Chapter Thirty One

Two-Faced: Annyeonghaseyo Yeobo

 

---------------------------------------------Key’s POV-------------------------------------------

 

“CUT!” the director yelled out to the crew. Yesterday I received a call from a commercial agency, and they wanted me to shoot a cell phone commercial for them, which I gladly took.

 

But, I didn’t know it was this hard to memorize and speak in front of a camera. My body automatically plumped itself onto the seat below me, as I blew out a puff of air.

 

“Woonie!” I whined. Dongwoon woke up super early with me just to accompany me to my commercial shoot. I was thankful that he came.

 

Dongwoon appeared behind handing me a bottle of water, “Kumawo.”

 

“This commercial thing is not my style,” I whined again after gulping down some water. “I never knew that smiling could make my body ache all over.”

 

.....

 

Just as I thought. Dongwoon had been avoiding eye contact with me ever since this morning. Come to think of it he was acting very strange when I met up with him, he had one of his serious ‘I’m thinking’ facial features, whatever it was it’s disturbing him big time. He hadn’t spoken to me the whole day and when he did, I’m get a one word reply, and I hate one word replies. Maybe it had something to do with last night, when Jong had pulled me away from him when he was going to...give me the prize. ‘THAT”S IT! It must have something to do with the prize he was talking about last night,’ I thought as the tiny light bulb above my head glowed.

 

“Hey, what about that prize you were talking about?!” I asked, looking up at him. His head snapped at my direction, tensing up a little. His looked flustered, as his face tanged red. ‘That was weird’ I thought. He never does blush in front of me unless it was very embarrassing or is a secret. 

 

“Are you happy right now?” He suddenly asked breaking the silence and looking up away from me. 

 

“HuH?” my face contorted into confusion at his off topic question. “Why are you asking that?”

 

“Just answer,” he sighed. “Compared to High School...Are you happier?” he asked.

 

Was I happier than back in High School? Well, everything had gone better for the past few months and specially the days. Something about my life now made me happy but, I just can’t put a finger on what made my life special now than before. All I knew was that yes I am happier than before.

 

“I think it counts as happy,” I said giving him a small smile.

 

“Is it because of that Dino Dork you talk about?” he bluntly said with a slight smirk.

 

Jong. He’s that reason behind all my smiles, happiness, and this energy I have now. Jong is the reason my life now is better than it used to be in High School. If I hadn’t met him, I don’t think I’d be as happy as I am now.

 

I felt my face burn up, blushing. The small smile that lay on my face soon expanded into a bigger smile. “Yeah,” I said cheekily letting out a small giggle. Why was he suddenly asking me these questions?

 

Dongwoons face slightly fell into a frown but, he managed to catch himself and turned it back into a smile. What was that about?

 

“YAH! Woonie where’s my prize?” Changing the subject, and leaving the awkward one we just had.

 

“I actually forgot it...” he chuckled.

 

“BWAH?! I bet you didn’t even prepare it!...You were just going to wing it like that and get my hopes up,” sticking my bottom lip out, pouting.

 

“Instead of a prize...I want to give you someone that can protect you, to make you smile, be yourself...” He paused a little, shifting his head to get a better view of me. I didn’t want to interrupt him so I just sat there listening but, I couldn’t help but think what he meant and was talking about. “You can cry when you want, laugh when you want but, you’ve already found that guy.”

 

The thin air was soon filled with awkwardness, I was speechless and clueless on what to say. He was trying to tell me something but, I just wish he hadn’t. Pushing the thoughts aside, I forcefully contorted my face like I as clueless. “Huh? What are you saying?” I lied, acting as if I had never understood or heard what he just said.

 

Dongwoon looked taken back from my reaction but, he covered it up very quickly. “Nothing...”

 

......

 

“Why do you like that Dino head?” he bluntly asked.

 

My face softened at his question, for some reason the question made me a little depressed. To me there were two types of people, the ones who dislike you and the ones who do. Everyone seemed to dislike me, except for Jong. He’d always try to be my friend, and I loved that of him.

 

You know because of my mom and dad, and ‘friends’” I started, air quoting friends. “I’ve become cynical and misanthropic, right?...” Dognwoon nodded as a reply.

 

I’ve never thought about resolving that...I just keep thinking about how to hate everyone...It’s okay that everyone dislikes me, as long as I don’t like them either.” I sighed, releasing the bad energy that clouded me. “Jong is different, when everyone treated me horribly, ignoring me, and shunning me...He was the only one who spoke to me, and tried to be my friend even If I kept on pushing him away...He never gave up on me, and he understood me.” I chuckled a bit, at how ridiculous I sounded. “He’s like a big blanket...When I’m upset, he comforts me, letting me hide inside to cry, calming me.” I know pathetic.

 

Dongwoon seemed to have understand what I’ve been saying. He looked hurt but, as usual he pushed it aside. “All right but remember...When that big blanket isn’t understanding, I’ve got an energy pump with me, that’s ready to give you strength any time.” Dongwoon gave me one of his winning smiles.

 

He truly is the worlds best friend. “Thank you, Dongwoon,” returning the favor and giving him one of my bright smiles.

 

“Have the Dino come out to eat with us some time, arasso?” 

 

Dongwoon seems to be making an effort, and wanting to hang with Jong. “Arasso!” There’s no way I would decline a day out with my best friend and boy friend.

 

----------------------------------------Jonghyun’s POV-----------------------------------------

 

“HOW ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE UP FOR IT?!”

 

Jessica and Tiffany’s goons dragged me to the dancing studio, after class had ended. I’m guessing Taecyeon and Junsu was one of them, I tried my best to get myself free but, they were all to strong to get away from.

 

Once I got in the studio, Jessica and Tiffany stood near the piano. There faces fumed with anger, ready to explode like a ticking time bomb. I had no clue why I was in here, until they began to yell at me, sending threats of venom.

 

“Make up for what?” I asked questioningly.

 

“Don’t play dumb!..If you hadn’t play the piano so horribly, Sekyung would have won!”

 

I noticed Sekyung standing in the corner of the room intently watching me get verbally harassed by her two best friends. I was stunned that she hadn’t protected me from them, and she clearly promised her ajumma that she would protect me, I guess the rule doesn’t matter when it’s her friends doing all the bullying.

 

“It’s your fault that Sekyung lost the opportunity to join SM Entertainment!”

 

The guilt from the competition soon bombarded it’s way back to me. I felt bad for disqualifying her, it was all my fault.

 

“Sekyung,” I started softly, shifting my gaze to her.

 

“Forget it,” she said coldly emotionless. “It’s my fault, I didn’t perform well enough,” She looked away from me.

 

It hurt to know that it was my fault, and having her blame it on herself. She would have performed beautifully if I hadn’t screwed up.

 

“If you didn’t perform well...What would you call performing well?!” Jessica snapped. “That half-prepared Kim Kibum?” Tiffany snorted in disgust at the name, not even hiding it from me.

 

“Didn’t think you’d screw up to watch that awful Kim Kibum!” Jessica spat venoms of insult. “You have horrible taste in people!”

 

I was speechless. Jessica seemed to have a machine gun loaded of insults directly at Key. “Did he punch the wits out of you, for you to fall for him?”

 

“Ani, you think so low of Key...He isn’t the person you say he is, he’s a nice and caring person.”

 

“Who wouldn’t known that Kim Kibum has his ways with guys...Did you see him run to the host after the competition?!..I’m almost positive that he and that guy~”

 

“That’s his best friend.” Interrupting Jessica’s rant. I knew what she was going to say, and I didn’t want to hear it nor think about it. Key and Dongwoon are just friends nothing more.

 

“Who knows?..A unrestrained, manipulative, like him...What won’t he do?” Tiffany scoffed, joining Jessica in the bashing spree.

 

“He’s not the bad boy you guys make him to be~” I defended, but was cut off by an anguished Jessica.

 

“You Seriously~”

 

“Forget it!!” The familiar voice called out from it’s silent little corner, making herself known. Finally she spoke up, my eyes plastered itself on Sekyung, trying to read her intentions.

 

“I lost today, also because my skills aren’t as good as others...If I really was good, I wouldn’t have been disqualified at and at least placed.” I was taken aback by her sudden downgrade comment on herself. The feeling of guilt dug in me more at her words.

 

“Sekyung~”

 

“Ani...” her voiced raised cutting me off. “It’s okay,..you can go.”

 

Not wanting to damage her feelings more than I already had, I cooperated. “Joesonghabnida,” I bowed my head towards Sekyung before leading myself out.

 

“KIM JONG!” Jessica called out to me, just as I reached the exit. “If you continue being with Kim Kibum, you’ll end up being hurt one day!”

 

I stopped dead in my tracks. One of the worst things I never wanted to hear now lingered my head. Goosebumps crept up on my skin, as cold air hovered grazing it ever so gently. A warm sensation shivered it’s way through my body. For some reason I felt as If what Jessica had said was true

 

‘Key would never hurt me, he would never do such a thing......right?!’

 

~Ring Ring~

 

“Y-yoboseyo?”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aloha! ^^ I'm back with another update, Poor Jonghyun -_- his having second thought about Key now... And Dongwoon lied about his 'prize' and seems like he accepted jong, or does he? Anywho...

Yup, thanks for reading ^^ Welcome to new and silent readers =D, thankyou for subscribign and PLEASE subscribe if you haven't yet.. Yeah that is all for now... Thanks