Yu Ree

Just one wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I headed to class and thought about what Taemin had just told me. “she was…his girlfriend…” I mumbled still couldn’t believe it. Did it mean, she used to come to this school too? What about her age? Was she the same age as Gi Kwang? “good morning Hara!” I heard YoSeob called when he entered the class. The class was not quite full yet since the bell didn’t ring. “whoa, did you see a ghost or something?” he said and walked towards me. “huh? n-no” I replied and broke out of my thoughts. Hmm..maybe YoSeob knows about Yu Ree, since Taemin knew. YoSeob sat in his seat and I turned to face him and asked “is it true, Gi Kwang’s girlfriend passed away?” I asked. “huh? Why do you ask?” YoSeob replied while he stopped unpacking his things from his bag and looked at me. “nothing, I thought it was a rumour” I replied trying not to look suspicious. “no, she did passed away, I don’t know how she died though…” YoSeob spoke and looked at his book on his desk. “did she attend school here?” I asked. “yeah, she was in the same class as Gi Kwang” he replied and looked at me. “were they close? Gi Kwang and her?” I asked. “they were always together, so yeah…” he replied and before I could ask him the next question, he quickly shouted “Hara you like Gi Kwang?!” he said in shock and looked at me. Me? Like…LIKE scary Gi Kwang? What? NOOOO! “NO!” I quickly replied. “oh good, I thought you liked him” YoSeob said and let out his breath. “why would you think I like him?” I laughed at his reaction. “because you keep asking me questions” he said and smiled. “but, what’s the problem if I liked him?” I joked and smirked at him. “yah don’t kid around, ever since Yu Ree died Gi Kwang hasn’t been himself. Its already been a year and still…its like he is a different person” he spoke, looking at me with his serious and worried face. “how so?” I asked. “he gets angry very easily and he even bashed this guy up cuz he said that Yu Ree was sick” YoSeob whispered to me. Gi Kwang bashed a guy up just for that? But what did he meant by sick? “Yu Ree was sick?” I asked. “I don’t know, but I didn’t like her…she has caused trouble for Key” he spoke and looked at Key’s chair behind him. “Key? How?” I asked. “Gi Kwang, Yu Ree and Key went to the mall after school one day and Key was caught at the mall with something in his bag but apparently he didn’t put it in there…Yu Ree did” he said and looked kind of angry. “why would she do that?” I asked in confusion. “I don’t know why she did it, but Key didn’t actually get out of that mess easily…Key’s father is very strict and the next day I saw Key, his arm was all bruised” YoSeob said. “his father hit him? Was his arm ok?” I asked in shock. “I’m not sure how worse it was, Key wore gloves and kept his blazer on…but I knew he was in pain since he didn’t move his right arm much, god she was sick…I bet she knew it would bring Key trouble” YoSeob said in anger. I, who was speechless from hearing what YoSeob had just told me. “didn’t Gi Kwang know Key didn’t do it?” I asked. “he didn’t know and guess he believed the person he loved” YoSeob replied and looked sad. Just then I heard the bell ring and students were moving to their classrooms in the hallways. I saw Key walked in and felt kind of bad for what have happened to him. “good morning” I said and smiled at him when Key sat down in his seat. He looked at me and totally ignored me by going to sleep, laying his head on his hand in his desk. I still don’t get why he hates me…

“I have the results of your art project” Mr Seung spoke when we all packed up to leave for lunch. Everyone in class was feeling anxious to see what grade they got but I think one person wasn’t. Key, since he was too busy playing games on his cellphone. “come to me when you want to know your results, if not you can head to lunch” Mr Seung spoke and then the school bell went off. “Key, are you going to see Mr Seung?” I asked when I saw him stood up. “Hara, lets go to lunch, we will have to wait for a while if you see Mr Seung  now” YoSeob said and looked at the crowd of students around Mr Seung. “you’re right…” I said and saw Key head out the classroom.

I walked out of the classroom with YoSeob behind me. “you are not going to ask Mr Seung either?” I asked and turned to face YoSeob. I swear, I thought YoSeob was behind me…where did he go? I turned back and saw no YoSeob but I did see Key. I ran and catch up to him. “Key, aren’t you excited to know what results we will get for the art project?” I asked and looked at him. “no” he replied and walked faster. “I hope we get an A” I said happily. I suddenly remembered about what YoSeob had told me and my smile faded when I saw Key’s hands. He was texting someone I think. But his right hand seemed fine now. Why am I worrying about this? didn’t this happened long time ago? Guess my feelings for him haven’t gone away…

“where’s YoSeob?” Taemin asked when Key and I walked towards the cafeteria table with our lunch. “I thought he was here already…” I spoke and sat dow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter