dust..a..lot..of..dust

Just one wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dae Jung!” I called after him as I ran downstairs to catch him before he left for work. “Goodmoring Hara” he answered, turning around to face me. “I see you still wouldn’t call me appa..” looking kind of sad when saying it. *oh he is right…I still call him by his first name, since I find it awkward to call him 'appa' since he isn’t my real father* I thought. “Mianhae...I will try calling you appa from now on then” I smiled at him, Dae Jung who is always kind to me, treated me like I was her real daughter, I should at least treat him with respect and call him appa.

“Was there something you needed Hara?” he asked while staring at his watch. “I just wanted to ask, is it necessary for me to get picked up and getting dropped off to school and from school everyday?” I answered.

"I thought it would be best since you are new to the roads around here, you might get lost. But if you want to walk to school then I am not stopping you, just grab one of the key cards in that draw. That key card will open the gate and this door for y- sorry Hara I am going to be late so ask your brother if you have more questions, bye honey” he walked out of the house. “Bye!“ I waved at him then turned around to see my mother running past me after Dae Jung shouting “Bye sweetie, have fun at school!” I walked up to the door and closed it. You may think why my mother leave at the exact same time as Dae Jung, I mean appa. That’s because they are working in the same business, or should I say its Dae Jung’s company my mother is working for. They met when my mother found out she get to be co assistant for him. Guess that’s how their love life started.

I turned around and headed for the draw, next to the staircase. I grabbed one of the key cards, who knew there would be so many pilled up in this draw. “Who would use this many key cards in their life, there was only 4 people living here and there was enough key cards for my whole class” I thought.

“Huh?! You work part time?” I asked again in shock. “You don’t attend college?” I asked Minho while we both were eating breakfast in the dining room, he sat in the opposite direction to me in the table.

“I don’t” he replied.

“Why not?…” I continued to ask more about it.

“It’s a bother” he replied after a long silence.

*A bother? what could possibly bother him?* I thought staring at him eating. “What is bothering you?” I shifted my chair closer to the table so I can hear his answer.

“…people” he said, looking up to meet my eyes across the table. *huh? People bother him? Why?* I thought harder and was about to ask why but he suddenly stood up and said “I’m heading out first, remember to lock the door”

*Aish, why does he always leave when I’m trying to understand him more.*

There were many trees next to the path I was walking in, providing many shades while the morning sun shined down on it. I knew the path to the school very well, since I kind of memorized it when the man in the suit was driving me. I don’t hate being driven to school, it's just that I like walking and smelling the fresh air, I would choose to walk to school in sunny days but maybe get driven when there is a storm or on rainy days.

I approached the school and saw wide open entrance just like yesterday. Unlike yesterday I needed to look around and ask for directions, feeling uncertain and lost finding the schools office. While today I walked straight to my classroom feeling confident. The classroom was half full, since the bell hadn't ring for class to begin yet. I sat in my seat and got my books out. I stared at the empty seat on my right, “I guess YoSeob isn’t here yet” I thought.

Class started and there was no sign of YoSeob. I turned around to see if Key was here today. Turns out he was asleep until someone approached him and slammed his desk which made him jump up and shouted “Yah! Why did you do that for?!" Everyone turned to see what was going on.

“No sleeping in my class Kibum! Or do you want to pay a visit to Mrs Kyong” teacher shouting in anger at him and turned walking back to the front of the class and continued his lesson. Key sat back down and mumbled something.

Lunch break came and without YoSeob here, I guess I will have to head to the cafeteria alone. I packed up my things and headed out of the classroom.

I got stopped in my tracks when someone got hold of my arm and pulled me into the side of the hallway. It was two girls in the same uniform as me, one of them had long hair and was tied up, while the other had short h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter