Solace

Just one wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho's P.O.V

 

I was emotionally and physically drained. The path I took in order to find these answers was something I wouldn't have done on my own. An old friend from the psychiatric hospital I was admitted to in the past gave me the answers, the answers which my so called father hid from me for practically all my life. What was he really thinking? That somehow the truth would not surface? That I would live life peacefully and happily not knowing about my mother and half-sister?

The Rubik’s cube that YuRee left behind told me that my mother was ill, she was admitted to a psychiatric hospital like me by my father. At that time she was only 20 years old. Her hospital information did not state when her symptoms began, however it was presumed she was mentally unstable after when she’d conceived me.

Was my mother unhappy? Could it be that having me was a mistake she could not foresee thus leading her to that state? She was with me till I was six years old wasn’t she? She was always smiling, she was loving, she was warm, were those memories false? Was she just putting on a façade? Was her love for me real?

“....are you alright?”

What about the other messages YuRee has left, that my mother escaped the hospital not long after being admitted. She escaped with a man, which YuRee was desperately seeking answers for, the man was her father which if I believe is dead, as he too was suffering from an illness.

"H-he's just tired, thank you for telling us the room number."

Someone tugged my shirt breaking me out of my thoughts. I directed my eyes to my left before meeting a pair of worried eyes. I almost forgot that she was with me.

I followed her to the room which we just booked, once inside I made my way towards to one of the two freshly made beds. I lay down before closing my eyes, trying to shut out any thoughts and sound. I havn't slept for nearly two days due to my mad hunt for answers. It finally made sense in the end.

"I was right, wasn't I"

You were right. Your family did not die in a house fire. My mother was your mother. She tried to hurt you, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter