Secrets and Lies

Just one wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As he said, or should I say, texted. Key walked me home or should I say it was only half way. He received an text message and by the look from his expression he surely wasn’t happy. I asked him what the matter was but he wouldn’t tell me. He said it was nothing. Like I’ve never heard of that before. Everyone knows that ‘Nothing’ is always something.

I frowned at the thought that he was keeping something from me. I tried asking him what it was but he shook it off saying it was something I shouldn’t worry about or need to know. My heart sank at the Déjà vu moment. It reminded me so much of what had happened to Minho and Mina’s relationship. The secrets that destroys relationships.

*Key, what are you not telling me?* I watched him walk further and further away while I prayed that he was really telling the truth that it really was nothing.

By the time I reached home my worried thoughts of Key disappeared when I saw Dae Jung’s car parked outside our home. *Is my parents home? If so, why are they home so early?* I thought feeling confused.

“Hello? omma, appa, are you guys home?” I called once I closed the front door behind me. *Where are they? They did come home, didn’t they?* feeling puzzled I made my way upstairs.

Once I made my way up the stairs I saw Dae Jung come out from Minho’s room and he closed the door followed by a sigh. *Is he checking up on Minho? Is Minho ok?* I began to walk again which surprised Dae Jung. “Hara, you’re home already? How was school? Have you eaten yet?”

I looked at him in confusion “school was-” at that moment my mind flashed back to the kiss. “-fine” I broke out of my thought. “You are home early, did something happen?” I asked trying to direct the attention back to him. “Yeah…and no nothing happened. So have you eaten yet? If not I can make you something” Dae Jung replied and let me tell you, he at lying. Something smells fishy around here. I frowned at the thought *He’s hiding something too.* “Okay, thank you” I headed to my bedroom to get  changed.

After I got changed there was no sign of Dae Jung. *He did say he was going to make me food, right?* I popped my head out of my bedroom door and saw no sign of Dae Jung or Dae Jung carrying food.

*Forget it. I’ll make food myself.*

I headed downstairs and walked towards the kitchen. “You sure he will be fine soon?” I heard my mothers voice once I was near the kitchen entrance. *What is my mother talking about?* I thought as I stood still. “I’m sure he will be. He will sober up hopefully by tomorrow” Dae Jung sighed. *Wait what? Who is sobering up? Did someone get drunk?* then it hit me. Minho was the one they were talking about.

I don’t even know where to begin to explain how I feel at this moment. Angry that Minho turned to alcohol as a way to escape his painful broken heart? Feeling betrayed that my newly stepfather had just lied to me. *Why does everyone keep things from me? I care about Minho too. Don’t they trust me? I am not a kid forgodsakes,* making my way upstairs I opened Minho’s door to see if my secretive parents were really talking about Minho or not.

I switched on the lights since I couldn’t even see a single thing in this dark room. The room was just the way I last time saw it. Except now instead of the sick, feverish Minho sleeping on the bed. The sober drunk Minho was dead asleep. As I approached him I can already smell the reek of alcohol.

*So my parents were right. You went drinking* I stared at Minho who looked like a total mess. His hair seemed like it hadn’t even been brushed for days and don’t even get me started on his clothes. They were even worse than Key’s uniform.

*Minho, why are you doing this to yourself. Why can’t you just talk about it. Can’t you see you are only hurting yourself more by doing this. Alcohol isn’t always the answer.*

“Hara? What are you doing in Minho’s room?” an familiar voice spoke. I turned to face Dae Jung, he was carrying the plate of food in his hands at the entrance of Minho’s door.

“Minho’s had an rough day so let’s let him sleep.” he spoke again.

I couldn’t believe this, he isn’t even going to tell me what happened to Minho.

“What happened to him?” I asked not moving one bit. Dae Jung seemed like he couldn’t keep on spilling out excuses anymore. “I know he has been drinking” Dae Jung’s eyes widened at my comment. I expected him to explain to me the details, but my mother stopped him.

“Hara come out of Minho’s room right now.” my mother stood next to Dae Jung and indicated to me where I need to go. “ARGH! You people are impossible.” I whined as I walked out.

“Hold it. Take this and eat in your room” my mother handed me the plate of sandwich which Dae Jung had made.

*What? My room?!*

“I am not a kid you know” I protested. “Room. Now” my mother spoke in her serious tone. *Gosh I hate this. All I wanted was an explanation!* I took the plate from her and stormed into my room which was across from Minho’s.

I lay on my bed thinking what possibly could they be hiding from me. But nothing came in mind. All I know is that Minho is drunk and my parents are acting like secretive, control freaks.

I don’t even know how many times I sighed as I laid on my bed. I heard my cell phone buzz from my table which saved me from boredom. It turns out it was YoSeob who texted just to remind me to ask my parents about the trip. “Oh great, this is just great timing” I spoke sarcastically. I text back him that I will.

After the text I heard my mother knock and asked me if she could enter my room. A part of me just wanted to ignore her but a b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter