Chapter Fifty Three

Two-Faced: Annyeonghaseyo Yeobo

 

----------Jonghyun’s POV----------

 

“Boss, have you ever gone to college here in Seoul?” He asked, his eyes furrowing.

 

“Yeah, I...” My words stopped in thin air ‘wait, why is he asking me that? he doesn’t know that I’m Kim Jong, does he?’ “I went to school in Canada,” I stated, changing my answer.

 

Key’s face fell, looking at the pavement below his feet. He looked disappointed, maybe he was speculating something. “Then you must be good at speaking English.”

 

“English?...Ani, rather than saying going to school, it was more of a study abroad, like going on a trip,” I explained lying. “Because you know how we’re rich, before taking over our family corporation, I wanted to be able to enjoy a free life.”

 

“So...You’ve never been to SM University?” he asked slowly, getting curious.

“Of course I’ve been there...” I trailed off, realizing what I had just done. My lips betrayed me, it was pouring out my past without giving me time to think about them. Key’s eyes flew open at my words with a slight furrow in his brows. I need to fix this now. “I went there last year with Noona, and stayed for a month.”

 

His face fell again, “Oh yeah, why’d you ask?”

 

“Nothing...” He hastily answered, before going back to look at the floor.

 

“Are you done asking?...It’s time for me to ask you questions.” Taking a couple of steps towards him, only a feet apart.

 

“Huh?”

 

“You asked me questions, so now I’ll ask you questions that should be fair, right?” 

 

“Ask away.”

 

I nervously tapped on against the railing, coming up with some questions for him....Here’s one, “Why did you become a DJ?”

 

“I was schooling in SM University and after returning to Seoul, I worked in an ice cream shop for 2 years and then a company asked Dongwoon to sponsor a show...Woonie got me to be the DJ...That’s it.” He explained, his brown feline orbs looking into my dark ones as he spoke.

 

“That’s the guy that picked you up?...that...creative manager.”

 

“Mmm.” He hummed, “Yeah, Dongwoon is my best friend, we’ve known each other since high school and we were both from the judo club.” He explained. It’s not like I haven’t heard him talk about this before, but it was good reminiscing while he talked.

 

“Judo...I couldn’t tell that Almighty Key could be so violent.” I cooed, moving my head forward for it to be closer to his.

 

“I practiced judo for self-defense, but I’m not the least bit violent.” Lies! His words sent memories of him slapping, kicking, and pushing me against hard objects. covering my body with bruises. You’re not violent? I beg to differ! You used to slap me upside the head all the time, It’d be a wonder for you not to be violent.

 

“Boss, why are you looking at me like that?” At that moment, then I realized the facial expression I wore in front of him. A distaste one, almost and close to a glare, but slightly calmer.

 

“Nothing...” I chuckled, shaking the expression away with a smile. “How...about you family?”

 

Right then his face fell again, but this time a lot dipper. The subject obviously bothered him, my mouth opened to stop him from further explaining because I still cared about his feelings even if I hated him. Before I could stop him from answering, he spoke, “My parents are divorced...I came back to Seoul by myself.”

 

‘Then living by yourself in Seoul must be hard on you,’ I thought in sympathy. ‘Wait, what am I doing? Why am I sympathizing him? I can’t...I can’t...Get a hold of yourself.’ Scolding myself as I looked around, breaking the gaze that we held onto. The air was awkward, his eyes were glued to me like darts.

 

“It looks like lots of couples come here,” I said out of the bloom, after seeing a couple of couples pass by.

 

“Really?”

 

Awkward.

 

“You must really like that Best friend of yours,” I bluntly said, looking back at him.

 

“Dongwoon?...” He smile cheekily, “I’ve known him for ten years He really is a great guy...I don’t think there’s anyone that doesn’t like him.” So Key likes him. “In high school, he was already a popular student, I’m not good enough for him...”

 

I don’t want to hear this anymore, “And then?” I asked, trying to act interested. My head turned away, looking at the water out from the bridge, waiting for a reply from Key. Nothing came. “And them what happened?”

 

“Why are you asking so much?” He snapped, his facial expression tensing up. What’s wrong with him? 

 

“I’m curious...I’m a curious kid.” I giggled, pushing the concern for his tensed figure away to the back of my head. He looked at me, brows furrowed, trying to calm himself down.

 

“I’m still waiting, for the guy of my dreams to appear.” He hesitated.

 

Ideal guy? What Ideal guy? So Jong wasn’t your ideal guy at all? What was he to you? “You mean that your ideal person hasn’t appeared yet?”

 

“You can say that, how about you?” I stared at him mindlessly, not caring if we were only a feet away and he could see me staring at him like a weirdo...A jabbing pain hit my heart, as I recalled his words. He hadn’t met his ideal person yet, that’s why he dumped me. Jong was the real me, me being real, just in a disguise! Now here’s Jonghyun, without the disguise, but with a fake personality and attitude just to please you, and be the ideal person that you want. (Makes sense?) 

 

“I’m like you,” I blurted out, taring my gaze away from him and facing the other direction. “Waiting for the guy of my dreams to appear, he doesn’t have to be too pretty or to smart...But...He has to accept me.” I said slowly and feelingly. He accepted me before...Well, I thought he did. I turned back around to face him, placing my arm on the railing and resting my head on my knuckles. “If you were that person, would you accept me?”

 

“Are you confessing to me?” He sighed, with a slight smile.

 

I awkwardly let out a chuckle, fixing my posture, “Sorry, I’m dizzy...But for some reason, through your eyes...I feel like we’re known each other for a long time or something.” I confessed, going to back to stare him in the eyes.

 

“Actually...When I see you, there’s that familiar feeling too...” he confessed.

 

My heart skipped a beat, I know he’s thinking of Jong as we speak. He remembers Jong, he’s remembering me. We stared at each other for a good five-seconds or so before he turned away. “Let’s go walk around...It seems really pretty here.” He spoke up, not looking me in the eyes, and walked passed me.

 

I followed closely behind him, leading the way to who knows where. We passed my car, which sat alone in the parking lot. My eyes were glued to Key’s back. I miss what we had, I miss what we were, I miss...Him.

 

At that moment, Key had his own little “Onew condition” as he tripped over his feet. He tipped over to the side, which I got to in time to catch him before he landed on the cold pavement. His face was flustered, tainted red. His cheeks showed a vibrant color of red. He was so beautiful. We stayed at the position for a second, him laying in my arms as I kept him from not falling off of my grip. His eyes were beautiful, they met mine and it felt like we were looking into one anothers soul.

 

To my surprise, our face got close to each other very slowly. Only then that I noticed his eyes closed and our lips were only a few centimeters away from grazing on top each other. My heart raced from the scene that was going to happen, I’m finally going to taste those lushes lips after three years of longing for them. As I leaned in closer to close the space...

 

*ring ring ring*

 

My phone rang, causing Key’s eyes to fly open and hesitantly pushed himself off of me to get on to his feet. My chance was just blown away just like that by a simple phone call. My luck hasn’t change at all. We never met each others gaze while I quickly fixed my shirt, and attended the phone call. 

 

“Hello, Noona...” I answered calmly into the phone.

 

“Jonghyun where are you?”

 

“I’m out right now...”

 

“I heard Onew say that you’re having a party at home tomorrow...Are you going to ask that Key to come?” She barked in such distaste. Has she already met him? I doubt he did, but why does she sound like she isn’t interested in knowing him anymore? Just a while ago she was eager to meet him.

 

“Yeah, I’m inviting him...” I confessed, hearing her tsk at my answer. “All right, I’m going back to business now...bye.” I quickly answered not allowing her to reply.

 

After shoving my phone back into my pocket, the air around me became awkward again. Key had his back facing my back, and we never turn around to look at each other. The night sky was silent, and it was just an awkward moment. ‘Common Jong, say something.’

 

“You’ll be coming to the party tomorrow night right?” I hesitantly asked, sending him a slight smile.

 

“I’ll be going,” he answered, turning around to face me.

 

“Then you’ll have to get a really formal outfit...I’ll be anticipating it.” The honest truth, I hadn’t seen Key in any type of formal outfit, and I really am eager to see him do something different.

 

“I know...” he replied softly, looking at me.

 

“Well, um...I’ll take you back.” I suggested.

 

“No need, I still have something to do...You can go first.” Key bit his lower lip, and slightly nibbled on it.

 

“Oh...Is that so...then...” ‘What should I say? What should I do?’ “I’ll be going then...”

 

I gave Key one last smile, but not a whole hearted one, just a small hesitant one. He replied back smiling at me, his teeth letting go of his lip, making it stretch a little to go back to its position. I walked passed Key, and I could feel his eyes following me even after passing him, he shifted his body. Off course I didn’t want to leave him alone, and let him go off by himself. I wanted to stay with him...forever.

 

‘I thought that you’d be married to some rich guy...Turns out that you haven’t found your ideal person...Then what’s Dongwoon to you? A pitiful bug for you to fill your emptiness?...No matter what, I’m going to get you Kim Kibum.’

 

My body spun around, facing my cars door and also facing Key who stared at me fro ma distant. Before getting into the car, I gave him one last smile and drove off into the night.

 

----------Key’s POV-----------

 

Seeing Jonghyun, was just like looking at Jong. I needed to stop myself from thinking he was Jong, even if I wanted to think he was that dino dork, It can never happen. His car drove off, as I watch it disappear into the night, and only his tail light lingered before he made a right turn dimming the light away.

 

‘Knowing that he and Jong aren’t even the same person, why’d I ask him if he’s schooled in SM University before?...Key, when are you going to make yourself believe that Jong has already disappeared from your world, he no longer exists...Please forget about him, it’ll hurt you more if you don’t.’

 

----------

 

That morning I dug into one of my boxes marked as “memories.” On the very top of the box was another box, slightly thinner than the one i had placed it in. The sight of the box immediately drew me close to it, wanting to open it. I’ve never looked at it since the day I decided to put away everything that reminded me of Jong. I carefully placed the box on my bed, and slowly opened. Once open, the sight of the outfit sent memories into my head immediately. The day the worn it, and that wonderful moment on stage with Jong, and winning the competition. 

 

I held onto my competition winning outfit, reminiscing on the dance Jong had helped me with. Without his help, there wouldn’t have been any chance of me winning such a big competition, specially with the talented people that joined it. The kiss he gave after he had dragging me away from Dongwoon, lingered in my mind. He kissed me because he was jealous of Dongwoon.

 

I carefully folded the outfit, and placed them back into the box it belonged in, and placing the box back. I just needed something to get my mind out off this stressful week, and thank god I did it. Memories of Jong and I always seem to calm me down, and make my mood a bit lighter.

 

That night was Jonghyun’s company party. Dongwoon insisted in taking me, and off course I agreed to it. His my best friend, and when you don’t have a date, you’ll have to take your friend with you. It’s better than being lonely. I found a nice decent formal wear that suit me well, and Dongwoon didn’t look bad at all, he looked hotter than me. I was jealous.

 

Dongwoon and I’s skin ship should be lessened tonight. I wouldn’t want anyone to think that we were dating, but if they thought that it wouldn’t be all that bad. Since Dongwoon makes a boyfriend, maybe for the night he’ll be my boyfriend.

 

----------Jonghyun’s POV----------

 

I stared at myself in the mirror, smirking at how hot I looked in a suit. No one could pull this off better than I can, unless I’m proven wrong. I wore a white dress vest, tux, and everything was white. Tonight will be the best night, initiating my plan, and destroy key’s heart.

 

‘I one day I told you...That I can’t date you because you’re not rich what would you do?’ Key’s voice ran through my head as I stared into the mirror.

 

‘I’ll hate you forever...but you could never treat me like that right?’ I heard myself Jong answer. ‘I’m so poor and yet you’ve been with me for three years! If I had that much money, I’d be afraid you’d hang onto me and never let me go.’

 

‘If you really had that much money, I’m afraid I’d really hang onto you and never let you go..,’ He snappily answered.

 

Well, your wish is my command Key. I’m rich and now you’ll never leave me, you’ll hang onto me and never let go. I reached over for the white tux that laid on my bed, and swinging it over my back, slipping my arms through the holes. Giving myself one last look in the mirror...Damn I look good.

 

----------Third POV----------

 

Crowds and crowds of people entered the huge mansion, chit chattering with their peers and some already making deals and businesses. Juri and Onew sat together, while observing their guests interact with one another. Juri was very skeptical with this night, and Onew looked forward for it. More girls for him to look at and get to know.

 

Nicole stood around, speaking to only her DJs and sometimes getting hit on by men. Tia, Kevin, and Xander stood together, near their ice cream booth. Jonghyun had invited them to sell their ice creams at the party, since they were the only near by ice cream shop.

 

“Mr. Key and Manager.” Chunji said from the entrance who patiently awaited for them to arrive, and indicated Dongwoon as Key’s manager. “Hello, this way please.” Chunji led the two friends towards Nicole, who was busy talking to business men about their companies and jobs.

 

“Nicole!” Key called out, waving his hand to her. “Did you get here early?”

 

“Deh, I’ve been here for a while now...Dongwoon you’re here too,” Nicole said noticing Dongwoon beside Key, who’s hands wrapped around Dongwoon’s. Not best friend like, but oh wells, Key had nothing to lose.

 

“Hello,” Dongwoon answered, bowing down.

 

“You want anything to drink?”

 

“No thanks...I’ll get it myself later.”

 

From a distance, Juri watched Key and Dongwoon enter her house. “Do you see?” She asked her brother, who’s eyes tore their gaze off of a girl he was looking at and attended to his sisters needs. “It’s that girl over there...”She continued nodding her head to her direction. “That’s Ket that Jonghyun wants to pursue.” Come to think of it, Juri found the name all to familiar, like she had heard it before. Onew too felt like he heard the name before, little did they know Jonghyun had mentioned Key’s name three years ago.

 

“Who’s the guy he with?” Ask Juri, while Onew observed the before him. 

 

“They look good together.” Onew insisted, admiring how cute Dongwoon had wrapped his arms aroudn Key’s waist, and he hadn’t bothered to pull away from the warmth embrace.

“His probably the boyfriend.”

 

“Boyfriend?” Juri’s eyes widened at those words. Why would Jonghyun go for someone who’s already take? “What’s Jonghyun going to do then?”

 

“What to do? He’ll just steal him away! What else?” He scoffed, turning her gaze to the affectionate couple.

 

“You think...This boy is worth Jonghyun to steal?”

 

Onew took another glimpse at Key admiring his looks and figure, “Well, he looks pretty cute...Pretty good” He answered still locking his gaze at the Key.

 

“Cute? Don’t get deceived by his looks, he looks cute and good looking but his attitude is very much crude.” She confessed recalling the incident she had witnessed earlier watching Ket ‘interact’ with his staff harshly. “That day I was at the radio station, I saw him hit someone.” She snarled with anger, glaring from her seat.

 

“Please, Juri...Jonghyun’s been brought up by you, he should be used to it by now...” Onew said teasingly. Seeing that Key does look a little diva-ish.

 

“No can do...I can’t let Jonghyun get bullied by him, I’m going to have to sit down with him...And while I’m at it, see what’s between that guy and him.” She cooed, getting up from her seat.

 

Key and Nicole chatted away like they always do, while Dongwoon stood around listening to the nonstop chatter from the two. “You guys chat a while,” he said, after spotting a couple of sponsors. “I’m going to say hello to the sponsors,” he said unwinding his arms off of Key’s waist and moved along towards the others to make some deals.

 

“All right, you do that.”

 

Juri was aware that Onew tailed her from behind after she had left her seat. Onew was just there to watch over his older sister, before she does anything stupid that will embarrassed him and Jonghyun. “You’re all here.” Juri grinned, as she stopped in front of Nicole, Key, and two other female DJs.

 

“Chairman.”

 

“I hope everyone has fun tonight, we prepared lots of food and there’s ice cream over there.” She pointed towards three familiar workers, who were working hard to provide ice cream to the guest. “Please help yourselves.”

 

“Ah...Then we won’t be strangers.” Nicole said, nodding her head and made her way to the ice cream booth along with the other two DJs that trailed behind her. Juri smiled at her accomplishment in getting Key alone to herself. “You’re...Key right?” She greeted. Onew giving a light bow.

 

“Hello, Chairman.” Key answered politely, bowing his head slightly.

 

“I’m Jonghyun’s step-noona...Jung Juri...And this is Jonghyun’s foster brother Lee Jinki.” Key sent a bright smile towards the two people he had just met, not knowing what lay before him after greeting them hello. “As for being Jonghyun’s older siblings does it mean anything special to you?” 

 

“Special meaning?” Key asked, questioningly not understanding what Juri meant. “What special meaning?”

 

“I heard you have quite a temper and for the betterment of the whole, should you be changing that?” Juri bluntly sassed at the younger, who looked taken aback from her frank words. Onew’s eyes widened at his sisters frankness, turning all tensed with embarrassment and bad feeling.

 

“Even though I’m short-tempered, but it won’t affect my work.” Ke smiled politely, not taking Juri’s words to heart.

 

“I’m not taking about work right now...I’m talking about how you’ll get along with Jonghyun.”

 

Key let out a small chuckle, “Then you’ll have to see if the boss is to absurd with his employees.”

 

Onew could suddenly feel the tension that was not visible in Key’s flawless face. Although the tension was very visible on Juri’s face, Key didn’t show any slight of hesitation or retort.

 

“Jonghyun has a great temper, as long as you don’t harm him, he’s fine.” Juri exclaimed.

 

“What would I do harming the boss for?” Key asked playfully.

 

“I told you not to, so don’t do it!” Juri snapped, anger now fully visible in her exterior features. “Stop talking back!”

 

Key’s face then fell slowly at the sudden tone that Juri had given him, as if Key had insulted. He swallowed a bump in his throat that prevented him from speaking back with a harsher tone. Knowing that this wasn’t his home and he was just a guest he had to control himself.

 

“Pardon her, Noona speaks more bluntly so don’t be offended.” Onew asked for forgiveness for Juri’s little outburst just now. 

 

“None taken.” Key replied forcing himself to give off a smile. “I’m also very blunt and straightforward.” He answered, making the other two to nod.

 

From a distance, Dongwoon spots Key talking to two people he hadn’t recognize. Thinking Key could handle himself, he let it slide. But after Key’s face fell, he instantly knew that something one of the two had said offended him. He looked like he was biting down onto his tongue to stop him from saying anything disrespectful. “Excuse me,” Dongwoon politely said, slipping away from the conversation he was having with a sponsor.

 

Once Dongwoon got closer to the three figures, he recognized the two others that faced Key. For some reason Dongwoon slightly picked up his pace, and stopping just a feet away from Key. “Chairman,” he began. “I heard you two are the boss’ older siblings.”

 

“And you are?” Juri asked sternly.

 

“I’m Key’s best friend and also SHINee Love’s sponsors creative manager.” Onew nodded at his answer, understanding why they where so close to each other.

 

Juri in the other hand was a little slow getting the point, “Are you his boyfriend?” She bluntly asked, earning a jab to the side from Onew, who felt that the question wasn’t needed. 

 

“Huh?”

 

“You’re not his boy friend are you?” She asked again, not understanding what the nudge was for. Onew sent her another nudge, which ticked Juri off, “What? I didn’t do anything...I can’t even ask?”

 

Dongwoon and Key looked at each other questioningly, before turning back their attention to the two. “Noona likes to ask these ridiculous gossips...Don’t mind her.” Onew cooed, trying to lighten up the mood and cover up the awkwardness that lingered.

 

“Not a problem,” Key answered fake smiling again.

 

Juri’s mouth opened ready to ask another personal question, but was soon stopped by Onew who seen her action before she could execute it. “Oh right, we have really good ice cream here...Lots of flavors, you guys hurry and enjoy some.” He suddenly said, diverting their gaze to the ice cream booth, and slid away yanking Juri along with him.

 

“What?! I didn’t even have time to ask...” She pouted, and half glared at her brother.

 

“Why don’t you just ask them for an autobiography then?” Onew sarcastically spat at her. “Asking them like that, can’t you be a little more polite?” He snapped angry at his uneducated sister.

 

“How was I impolite?” Juri asked, not seeing how her actions had caused the awkward tension between the two parties.

 

----------Key’s POV----------

 

Boss Jonghyun’s older sister is really irritating. She has a lot of personal questions that she didn’t not need to know about. Luckily I controlled myself from bursting into a walking fireball, and shouting at her with disgust. Dongwoon let out a huge sigh catching my attention. “Want to get some ice cream?” I asked. His face brightened up with a smile.

 

“All right.” 

 

Once out heads faced towards the ice cream booth, three familiar figures stood out. It was Tia, Kevin, and Xander. I hadn’t expected their ice cream shop to be the ones selling for this party. “What a coincidence,” Dongwoon said, as I pulled him towards the three hard working employees.

 

“I want 50 servings of ice cream.” I joked. Their heads peeked up from the tubs of ice cream, and their faces brightened up as they set their eyes on us.

 

“Key! Dongwoon!” They sang in unison. 

 

“Why are you guys here?” Dongwoon asked.

 

“Our ice cream shop is working with your radio station, so the boss asked us to come help serve ice cream for the event.” She explained. I had no idea they worked along with us in the same company.

 

“Key! The way you’re dressed today is super classy, super hot!...It’s not the least like you!” Xander exclaimed excitedly, earning a bright smile from me. 

 

“Yah! What did you say? Only today?” I snapped, dropping the smile. “I can usually be classy!” I barked, reaching over the ice cream stand and lightly hitting him on the right side of the head.

 

“Yah, how is that classy?” Dongwoon said smirking from the side.

 

“Oh right! Sorry!” We chuckled, after realizing how un-classy like of me to hit someone.

 

The five of us quickly chatted over a cup of ice cream, not paying attention to our surroundings. The night just began and I’m having a great time already, well except for the meet up with Jonghyun’s noona. She was annoying.

 

“Welcome to tonight party!” A familiar voice boomed out from the stage in front. Jonghyun stood magnificently hot on the stage with an all white suit, which completed and highlighted his pale skin color. “To run a radio station, is my biggest dream...In the future, I hope that every company cannot only collaborate more with our company but also interact more with our DJs.” He said, gesturing towards Nicole and other DJs that stood besides the stage. “Get familiar with each other...HOpefully everyone will have fun tonight.” Jonghyun sent a bright smile towards the audience, which I was pretty sure could melt every girls heart. “Now, as host, I’ll be starting off the dance for everyone.” A smirk played on his face.

 

I hadn’t notice myself smiling, until my cheeks felt tensed. Jonghyun’s dark orbs met mine for a quick second before walking off the stage, and into the crowd. All eyes followed his every move as he kept walking towards the back. What was he doing this way? My heart raced heavily, while I watched everyone move to the side to let him through, it was like the red sea parting for Moses to walk by. My fingers were crossed hoping it wasn’t me he was coming to but instead to a girl that was just near me. the smile that plastered on my face soon fell, at the realization that their was no girl near me, and he had his eyes on me every time his steps came closer. 

 

My heart pounded against my chest a lot harder than before, my eyes fell to the floor trying to not make any eye contact with him, but the footsteps were getting closer, and shuffles of people moving to the side could be heard. Dongwoon’s arms unfolded themselves off of his chest, and one of his hands gripped tight against my tux not wanting to let go...Why is it so silent? Once I rose my gaze up from the ground, he was only a couple of feet away from me, he wore a seducing gaze with a slight smile. Why is he looking at me like that? No please don’t do this!

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aloha! I'm back with a long update-ish xD YEAH!

Jonghyun recovered from slipping! UGH!! This is the party scene! Stupid Huang, throeing his drink on Key! D=< I'd cut him if he was real...NO one messes with Key.. lol Atleast Dongwoon got his back ^-^ and Jonghyun's reason for buying the station is out, well everyone already knew except for Key.

Anywho!! Thankyou for reading and subscribing ^-^ hello to the silent readers xD LOl and PLEASE SUBSCRIBE if you haven't already! AND I ENJOY COMMENTS ^^

Now for some pictures: 

 

My Model (friend) in the pink Luau dress I made ^-^

Now for the exciting pictures!!:

I seen your cousin too......the Pigeon xD LOL

Yes, I ship Elvin too ^^

They are Gorgeous!!

Indirect kiss anyone?

I think I have to dump my boyfriend for her xD LOL 

I like the dance and I can't wait for SECRET VS. SNSD ^^

 

Onew Condition

BYE!!! See you guys next update! Remember to susbcribe and recommend the fic to your friends ^-^.. BYE!