Change

Just one wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things were far from being back to normal.

My mother has decided to take leave from work for a longer duration despite being away from work for almost a week already. She has been keeping an eye on me I could tell, I was confused as to why she was so paranoid about me disappearing because I have told her a thousand times I was not going anywhere.

Dae Jung's rarely home, I could tell he has been juggling his work and going to see Minho.

Visiting Minho was something he told my mother, who she told me and all I know was that Minho has been moved to an apartment that he recides in for the time being. I don't get answers when I ask about Minho's condition because my mother would ignore them or just direct my attention to something else. I was angry that she's keeping this from me, it's as if she's doing this to punish me because I did do the same thing to her by ignoring her phone calls. But I have every right to know what's happening with Minho didn't I? We are family aren't we? We are supposed to be there for eachother and help each other out, are we supposed to not?

My relationship with Key was slowly faltering. After that wake up call, he's been a bit distant. I think maybe it's just in my head, but I could still feel uneasiness from him. He doesn't say much, nor laugh like he used to and this wasn't coming from me only, YoSeob could see the changes too.

"What is going on with you guys? Did something blew up or what?" YoSeob pulled me aside while we were walking towards the cafeteria for lunch. Key kept walking ahead without looking back at us and I felt my heart ache seeing him like this.

"Are you going to tell me or not? Because he isn't really talking to me either and getting an answer out of you is so much easier than getting anything out of him" YoSeob pleads, he was really worried alright, by the sound of his voice.

"I think he wants to break up with me" I say absentmindedly, I didn't know what to think or do anymore. I did tell Key everything and I did reassure him that Minho was simply my step-brother and nothing more, so why was Key like this?

"W-WHAT?!" YoSeob yelled out in shock and disbelief. "You guys are not breaking up. Key is just being stubborn again, so just hurry up and tell me what is really going on so I can fix-"

"It's alright. You did enough already." I say, showing a small smile, I didn't want him to be the one to mend something that he obviously did not break. He did so much for Key and I already. I mean we are together is all due to him bringing us together.

"I can work this out with him, so don't worry." I reassured him, but he still doesn't want to just sit around and watch I could tell by his frown and worried expression.

"You're really sure?" he asked, pushing his face closer to mine, eyes on mine and I smiled. He was so adorable.

 

"Everything will be back to the way it used to be, I promise."

 

~~~

 

Key walked me home and I got to say it was the most painful thing I've ever experienced in my life. He walked mostly ahead of me and I had to speed walk a little to catch up to him. I was so frustrated and upset, he didn't dare to look at me nor hold my hand. I was just in my thoughts most of the time.

"Goodnight." That's all I hear him say when he drops me off in the front of the gate to my house. He doesn't wait for my response before slowly walking off. My mind tells me to stop him, because this was my chance to sort whatever was t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter