Reset

Just one wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The doctors were rushed into Minho's room and began to help him with the pain he was struggling with. I could just tell that his head was hurting and it was horrible to see him thrashing around on his bed. It wasn't soon that he calmed down and that was due to the doctors injecting him with I assumed was painkillers.

Dae Jung has also arrived and he was confused and worried about why his son was put to sleep, despite receiving a call earlier from Mina that Minho has awoke and he asked to see him.

Mina was sitting down on the couch and she seemed to in deep thought while Dae Jung approached beside the sleeping Minho.

"There's something wrong with Minho isn't there" I hear Dae Jung speak.

 

 

~~~

 

 

The doctors conducted more tests and scans of Minho's head the following day. The results came back and it showed that a small part of Minho's brain has suffered bleeding. The small part which was involved in storing of his memories. That was why he was confused and frightened to see the people who he had never seen or met before despite he should've known who they were.

However the doctors knew the damage wasn't too extreme, seeing as Minho still could recognize his father and had no trouble with speaking.

"Minho, do you know where you are?" The doctor asked, staring at the seated Minho. Dae Jung was by his side while my mother, Mina, and I were further away in the room as we watched a fatigued Minho.

Minho was so tired despite him just waking up not too long ago. The cause for his tiredness was clear, it was due to his head injury.

"Hospital" Minho answers softly, his eyes shifted towards each of us and I could tell his sight didn't linger for too long since it caused him discomfort in trying to figure out who we were.

The doctor records what Minho says onto his clipboard before asking the next question.

"Do you remember what happened to you?"

Minho closes his eyes as he tries to remember or find the answer to the question.

"It's okay, don't push yourself, we can move on to the next question." The doctor says.

"Do you know who these people are?" The doctor asked, shifting a little to point to where we were.

"No. I don't know. Appa, what is happening? I don't want to be here, can't we go home?" Minho grabs onto Dae Jungs arms like he was so afraid of us. As if we were ghosts to him.

"Minho please calm down. You are safe here, those people are good people, they are family. So please just bear with this, the doctor is trying to help you get better." Dae Jung answered softly, holding Minho's hand to reassure him that he was infact safe.

Minho looked up at his father before looking over to the doctor and nodded his head, indicating for him to continue.

"This will be the last question" I hear the doctor say.

"Minho could you tell me your age" The doctor asks, staring intensly at Minho.

 

"15" Minho says without hesitation.

 

 

~~~

 

 

"He doesn't remember anything. He only remembers the things up to the age 15." Dae Jung lets out a sigh. He and my mother were sitting down on the chairs outside to Minho's room. Minho was asleep and the doctor said it was crucial that Minho has plenty of rest and sleep, as this will help him with his recovery process faster.

"So the problem is only his memories. He doesn't know about the things that's happened after-" My mother stops in her sentence as she looked over to Dae jung.

"he doesn't know about his mother and Yu Ree" Dae Jung continues shortly after.

I continued to stare at the sleeping Minho through the small glass on the door. So many thoughts rushed through my mind as I watched him. Minho's painful memories were mostly hidden away or should I say, forgotten. He doesn't know the truth about Yu Ree nor his mother, was this some kind of game? He has to re-live through that all over again. He was going to be so hurt again.

But, this time should be different, he was not going to find out.

Because the truth will come to him.

"Just tell him. Don't hide it from him again." I say out, my eyes still glued to Minho.

"Think of it as a reset, because you can make things right this time. Instead of him having to find those answers by himself, you can tell him everything." I really hoped Dae Jung and my mother were going to do what I had said. Because Minho was hurt to find out those answers through third parties, and not directly from his father, his family.

 

~~~

 

"Do you want me to walk you home?" Taemin asked, his smile and warm eyes made me smile.

"It's okay. I am not heading home, there's somewhere I need to go to." I answer while putting on my uniform blazer.

"Oh okay, I guess I will see you on Monday?" He says and I nodded.

I made my way towards the bus stop and waited.

"Did you hear about that performance that's happening tomorrow?" A girl in the same school uniform as me asks her friend, her friend looked at her and shook her head in repsonse. She was sipping on a juice bottle that was probably why she couldn't answer her.

 

 

“Just throw it in the bin, it’s one of those performances that no one goes to.”

 

“Key! The performance is tomorrow”

 

“I told you to trash that, don’t tell me you want to go?”

 

“But I’ve never been to these before, hey why don’t we both go tomorrow?”

 

 

It still hurt, thinking about the past with him in the picture. The memory and voices are still so clear in my head, as if it happened just yesterday.

 

I sat on the bus as I called my mother where I was going becaus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter