One Wish

Just one wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was discharged the next day like how my mother had said. She came to pick me up and our conversations were short and carried no smiles.

I sat in the front passenger seat and I had my eyes focused on the window next to me. I was feeling tired due to the lack of sleep, and my eyes were probably swollen and puffy red.

Once we've returned home after the 40 minutes drive. I made my way inside the house following my mother. I didn't expect anyone to be at home at this time but I was wrong because as we entered through the door, my eyes met someone's at the stairs. Minho paused in his steps in the stairs as he saw my mother and I. He was in his casual clothes and on one of his hands he was holding his cellphone.

"Minho, are you ready?" I suddenly see and hear Dae Jung come out from the living room. He was in also in his casual cothes as well. I guessed he was not working today and by the looks of it, it seemed he and Minho were about to head out.

I didn't say anything nor kept my eyes on Minho's as I slowly made my way up the stairs. I was still unsure how I was feeling about him, sure yesterday I was so angry at him for telling me to lie to our parents, but he was doing that to protect the person who he loved. This was really digging my head in and all I wanted was to quickly lie down and catch up on some sleep.

As I headed up stairs the last thing I heard from Dae Jung was him telling my mother that Minho's booked appointment to see the psychiatrist would take a while and that they might be home late.

 

~~~

 

I felt so warm, loved and happy in my dream. I was in a field filled with various types of beautiful flowers and it somehow reminded me of a similiar park I've been to but this beautiful field extended so wide that it doesn't seem to have an end.

The sun felt so nice on my skin and I closed my eyes to take in this warm feeling. Due to these past few months I knew I had been so out of it, I had been so drained and I felt like I wasn't even myself anymore which was why I liked this, this felt like I was re-energizing myself and it seemed to be working as I felt so carefree and nothing worried me at this moment.

 

"Are you happy?"

 

A voice spoke softly causing me to opened up my eyes. There was no one around but the voice sounded so near and familiar.

 

"Are you happy?"

 

I spun around to face nothingness but a never ending field with me in it. Who was this person and why was it asking me that question on repeat.

I slowly took steps and began to walk away, taking any direction in this field just as long as I could get away from whoever was following me, but somehow wasn't because no one was behind me.

 

"Hara" I heard the familiar voice called.

 

I could recognize that voice, I know that voice, that voice which carried so much pain and sadness, the voice which belonged to Minho's.

"Oppa?" I turned and I finally see someone on this field.

 

I see Minho standing a few feet away.

 

I make haste steps and approached him, Minho looked like his old self, his hair was long, his eyes mirrored what he felt inside his heart, he was the sad and lifeless Minho I used to know.

 

"Why won't you wake me up?" I heard him say with a pained expression shown.

 

"I'm sorry" This was the only thing I could tell him before I pulled back to reality.

 

~~~

 

I sat in the dinner table with my parents and Minho. We were all here, finally but no one spoke a word because things were so different.

I stared at Minho who sat across from me, he had his eyes glued to his plate of food and he chewed slowly. It was so weird seeing him now after I've had that dream with him in it. I don't remember much about what we talked about in the dream but I just remember that he was in it.

"Remember to take your medication, you understood what the doctor had said-" I hear Dae Jung say as he watched Minho who was about to leave after finishing his food.

"I will" I hear Minho says quickly cutting his worried father off as he made his way towards the kitchen.

"And remember you need to keep your stress levels low, so if you have anything that's troubling you, you need to talk to me because I will help you. Or else your symptoms would worsen." I watched as my father say loudly as he stared at the direction to the kitchen with so much worry and soon I hear my father let out a stressed sigh.

I couldn't help but pity Dae Jung so much. He already lost one child and by the looks of it, he couldn't seem to help the only one he has left. I know the 15 year old Minho probably hated on being told what to do, because he was beginning to show a hint of attitude through his voice. But he's got to understand that his father was just worried about him. His disorder was probably not surfacing at this moment, but he was dignosed with it before the accident therefore it was something he needs to get used to or to make adjustments to.

"Hara, I have to speak to you about something after dinner, so remain here for a while." My mother's voice forced me to direct my gaze away from my fathers and to focus on hers.

I lightly nodded and continued to eat my food with the spoon I had to use instead of chopsticks because of my broken hand.

I had a slight clue as to what the matter my mother had wanted to talk to me about, and that was something which I dreaded and wished it would not become a reality.

 

~~~

 

Have you ever found yourself dazing away during times which you would've least expected? Well I have, and it was during the walk to school. Apparently it was dangerous since my mind weren't with me causing me to not be fully alert of my surroundings.

If I had been more focused and took in my surroundings, then I would've noticed that someone had been following me.

 

"Hara, you know I love you right? And I don't know what's going on with you these past few months because you don't tell me anything"

"I don't know how but you've changed so much, you don't open up anymore and I can't help you if you don't let me."

"You have no idea what it's like to be on my end. Watching the person you love so dearly get hurt and not understanding the reason."

 

 

"What are you thinking about that you are totally ignoring me?" A voice startled me causing me to break out of my thoughts and to face a hurt Taemin.

"Mian" I waited for him to catch up and when he does, we began to walk.

"Does it hurt?" I hear Taemin ask, I looked up to see him staring down at my broken hand, which was still in a cast.

"Ani" I answered, feeling my tears coming on the longer I looked at him. Thank goodness that Taemin's eyes focused on the front and I tried to blink my tears away. I can't get emotional now, school haven't started.

Class seemed to go relatively fast and for once I wished that it could go for a while longer. As everyone began to pack their books and other belongings into their bags, I remained still and stared at the front of the class. I watched as one by one each student left and it wasn't long until I was left alone in this now vacant quiet room.

As I continued to sit there, I thought about the things that had happened this year. I still remembered how my first day at this sch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter