Memories

Just one wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a school day. I know it was a school day. I didn't care anymore, because I felt so exhausted and dead. I continued to lay on my bed staring into nothing while trying to ignore the voice outside my bedroom door.

My mind felt so hazy and my eyes sting so much. This was probably due to the non-stop crying I did last night. I could feel my heart beginning to ache again just by thinking about what happened yesterday. I still couldn't grasp onto it, that Key was letting go. He really ended the relationship and he was moving to the U.S in two days time.

"Honey you've got to unlock this door. If you're feeling unwell you've got to let me know, because how am I going to check if you're okay or not?" My worried mother calls, twisting my door knob a little while I remained silent and uncooperative.

"Please open this door. You need to eat atleast, you did not even touch your food yesterday. I don't know what's wrong but please don't hurt youself like this, so come out and have something to eat."

Why didn't Key want to work this out? Why did he have to push me away? Was this really something he wanted? To be separated from me, if so, did he even love me? Because it looked like I was the one who fell in love. Did he not love me? Did he know this was going to happen? Was that why he had his guard up? To protect himself from this hurt and emotions.

No.

That wasn't it.

He gave me the answer and he did love me.

"I don't want you to wait for me. I want you to move on and to be happy."

 

Key tells me to move on. I feel myself moving on, but my heart was still stuck. I still think about the times we spent together and those memories comes and goes whenever I least expect it.

It's been almost two months since Key has left. I have always had thoughts about how he was doing, thoughts about if he was settling into his new home okay, and was he happy to see his mother again? Was he attending school and being his old mean self again? Was he making friends there?

"Let's order our drinks" I watched the lips of the person in front of me move. Was Key happy? Was he thinking about me at times? Did he miss me? Because I miss him so much.

"Hara? Are you ready to order?" The lips moved again, and I snapped out of my train of thoughts.

"Huh? Sorry?" The state I was in before has been happening quite a lot it seems, I was so withdrawn from reality sometimes that my body is here, but not my mind.

"Oh I just asked if you were ready to order- Are you feeling okay? You were spacing out I think." That's what it was. I was spacing out.

"I'm sorry. I will have what you're having" I say, feeling bad towards the person in front of me. I mean all he have ever done was to provide me with support. He has been cautious, sweet, and simply there whenever I needed someone to be with me.

"Oh." I hear him say, sounding a bit disappointed.

"Okay" He shows me a small smile next to cover his disappointment.

 

We decided to roam about the mall. It was busy as it was the weekends and my shoulders and arms were getting sore due to the crowded area we were walking through. I didn't have energy to push my way through this crowd anymore, as I beginning to feel the pain kick in so I did the only thing that made sense at that time. To just hold onto the hand belonging to his, and hopefully he would just pull me out of this insane packed place.

I didn't catch his face as I held onto his hand and stared at the ground, but I felt his hand grip onto mine securely.

"That was crazy. What was that crowd about? I thought we were going to die in there." I hear him say once we were out of that fully packed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter