Jong stared back at me and bowed his head slightly, before the waiter had come to place an ice cream in front of him. He ordered the same thing I was having.

 

“Key,..” He started before I could cut him off.

 

“Jong...Please just shut up...I don’t want to talk right now.” I said calmly trying not to snap at him. He bowed his head obediently and dug into his ice cream. He looked so innocent, an innocent nerd.

 

Jong and I ate in silence. The ice cream had subsided most of my anger, but I was still pissed enough to still give someone a beating. Jong had obediently been eating, not saying a word to me but, he would steal gazes at me or he’d stare. I didn’t mind, so I let him be.

 

Soon as I finished the delicious ice cream, I picked up my bag from the ground swinging it around my shoulders, as I stood up fixing my vest. In the corner of my eyes, I could see Jong watching me tentatively. He followed me out the door, and down the steps. Why was he still following me? That ticked me off a little.

 

Abruptly stopping Jong had bumped right into me, “Stop following me,” I began calmly but still raising my tone enough so he would. “Let me be by myself, all right?” I turned around and continued to walk away from the shop.

 

“Key,” Jong called out before I got far enough, I stopped in my tracks not turning around, but was still listening to what he had to say. “You were falsely accused...” 

 

My body winced a little as he said those words, but how would he know if I was falsely accused, “How do you know?” I asked as I turn around to face him. “You don’t need to know, it’s not important...You were falsely accused after all.”

 

“And what? I don’t want to stay in this kind of school...No one likes me!” I spat out, not caring if I was falsely accused or not, I finally had a chance to leave this school. “So why must you be in other business!”

 

Jong’s hand gripped my wrist before I could turn around and walk off. Why is he doing this?! Why must he be a busybody and get into peoples business?! I swat his hand away, “Dongwoon was right, I shouldn’t give up on myself because of you good-for-nothing bastards...I want t live my own life!” I yelled out, not directly at Jong, but pertaining to everyone who hated me, who shunned me, who would care less if I was gone.

 

“What do you mean ‘good-for-nothing bastards’?” Jong asked, as he pouted but had no affect on me.

 

“You dare say you’re not one?!..You doubted me didn’t you?!” I spat out. Fuming with anger, trying to compose myself from attempting to hit him. He was one of those bastards that doubted me, so off course I was talking about him as well.

 

“I...” he stammered trying to get words out of his mouth but, nothing came out.

 

“Look into my eyes and tell me!” I demanded, yelling at him. “When you heard Sekyung and her friends say I was materialistic and all the trash talking they did...Don’t say you never believed them because I know you did!...I could see the fear in your eyes when you heard them say those things!!” I screamed, he hadn’t answered or said a word. He doesn’t believe me, all he believes is everyone else. I knew it was to good to be true, Jong was just like everyone else that doubted me, like Sekyung.

 

“If you don’t believe me, then leave me alone!!” Anger took over my body as I said those few words. Jong reached for my hands but, I stopped him pushing him back a little before walking away.

 

“Key!” He yelled out trying to stop me, ignoring it I continued to walk. “I believe you Key! I believe you!”

 

I came to a complete stop, shocked at what he just said. Was it true? Does he really believe me or is he just saying it? It doesn’t matter now, I’ve already made my choice, I’m leaving.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey xD lol sorry for the small update, I'm really tired from today -_- I had schedule pick up for school, and my classes seems super easy. XD easy A for me, i just hope my art teacher wont be picky like last year >.<.. Anywho after I got my schedule.. i got packed for the beach, and picked up my friends, but had to wait anotehr 3 hours for my firends to get their scheds -_- line were long.. but yeah am i boring you?!

So yeah, Poor Key and Jong.. Jong already believes Key ^-^, but key is so hard headed! it's oaky I hope everything goes out well, anywho I gottah start typing for tmrw's update xD LOl MAhalos!

Comments are appreciated ^-^ Welcome new readers and silent readers if i have any XD lol and yeah pelase subscribe if you haven't, and yeah share it ^-^.. thank you! bye see you next chapter...