Past and Present

Just one wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hara!" A familiar voice echoed through the hallways.

 

I paused in my steps and turned around in haste only to face an empty hallway. My eager heart was thumping in my chest as I tried to calm it down.

 

"I forgot. He doesn't come to this school anymore." I continued to stand in the middle of the hallway as I recalled the times YoSeob would either call out my name from behind or would throw his arms around me, surprising me in the process.

 

I let out a small sigh as my eyes dropped to the ground. It was so painful to live through these memories.

 

Since I was early to school I decided to head to the library to see if Dongwoon was around. I didn't really want to wait in class since it would only take me back to the old days where Key and YoSeob were still with me.

As I looked around the library there weren't much students around so locating Dongwoon was probably not going to take long.

Once I found Dongwoon who was seated on floor in one of the book aisles reading a book I made my way towards him and sat next to him. I expected him to say something but he only looked over towards me with an blank expression for about 3 seconds before going back to his book.

"Hi" I greeted, looking at his side profile. Dongwoon was still not responding as he flipped to the next page.

"What are you reading?" I questioned, seeing as he was not going to respond I might as well start a conversation on the thing he likes.

"The Brave New-" Seeing as he was not answering, I started to read the words in the front cover of the book. But I was cut off due to him slamming the book shut and staring at me intensly.

"What are you doing?" He finally speaks, not looking one bit happy to be talking to me in the library, or talking to me in general it seems.

I gave him a small smile and shrugged my shoulders "I really don't know, I guess I am bored"

"You're lonely. You don't have YoSeob to talk to, you don't have Key to argue with, and you don't want to bother Taemin." He was so harsh with the words, I was in wrong I admit, since I disturbed him and his reading time. But I was needing someone to talk to.

"So have you sorted out the issue regarding Taemin?" He asked, he could probably see my sad pout on my face.

I nodded my head and unfolded my legs, letting them stretch out while I made myself comfortable leaning on the shelves like Dongwoon.

"I really didn't know he felt that way about me." Dongwoon scoffed at my response making me look at him.

"How long did you took notice he had feelings for me?" I asked in curiosity. Dongwoon was smart but he was also very alert to things around him it looks like. I was jealous that he had ability to sense or see those things because I was lacking so much in that department.

"For a while. When you and Key got together." Dongwoon answered, followed by reaching out for his school bag and standing up.

His revelation took me by surprise since not long ago during the Jeju trip Key did tell me the signs he saw. But I had no idea that he was right, instead I thought Key was only doing that out of jealousy.

"You know. You should really stop thinking about the past" I thought Dongwoon was gone, but he was still here, looking down at me.

"It won't change anything, you either accept it and move on or you stay remain stuck and get hurt" His words hit me and he was right. I should really move on, because me constantly thinking about my past actions and the people who are now gone from my life was not going to make me feel any better.

 

It was the last class till home time as I glanced over to the hung clock. I was suprised that the day was almost finished and I was actually concentrating in class. My mind had been me so busy thinking about Minho and his recovery these past weeks that I wasn't sure when I was going to be at ease.

Once the bell goes off, I began to tidy my books and load them onto my schoolbag. I was almost done and before I could stand up to go, I could sense someone standing to my right staring down at me.

"Remember you have the study group to attend to, so I better hope you did not forget and attend straight after this." My teacher says, looking at me for reassurance that I will start attending again since I had put it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter