Awake

Just one wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't you think today's food is a bit...bland?" Taemin says as he looks at me from across where he sat. I looked at the food on his tray before looking back to mine, "It's a little different, but I don't mind" I answer seeing as we had the same food. "Right. I guess change is always good." I hear him say quickly, before taking a huge bite of the food. I couldn't help but smile at his reaction, he was so silly sometimes.

Once we finished our food Taemin sat next to me as he showed me some of the funny viral videos on his phone. We smiled, giggled, and laughed at the amount of funny things people did, it was no wonder they were a hit because they sure were insanely entertaining to watch. 

"So..." Taemin says, I could feel him shifting his body closer to mine as he clicked the next video with his eyes focused on the phone screen.

I waited for him to finish his sentence as my eyes remained glued to the screen.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come over my house afterschool today-" He says almost a bit too quickly.

"I mean to study, I know you need some catching up and I am happy to provide you guidance" Taemin stammers and I felt awful. He must be so nervous and probably still awkward around me, I know I have told him I saw him only as a good friend, but obviously it was going to be hard because I myself know too well about those feelings.

There was always a thought at the back of my head after that clarification incident. I would wonder if being friends with Taemin was a good idea, not that I hate him or anything. In fact I just wanted what was best for him, he was crushing on me, and me hanging with him at school must not be easy.

I hated how I am hurting him but I can't push him away.

"That is very thoughtful of you. Thank you for the offer." I looked up and faced him. It was so hard to look him in the eyes because I didn't want to say the next part. I know he will be hurt from it.

"But, I have to go the hospital to visit my brother: I'm sorry, I hope you will understand."

Taemin's half dissapointed and half hurt expression presented and not long after he furrowed his eyebrows. "What is wrong with your brother? It's not something serious is it? And of course I don't mind."

"He's been in an accident, but I think he will be fine because the doctor said he will make a full recovery." I answered, and the bell went off for classtime. Taemin walked me to class despite I had told him not, but he was so insisting that I gave up.

We approached the entrance to the classroom and I was about to bid him goodbye seeing as this was the last time I would see him. He didn't say anything except it seemed like he was in deep thought.

I was about to turn and head into the class but I was stopped due to him taking a grasp onto my arm.

"Do you want to hangout this weekend?" He says, looking into my eyes with his pair of gentle eyes.

I didn't say anything as I thought about if hanging out with him was a good idea or not. I didn't want to give him false hope and make him feel worse as he was feeling now. But we were friends aren't we? We are allowed to hang out without hurting one another.

I've realized that my pause was a bit too long and that Taemin took it as the answer. He lets go of me and I see him looking at elsewhere.

"Sorry, you probably have plans this week. I will see you next week" I felt horrible, watching him show me a smile that was not from his heart because he was hurting inside and it's all because of me. Taemin doesn't say anything else and he leaves while I stare at his back watching him walk further and further away.

"What am I doing." I whispered out, I didn't know how I was going to fix this, to fix my relationship with Taemin.

 

~~~

 

Minho's condition was improving. I knew he was more awake than yesterday because he was sitting up on his bed as I watched him through t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter