Chapter Thirty Six

Two-Faced: Annyeonghaseyo Yeobo

 

---------------------------------------------Key’s POV-------------------------------------------

 

After the incident at the diner, I didn’t feel like heading home. Home was a prison cell for me, a slave for Umma.

 

Although the night hadn’t turned out the way I had expected it to, Jong still managed to raise up my hopes on us. He promised that no matter what happens between he and I, we will always be together. Eventually it would be bound to happen the heart break, the arranged marriage, and everything I don’t want to happen will happen.

 

I slowly turned the door nob, trying to not cause any attention to myself, but I knew it was useless. Umma sat quietly on the couch, skimming through a picture book of various ‘rich’ people I didn’t know existed. She seems to not have noticed me enter the house, she just sat there smiling at the choices of people she could arranged my marriage with.

 

Umma never understands how I felt, all she cared about is herself, and her money. My opinions didn’t matter to her, neither does my future matter to her. She controlled it all. 

 

I walked up to Umma stopping right in front of her, she hadn’t looked up. She was to consumed with the rich wealthy people in the book. My hands shot out, yanking the book away from her and throwing it onto the opposite wall.

 

“You can throw these things away,” I said coldly, as she looked up in disbelief at my actions.

 

“Why?” she also said coldly, intertwining her fingers together and placing them on her lap, like the self centered Queen that she was.

 

“Because I already have someone I like.” I hesitantly said.

 

“Someone you like?” She repeated with a higher tone, questioning what I had just said. Umma stood up from where she sat, facing me. “Don’t tell me it’s your classmate, that penniless fellow...What was his name again?” She mockingly said, teasing Jong.

 

“You don’t even know his name!”

 

“Why would I be wasting my time to remember the name of a penniless fellow?!” She teased and pouting at me, twirling a strand of hair through her fingers. She acted as if Jong wasn’t important. To her he may not be important, but to me his everything.

 

“If he’s someone that I want to be with forever, then you should remember it!” I snapped at her.

 

She was taken aback from my response, her pale face turning to crimson. “I know now,” she started, her face contorting to anger. “You’re just trying to make me angry, you’re purposely dating that penniless fellow to make me angry...Just like how you purposely dress like a thug to make me angry!” She yelled at me, hauling a breath of air before continuing, “You purposely cause trouble at school to make me angry! RIGHT?!”

 

You’re Wrong...

 

“I don’t want to make you angry!” Tears swelled up in my eyes as I tried to swallow it away. Everything I’ve done was never intended to make my parents mad on purpose. Getting together with Jong wasn’t intended to make her mad, I love him, and I will not let her get in the way between us. “Jong really is someone I want to be with forever!..This time I’m definitely not letting you interfere with my life!

 

“I will not let you and that Jong stay together!” She screamed spitting Jong’s name in disgust.

 

“Why?! Why can’t you just accept it!” Tears released itself from my eyes, coating my cheeks.

 

Because I don’t want you to end up like me! Marrying a guy like your father!!” Umma sniffled, tears running down her face like mine were.

 

I was confused. I didn’t know what she had meant by that.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“There are many things I haven’t told you...These two years, you see me out there working hard to make money, and why?” She asked me waiting for a response, but received none. “Because I was making up for the debt that your Appa’s business piled up..We live just fine, and wear nice clothes...Do you know that I have to be like a beggar and beg those creditors if they could let us par out debts later...” She sobbed.

 

I had no clue, that Appa’s business was going down hill. Umma was just doing what was best for me, to help us out with the debt Appa had bestowed upon us.

 

“Just help me out this once...Can you find someone rich to marry?!” She begged, like a beggar grasping my hands and shaking them with plead.

 

“Appa’s business failed?” I asked, tears still running down.

 

“Aniyo, it’s just because he wasn’t being realistic, Just wanting to invest and make lots of money, so the business just piled deeper in debts.” She said in disgust.

 

It pained me to see Umma work so hard to get us out of this debt Appa had bestowed upon us. She was just doing everything to get us out of the deep hole that was dug. But, there were other ways to deal with it.

 

“I can live a normal life...We don’t need to be rich, and have all these fancy things.” I started. “I can sell my sports car, we can sell the house...And so that you don’t have to worry and over work yourself anymore, SELL ME OFF AS WELL!

 

Umma’s hand quickly shot up, slapping me right across the face. A stinging pain engulfed my head, soon as her palm met my cheek. My head shifted a little to the right from the impact, causing more tears to be shed from my eyes.

 

“How can you say that to your Umma?!” She screamed. “I married your Appa, a penniless fellow...I believed that we’d have a bright future...But then what happened? I lost my happiness for a lifetime.” Her eyes fixed itself upon mine. “The way you are with Kim Jong! That’s Sympathy not Love!...I can’t just watch you take the wrong path! You’ll regret it forever!” She screamed in anger at me. “Even if you hate me right now I will not let you stay with that penniless fellow, and spend your days miserable!”

 

She was wrong. Spending a day with Jong means a lot to me. It never made me feel miserable, like she had felt. Jong was different from Appa, so she shouldn’t be comparing them.

 

Why does she never care about my feelings? It’s always about her!

 

Have you ever thought about what I wanted?!” I yelled at her, leaving her stunned frozen. “I want you to be like an Umma, a real Umma, and Appa to act like a real Appa!”

 

My tears were now nonstop flowing down my face, staining it with salty like sea water. “You and Appa are never their for me when I needed you the most! Never!”

 

“Because I hoped you’d be able to face everything on your own...That you’d grow up!” She reasoned out. My whole life I’ve been growing up by myself, taking care of my own problems and never coming to them for help. Whenever they interfere, it always turns out wrong. She chooses to interfere when I don’t need her too.

 

“Do you know who I met today? Woohyun! The guy from Freshman year of college, you wanted me to break up with!” I spat at her with hatred. “He was full of hatred and threw water onto my face!...Because of him, and you the whole school says I’m a snobby rich kid!..Do You know that everyone shuns me?! HUH! Do you? Do you even care?!” I cried out, as more heavy streams of tears flooded my eyes, blurring my vision.

 

Umma’s face contorted to sympathy, but I knew deep down she didn’t care. “It’s all in the past Key...Appa and I are getting divorced we can start new lives.” She started, taking a breath of air. “Just as long as you leave that penniless Kim Jong, don’t be so headstrong this time!...If you don’t listen to me I will use every way possible for that Kim Jong to never get a graduation diploma!”

 

“I won’t let you do that!” I protested. Jong needs to graduate for his family, he needs that diploma.

 

Umma shook her head, glaring into my eyes. “If you don’t break up now...Just you watch, I will do just that!” She screamed in distaste.

 

I shouldn’t let Umma threaten me like that, but there is nothing I can do. She has more power of authority than I. I don’t want to leave Jong, I love him to much to let him go. Umma can’t do that to Jong.

 

But, There’s no other way for me to help Jong out besides to break up with him. If I don’t Umma will make Jong’s like a miserable hell.

 

----------

 

I strode up to my room, after the long argument Umma and I had downstairs. My eyes swollen from all the tears the filled it, bruising my eyelids a crimson red. I had looked more chinkier than I usually do, barely seeing a thing. My cheeks still stained from dried tears, that I hadn’t wiped off. The shirt I wore was soaked from my tears too. 

 

I sat sadly on my bed, a pink dinosaur doll sat beside me, reminding me of Jong.

 

“Pink dino...~” I trailed off, as tears started to from again stinging my eyes. “What should I do?... Should I break up with Jong?” My words pained me, as much as Umma’s did. 

 

Why was I thinking of breaking up with Jong? I love him to much to let go...Don’t be selfish Key, you mustn’t be selfish.’

 

Stinging tears, glided down my cheeks, as I reached over my bed, grabbing hold of the doll. Caressing it’s tiny body.

 

“He’s so innocent, and good hearted...How could I be like that to him?..Can you tell me what to do?” I begged the doll for help. “Please help me!...Why can’t you talk?”

 

I became a sobbing mess, crying to myself as I tightly hugged the doll.

 

I was afraid, afraid of the future...I was confused, confused of my choices and decisions.

 

 

----------------------------------------Jonghyun’s POV-----------------------------------------

 

I sat patiently on my bed, waiting for the clock to hit 12:00 a.m. There were approximately five minutes until then.

 

Tonight hadn’t gone the way I planned it. What I wanted to become a great night, turned to be the worst date Key and I ever had. He wasn’t being himself. He looked bothered since I picked him up from his house, and he never spoke to me while we walked to the diner, unless he answered a question I asked. 

 

Not to mention, meeting up with his ex-boyfriend Woohyun. The nerves of that guy, throwing water onto Key. I could understand where he was coming from, but the water throwing wasn’t needed. What threw me off the whole night was Key’s outburst after we had left. 

 

Did he really wanted his marriage to be arranged with some stranger he barely knows? Yes, it hurt me when he said he did, but I know he didn’t mean it. Here I am, poor Jong, trying to keep our relationship going, but only if Jonghyun was here, everything would be much better. Key’s Umma wouldn’t have to look for a rich guy to marry Key off too. 

 

Only if I could tell Key the truth about me, just only if I could. He wouldn’t have to worry anymore.

 

The digital clock besides me binged-notifying me it had passed five minutes, and it was now 12:00 a.m. of September 23. 

 

Key’s Birthday.

 

I held my phone up to my ears as it rang...

 

“Yoboseyo?” Key answered

 

“Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Kim Kibum, Happy Birthday to you!” I sang out into the phone. “Happy Birthday Key!”

 

“Thank you.

 

“Am I the first person to greet you?”

 

“Of course.” Key said in a weary sad voice.

 

“Key, are you okay?” I asked worriedly.

 

“Deh,” He answered his voice cracking, and then sniffled like he had been crying.

 

“Are you sure? It sounds like you’ve been crying.”

 

“Ani, I’m fine.” Key insisted, sniffling again. His voice was so down and sad.

 

“Okay then, we’ll meet at the same place tomorrow?” I asked, switching onto another subject.

 

“Deh, I happen to have something to tell you too.”

 

“What’s so important?” I asked worriedly. Key usually says everything he needs to say bluntly, but what’s so important about this that we need to meet up?

 

“It’s about you and me.” His voice cracked, then sniffling and soft whimpers could be heard. “It will probably scare you,..I don’t know if you could accept it.”

 

My heart rate sped up as anticipation engulfed my body. I was curious about what he had to tell me. What was so scary about? I began to feel paranoid.

 

“Key, what is it?” My voice raising unexpectedly. “Stop scaring me Key!”

 

Key slightly giggled, “We’ll talk about it tomorrow, I’m don’t feel well.” He sniffled pushing the subject aside.

 

At the point, my nerves got the better of me. I was sure that Key was crying on the other line, and I wouldn’t blame him. He had been through many obstacles today, that set him back. I was pleased to see Key that way, and I don’t want to make the situation worst by pushing the problem. The only thing I could do now to make him feel better is to let him rest.

 

“Arraso, Goodnight.” I said happily as I could, hiding the worry in my voice.

 

“Deh, night.

 

What’s Key going to say to me? I thought, as memories of earlier replayed itself in my head, like it was trying to give me clues, or maybe it was just what I expected him to say tomorrow.

 

“Umma wants to set me up for marriage,” His voice played in my head.

 

“Because I can only date rich guys!...If you were rich, I wouldn’t have to have my marriage arranged.”

 

Can it be that? Is Key going to marry a rich person? And not want to be with me anymore?.... It can’t be...It shouldn’t be.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aloha!! Back with another update ^-^ sorry if it was to short and rushed -_-...So Key and his Devil Umma gets into an argument about the whole arranaged marriaged thing, and about POOR JONG!... Umma is such an EVIL GOLD DIGGER! How dare she threaten Key >:O.. What will Key do? Will he stick with Jong, or not be 'selfish' and leave him for his own good?

Mahalos for reading ^^, Thank you to the silent readers, new readers, to my subscribers who stuck with the story until now ^-^.. and If you haven't susbcribed yet, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE!...COMMENTS are greatly appreciated ^-^ I love reading them =D