Remembering

Just one wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"...I will stay here with her for the time being."

"...don't worry."

"she didn't suffer any serious injuries, so there's no need for you to come visit at this time."

I could hear someones voice and I knew who's voice that had belonged to. It was my mothers. I opened my eyes slowly. trying to adjust to the light to the room I was in. I could feel a slight migraine coming and my throat felt so dry like I havn't drank for nearly a decade. As I shifted my head to the left seeing my mother end the call in the process. She was in her work clothes

"Hara?" Upon sensing my movement, my mother made her way towards me as usual she had her worried expression on. I couldn't understand why I always made her worry, it's as if all I ever bring to her was this negative emotion.

I tried to sit up with the help from my mother. I looked around my surroundings and I knew I was in the hospital, the room was similar to the one Minho had stayed in and I frowned upon not knowing why and how exactly I ended up here.

"Sweetie, are you in any pain? If you are then I will need to get the doctor to provide you with more painkillers" My mother tucked some strands of my hair behind my ear as she stared at me.

"I think I am fine" I answered, my body ached but it was tolerable and the migraine was slowly subsiding it seemed.

I looked down and I found out that one of my arms, my right arm from the elbow area to my palm was wrapped in thick white bandage and with a navy blue cast on the outside.

"What's wrong with my hand?" I asked, looking at it but I couldn't pinpoint where the pain was nor identify why I was needed a cast. This was probably due to the painkillers I was on, it was numbing the pain. God, I didn't even want to know what was wrong nor want to feel the pain if it was this bad.

"Some of your bones were broken upon the fall but you will be fine. There is nothing to worry about so please relax." My mother takes my free un-injured hand in hers and held it securely.

"Omma, could I get some water?" I could feel my throat dry up even more the longer I continued to breath and speak.

"Honey, do you know how you ended up falling down the stairs?" I hear my mother asked, as she began to pour the water onto a free cup for me.

"Stairs?" I asked, but nothing came to mind.

"Yes, the stairs at home" My mother answered.

I tried harder to think back to how I ended up falling down the stairs but my memory seemed to be foggy at the moment and I couldn't even grasp onto what I did on the day. I felt so tired and right now all I wanted to do was to go back to sleep.

My mother looked at me and she could probably read my expression.

"Let's not think too much about it, you should get some rest first. The doctors wanted to keep you here for a few days, I will be just by the couch over there, if you need me call for me okay?" My mother says and I nodded watching her head over to the two seated navy colored couch. I guessed it was late already and I didn't know how long I was out because all I could remember now was me dancing with Taemin on the school rooftop.

 

~~~

 

I woke up due to the buzzing sound from my left. It was morning already and my phone alarm was going off by the sound of it. As I tried to reaching for it I've realized that I was not in my bedroom, nor bed. And that the phone buzzing away was from my mothers.

"Sorry, did that wake you?" My mother quickly gets up from the couch where she had slept and made her way towards her phone.

I sat up in the process and had a proper look around the room as I listened to her short conversation on the phone.

"Yeah, she's staying here for another day or two" I hear her say, I took it that she was on the phone to my father.

"She doesn't seem to be able to recall what's happened, nor how it happened. The doctors say she did not suffer any internal bleeding or anything so I don't know how she doesn't remember anything at all" I hear my say as I eavesdropped on her conversation.

There was a pause in her conversation and I assumed that my father was probably speaking.

"Yeah, I know. I am just so relieved." I hear my mother say with a shaky voice before hanging up.

"So I fell down the stairs?" I asked, watching my mother turn back towards me.

"According to Minho, it's what he thinks" My mother answered, sitting down on the edge of my bed in the process.

"He found you unconscious when he came home and he called for help" She continued, her eyes lingered for a while on my forehead.

Minho found me? He was the one who helped me? I found myself wanting to see him at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter