Chapter Six

Two-Faced: Annyeonghaseyo Yeobo

 

---------------------------------------------Third POV-------------------------------------------

 

Jonghyun impatiently waited for a certain Diva to arrive in class. He leaned against the pillar, crossing his arm over his chest. ‘Maybe Key won’t come to class today.’ Jonghyun thought. As he shifted his head to the left, he sees a slim body strutting down the hall. He immediately notices it’s Key, Jonghyun could tell Key’s colorful fringes anywhere.

 

Key looked straight ahead, avoiding eye contact with Jong who was waiting for him. “Key...” Jonghyun said, stepping in front of the walking diva. Key stopped glaring at Jonghyun, who opened his mouth to talk, but stopped when he got the idea that if he didn’t move out of Key’s way, something bad will happen to him. Reluctantly Jonghyun moved out of the way, and the strutting diva went on to class.

 

Key threw his bag onto his table and sat down, with one leg on the chair in front of him. Jonghyun followed behind, sitting behind Key.

 

“Key...” Jonghyun started.

 

“Aren’t you afraid of getting shunned if you talk to me?” Key cut him off, still facing forward.

 

Jonghyun opened his mouth to speak, but was then cut off again by Mr. Choi. “For this class, beside taking Midterms, everyone will have to turn in a report.” The class booed as Mr. Choi said his last word. “SHHH! Their will be two people per group, get into your groups now.”

 

Jonghyun turned his head to Taemin to ask if he would be his partner, but before he could, Minho had already asked Taemin. Taemin and Minho mouthed out ‘Sorry’ as he pouted at their direction. He would have asked Sekyung, but she dropped the class, she couldn’t stand staying near Key.

 

“Who doesn’t have a partner?” Mr. Choi asked the class.

 

Only two hands were up, Jonghyun’s and obviously Key. “Key and Jong, you two will be partners.” Mr. Choi concluded. 

 

“I don’t want to,” Key scoffed. “I’ll work alone.”

 

*RING DING DONG*

 

“Key!” Jonghyun called out, running after Key. “Why won’t you be my partner?”

 

“Leave me alone!” Key yelled out, as he turned to face Jonghyun.

 

“But,.. Key!” Jonghyun whined.

 

“Why do you keep following me?!”

 

“Why won’t you be my partner?”Jonghyun aksed not wanting to answer, Key’s question.

 

“You act like nothing’s wrong!” Key snapped. “Didn’t you hear them talk?!”

 

Jonghyun stepped back in fear from Key’s tone. “So? It doesn’t mean I can’t be friends with you.”

 

“You already heard about all the bad things I’ve done...and you still want to be friends me with me?! Are you retarded?!” He barked.

 

“I’m just being nice, and trying to be your friend! Why are you yelling at me?!” Jonghyun also raising his voice.

 

Key took in a deep breath to compose himself, “I don’t need your pity...” he said.

 

“I’m not pitying you!”

 

“You are trying to be nice and be my friend, If it’s not pity, what is it?”

 

“Because I know how scary it is to have no friends!” Jonghyun confessed.

 

“Not having any friends isn’t scary! I can live just fine by myself!” Key raising his voice again. He sighed before continuing, “Friends? So unreliable and fake..” “Once something goes wrong, it’s one man for themselves...What friendship? What righteousness? It’s all FAKE!

 

There was a brief silence between them, “Is it?..Maybe you been betrayed by a friend before,..That’s why you feel that way.” Jonghyun said softly, as he remembered when he was a child. “Ever since I was little, I had no friends.” Key looked up as Jonghyun confessed more about himself. “That’s why I want to make friends, including you.”

 

Key’s tensed face became softer, he couldn’t believe what he was hearing. ‘Jong really wants to be my friend, but how can someone as nice as him not have any friends since childhood.’ Key thought. “You’ve never had friends since you were little?”

 

“Mmm,” Jonghyun nodded his head.

 

“Aren’t you afraid that you’d be hated and shunned ... like me?” Key asked, softly furrowing his eyes brows.

 

“I am... But, I think about how scary it was when I had no friends.” Jonghyun confessed again. “I can understand where you’re coming from and how you feel,..You must feel really lonely.”

 

Key winced at the words Jonghyun had said, it was true, he was really lonely. “I want to be friends with you Key, so you’ll never be lonely.” Jonghyun gave Key a slight smile. He watched as Key’s face softened, as he sighed, and taking in a deep breath.

 

“Dino Dork,” Key said.

 

“Neh?”

 

“Go to the library, Saturday at 2 p.m...Don’t be late,” Key said, as he turned around and walked off. 

 

Jonghyun stood there dumbfounded, still processing what Key had said. “Does that mean we’re partners?” he called out to Key, hoping he had heard him.

 

“Neh! Don’t forget!” Key yelled back, not bothering to look back as he walked away.

 

Jonghyun was happy that Key agreed to work with him, and to also be his friend. He thought Key would have declined his offer and slapped him on the face for calling him a lonely person. He felt his heart calmed down, his tensed body was now relaxed. Jonghyun walked off the opposite direction, smirking in victory.

 

--------------------------------------------Third POV--------------------------------------------

 

Jonghyun stood still, reading a map backwards. He didn’t know how to read a map. He looked around the street, for any sign of a library, but there wasn’t a single sign. “Oh no, Key said not to be late.” He thought. “I didn’t know this place would be so confusing.” Jonghyun crossed streets and passed stores that he thought was the right direction to the library. “Where am I?” he asked himself as he read the map.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Key stood directly in front of the library, impatiently waiting for Jong to arrive. “This Dino Dork is gonna get it!” He scoffed to himself. “I’ve already said not to be late, and here I am waiting for that Dinosaur!” he scoffed again.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jonghyun walked back and forth near a bridge, still trying to figure out where he was, and where to go. He looked at his map, but it didn’t help him one bit.

 

*ring*ring ~ *HELLO, HELLO, Nareumdaero yonggil naessoyo HELLO, HELLO, Jamshi yaegi hailaeyo*

 

Jonghyun reached down to his pocket to bring out his phone, he froze in fear as he read the caller ID. 

 

“Y-Yoboseyo?” Jonghyun stuttered nervously.

 

 “Where are you?!” Key asked, sounding furious.

 

“Key, I’m Lost.”

 

“I should have known you would,” Key scoffed. “Where are you?.. Are there stores or building around?”

 

“There’s a really huge Ferris wheel, a lake, and a big bridge...” Jonghyun said into the phone as he looked around for more places.

 

“Gwenchana-ayo, don’t move I’ll find you!” Key said before hanging up.

 

‘He’s not as far as I thought he’d be,” Key thought as he hoped into his Camaro Convertible. Key drove as fast as he could, drifting down corners, and cutting off other cars just to get to Jong. He saw the dinosaur’s tri-colored hair in the distance, he can’t mistaken Jong’s nerdy clothes anywhere. Key stopped directly in front of Jong, who coughed from the debris of dust that came from the friction of the tires. His eyes widened at the sight before him, Key walked up besides Jong who still was staring at Key’s car. 

 

“Jong!” Key screamed. Jonghyun flinched at his name, and opened his mouth to explain why he didn’t make it. “I..I was following the map, and got lost.” Jonghyun frowned.

 

“Pabo!! Who told you to walk?! You should have taken the bus!” Key spat out crossing his arms to his chest.

Jonghyun has never ridden a bus before, so he wouldn’t know how even if he had a chance to do so. He always had drivers to drive him where he wanted to go. “I-I Don’t know how to take the bus,” he pouted innocently. 

 

“How can you not know how to ride the bus?” Key gave Jong a ‘are-you-serious’ look.

 

“I’ve never ridden a bus before,” Jong mumbled, as he looked down in shame.

 

“WHAT?! How old are you?! And you don’t know how to take the bus?” Key yelled.

 

“I’m 20,” Jonghyun said as he made the piece sign in one hand and a zero in the other.

 

“I wasn’t actually asking how old you were!” he tightened his fist ready to punch Jong on the head. He unclenched his fist as he sighed, and took in a deep breath. “it’s all your fault, the library is now closed.” Key leaned against the hood of his car, thinking of what he should do now.

 

*growl* Jonghyun tensed up as his stomach let out a loud grumble, he awkwardly giggled. “Mianhe.”

 

Key looked at Jonghyun who was rubbing his stomach ‘Maybe we should take a break, even though we haven’t done a single thing.’ Key thought. “Get in the car,” Key pointed out as he entered his convertible.

 

Jonghyun walked over to the car and peeked through window of the silver convertible, furrowing his brows in confusion. “What about our report Key?”

 

“Well, the library is already closed ... We’ll go tomorrow,” Key sighed. “No get it in, let’s go out to eat.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Annyonghaseyo, here’s the menu,” the waiter said.

 

‘I have no idea what to order, Usually Juri-Noona orders for me.’ Jonghyun thought as he flipped through the Menu. “I’ll get the Lobster Foie and Baby Back Ribs, make it medium-rare. For appetizer, I’ll get the Truffled Mashed potatoes and a seafood consomme. For dessert, I’ll get NY cheesecake.” Jonghyun said, and gave the menu back to the waiter. “Kamsahabnida.”

 

Key stared in shock as Jonghyun finished his endless order. “Dang anything else?” Key sarcastically said.

 

“What?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“Nothing...I didn’t think that a Dino Dork like you would have a good palette.” Before giving his own order, “I’ll have the Sirloin Steak entree, well-done.” Key smiled at the waiter as he jot down the orders and left.

 

Jonghyun and Key ate in silence, they haven’t said a single word as they ate. But, Key soon broke the silence. “Jong?..If you’re so poor, why do you order food like a rich person?” Key asked slightly tilting his head.

 

“Um... I read books about ordering food in a restaurant?” Jonghyun lied, it looked like Key had accepted it and went back eating.

 

After they ate, the check arrived on their table. Jonghyun reached down for his wallet and opened it. He didn’t have enough to pay for his meal, he forget he was low of money. ‘Mental Note: Don’t forget to ask Juri Noona for won,’ he said to himself. He didn’t know what to do, he didn’t want make Key mad, or wash dishes either. His face showed a worried expression, as he put back his wallet.

 

“What’s up with the face?” Key had asked, looking at the worried Jonghyun.

 

“Um, Key...I don’t have enough to pay for mine,” Jonghyun looked down ashamed.

 

Key let out a deep sigh, “Don’t worry, I’ll pay for it,” Key said as he stood up to fix his clothes, and walked to the cash register.

 

“Kamsahabnida Key!” Jonghyun stood up running over to hug Key from behind.

 

Key felt shivers run down his spine and through out his body, as Jonghyun hugged him from the back. No one has ever done that. He blushed a bright red, as Jonghyun let go. “Pabo! Don’t do that!” Key said playfully hitting Jonghyuns arm.

 

Jonghyun stared at Key, as they both walked down the side walk. Key felt eyes on him, he turned his head to look at Jonghyun, but Jonghyun immediately tore his gaze off of Key and looked the other way. When Jonghyun felt that Key wasn’t looking anymore, he turned his head again to look at Key. This went on for a couple of times until Key had enough of it.

 

“What are you looking at?!” Key snapped as he turned his head to catch Jonghyun looking at him, but Jonghyun snapped his head the other direction playing it cool like he never had looked at Key.

 

“Nothing,” Jonghyun said as he kept on walking, while Key had stopped.

 

Key stared at Jonghyun’s back, “Dino.”

 

“Huh?” Jonghyun spun around to look at Key.

 

“Why’d you come to Seoul for school? Where’s your parents?” Key asked.

 

“My parents passed away when I was a kid, I wanted to come out and live it up,” he confessed. Jonghyun sighed before going on. “So I did some work-study, and came to Seoul for school.”

 

Key giggled a bit before answering, “An idiot like you coming to make a living, it’d be a miracle enough for you to not get cheated.” Key scoffed.

 

Jonghyun smiled, and looked up at the night sky, “Even if I get cheated, it’s all right ... at least I made lots of friends.” He sighed, “This is the first time I knew what it felt like to have friends, it’s fun to have friends even though some make fun of you ... It’s better than not having friends at all.” He looked at Key’s emotionless face, “Without friends, it really feel pitiful and really boring.”

 

Key listened emotionlessly as Jonghyun spoke, he had a point. He breathed in before saying, “You said you’ve never had any friends since you were little ... Why?”

 

“Because ... because...~” Jonghyun thought of something to say. ‘I can’t tell Key that it’s because out family is wealthy, and that Juri noona is over protective, she never allowed me to make friends,’ he thought.

 

“Why?” Key said as he stopped next to Jonghyun.

 

“Cause I’m poor...Who wants to be friends with me?” I lied right away, saying whatever popped into mind.

 

“True, who would be friends with you...You can’t even pay for your own meal,” Key scoffed before adding on. “I should stay far away from you,” he said jokingly.

 

“Yeah, like how you stayed far away from that bankrupt boyfriend...” Jonghyun trailed off, stopping as he realized what he had said. ‘PABO! why’d you say that?’

 

Key looked away from Jonghyun after what he said, he felt horrible as memories drowned his mind.

 

“Mianhe Key,” Jonghyun said looking at Key’s empty eyes.

 

“You don’t have to be...because you’re right,” Key swallowed the lump that formed in his throat. “I did dump him.”

 

“So it was true?”

 

Key looked Jonghyun straight in the eye, “Neh.”

 

Jonghyun’s body felt weak, he couldn’t believe what Sekyung and her goons had said were all true. Key didn’t date penniless people, like Jong. He only dated rich wealthy people. At that moment Jonghyun didn’t feel like being Jong, he wanted to be Jonghyun. He wanted Key so bad, and it just pained his heart to know Key can’t date poor people, which he is now. “So, you could never date a penniless person?”

 

“What’s it to you?” Key said as he furrowed his eye brows.

 

“Did he not bring you happiness?” Jonghyun said.

 

Key grabbed hold of Jonghyun’s suspenders, “Shut up! or I’ll punch you!” Key yelled lifting up his clenched fist.

 

Jonghyun just jumped in shock as Key grabbed his suspenders. “One more question.”

 

Key let go of Jonghyun, who then straightened out his shirt after being let go from the vile grip. “If a penniless person can’t be your boyfriend, at least a friend is all right though right?” Jonghyun asked, but more like pleaded.

 

“Who wants to be my friend?” Key said matter-of-factly, as he started to walk.

 

“ME!” Jonghyun called out, running to Key’s side.

 

“Tomorrow, same time, meet me at the school entrance and I’ll take you to the library... Don’t be late,” Key reminded him, as he entered his car.

 

“Arasso, but aren’t you gonna drop me home?” Jonghyun asked worriedly.

 

“AIGOO! Fine get in!”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Six!...I use 8pages of paper to right one whole chapter >.<... So like I'm running out of ideas xd LOL writers block already! but I'll try to make up, I probably won't update tonight LOL updating two times a day is hard work xD.. so yeah As much as I lvoe to update two times a day, I'll only update once a day or every other day, to make it longer xD LOl it's gonna end really fast if I keep updating... anywho THANK YOU FOR READING! I appreciate it... Pelase share again ^-^ Mahalos^-^