Key's father

Just one wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was woken up from my mother knocking on my bedroom door telling me it was already dinner time so I made my way downstairs. Once I was at the lobby my mind flashed back to the scene where Minho broke one of the vases on the floor. I blinked a few more times to correct my vision. There was no broken pieces of the vase anywhere.

*Omo, could it be?! It was really just a dream?!* I stared at the floor in shock.

But that didn’t last long until I realized that maybe my parents had cleaned it.

It was definitely not a dream because Dae Jung asked me what happened. I told him the truth of course. Minho was drunk again, but I didn’t tell them about the part where Minho was acting like an total insane person. We all know drunk people are not themselves anyway.

My parents were going over the wedding plans again but with me this time. I listened as I groaned in my head. Are all weddings like this?! With so many events, the ceremony, dinner, speech, the list goes on and on. I think my mind nearly exploded from the information. It was so troublesome and I can’t even imagine how much this all costed. But I guess that’s the price you pay for love, right?

I never thought my mother would find another man that could make her happy again after when my father had passed away. But I guess I was wrong. Dae Jung was the other man who brought happiness to my mother again. He brought a better life for my mother and I. He provided us with an better home, it feels like I’ve gained another father again. Though don’t get me wrong. I still love my biological father very much. I sometimes even wondered what our lives would’ve be like now if he was still alive. Would’ve we been this happy as well? My mother would’ve still been happy, right? Also I would’ve had the chance to tell him all the things which I didn’t get to tell him.

But that will mean Dae Jung wouldn’t have been happy since he wouldn’t be with my mother. Not only that but he would have been a lonely man with a son living in this giant mansion. It will also mean I wouldn’t have met Key then or YoSeob, Taemin, Dongwoon and Gi Kwang. Gi Kwang wouldn’t have been expelled. Gi Kwang and Minho’s and dark, painful past wouldn’t have been brought up again.

“Hara, sweetie what’s wrong?” I heard my mother ask in worry breaking out of her talk about the wedding. I broke out of my thinking state and my eye sight slightly blurred. All that thinking really hit my emotion button as I quickly wiped my tears away.

“Hara are you okay? Here, take this” Dae Jung quickly made his way over and handed me the box of tissues. *Hara you idiot. Now you’ve made them worry.* “I’m okay, thankyou” I responded trying to laugh this off. “Hara please talk to me, is this about the wedding? If you are not ready, we can postponed it” my mother asked in concern while she sat next to me. My eyes widened at her comment. She was totally getting the wrong idea of me crying.

“Ani, It’s not the wedding. I’m really happy for you two, these are my happy tears, really” I protested truthfully.

“If you are already teary at this rate, I don’t think you will last throughout the whole wedding” Dae Jung chuckled happily.

“Then I should bring this” I pointed at the box of tissues and laughed.

“Okay, I think you should head to bed now” my mother smiled and lightly kissed my head before packing up the files which were on the dinner table.

After I bid my goodnights to my mother and Dae Jung who were busy packing up, I looked back towards them. *They seem so happy together. I’m happy that things turned out this way.* With that thought I smiled as I made my way out.

The next day I saw the worried YoSeob approach me in class. “YoSeob what’s wrong?” Now he was making me worried too.

“I went to see Key yesterday but he wasn’t at home. His father told me he doesn’t have a cold.” YoSeob sighed and sulked into his chair.

“But he said that he got a cold” I stated feeling confused. “Yeah…that’s what I thought” YoSeob sighed again.

I looked over to him “So what happened when you went over? Did his father say anything else?” I asked.

“No. His dad didn’t even let me finish my question and slammed the door in front of my face. Gosh I nearly had a heart attack” YoSeob declared.

“His father’s that scary?” I asked. YoSeob nodded.

I couldn’t help but worry about Key. His father didn’t seem like the welcoming type since YoSeob nearly got his face flattened. I wonder how Key gets treated if his father treats his sons friends that poorly.

Taemin, Dongwoon, YoSeob and I all sat down for lunch thinking about what was the reason for Key to skip school. But none of us really knew the answer since non of us were mind readers.

“I give up. If he doesn’t want us to know then fine by me. It’s not any of our business anyway” Dongwoon broke the silence sounding irritated. “He’s our friend, of course it’s our business” YoSeob argued. I didn’t like where this conversation was heading as I gulped.

“If you are so worried then do something. Just stop sulking around” Dongwoon argued back. I was speechless at his tone. This was probably the first time I’ve seen Dongwoon raise his voice. “Guys, calm down will y-” Taemin tried his best to calm down his both worried friends but stopped since his voice was drowned out from YoSeob’s statement. “You think I didn’t?! I was the one who found out he didn’t even get a cold! So don’t you dare say I didn’t do anything.”

I frowned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter