Movie Night

Just one wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The doctor told me to wait outside of Minho’s room since he’s going to get Minho out of his soaked clothes. I stood in the hallway feeling numb and guilt strike me. I knew Minho wasn’t feeling well yesterday since he wasn’t acting like himself and I didn’t do anything. *It isn’t your fault, he frightened you in the first place, you didn’t get the chance to see what was wrong* a voice in my head spoke. *What do you mean it isn’t your fault, so you’re saying that leaving a sick person on their own without any help is ok?* another voice spoke in my head. The second voice did have a point and guilt hit me harder.

The doctor came out of Minho’s room and looked at me with worried eyes. “Are you the only one at this..err..home?” he stuttered to find the right words to describe what was around him. I nodded and asked how was Minho. “His fever has gone down but you should keep an eye on him for next few hours. His medication is on the table, if anything occurs please don’t hesitate to call” the doctor patted my arm before walking downstairs. I bowed and thanked him.

I headed back into Minho’s room, he seemed a lot better now since he wasn’t sweating anymore. His temperature did go down as I placed my left hand on his forehead to check.
*I should make something for him to eat before he wakes up, since he hadn’t eaten anything since last night…hmm…what do sick people like to eat once they wake up?*

Heading downstairs I headed to the kitchen and opened the cupboard to find one thing which caught my eyes.

Not long after I tried to make porridge in the kitchen, I went back upstairs to find Minho awake trying to sit up. I helped him and asked how he was feeling, he looked confused and didn’t reply. “Oppa, does your head hurt? Are you in any pain?” I asked while leaving him and walked to the desk where the medicine was at. There was one for fever and other was for pain. I turned to face him and his face seemed pale. “Oppa, please say something. Are you in any pain?” I asked in concern while sitting on his bed to take a closer look at him. His eyes met mine “what happened?” he asked while looking more confused. *Well, yourself was too stupid to know that you had a fever, oh and your girlfriend came for a visit to take more money from you, and leaving you to die but thank god the doctor came in time* I thought, but only told him about the fever and the doctor part.

“You should eat this before it gets cold” I handed him the porridge I have mad. *Back then I used to make it all the time for my appa whenever he was sick.* Minho accepted it and took a spoon full but before I turned to go his expression changed. *Is something wrong?* I thought.

Minho looked up at me and blinked a few times. “Is something wrong? Is something wrong with the porridge?” I asked in confusion and looked at the steamy porridge. Before I could grab the spoon from him so I could taste it Minho held it away from me. “There is nothing wrong with it” he answered with a straight face and took another spoon full of it. There shouldn’t be any problem with the porridge since I have mad it about thousands of times…but when I think about it now…I never even have tasted it myself.

“Omo, this is too salty!” I blurted and quickly poured a glass of water and gulped it down. *All these years…my father had to eat…this..* I couldn’t find the right words and felt bad for not knowing. “Oppa…” I spoke while quickly running back upstairs.
I entered his room to find him nearly done eating the porridge. “Oppa, stop” I called and quickly grabbed the bowl. “Why are you eating this, it’s too salty” I told him but he wouldn’t let go of the damn bowl in his hands.

“I told you, it’s fine” he replied while looking at me. *That’s what my dad used to tell me, but stupid me I didn’t know* trust me it isn’t, you either have no tastebuds or in total denial. “Stop acting and let go” thankfully he listened. I sighed and placed the bowl on the desk. “Great, just when you are feeling better this happens” I mumbled.

“It isn’t your fault, I was the one who got sick.” Minho replied feeling happy that Hara is caring about him. “I couldn’t even help you when you were sick…mianhe” I spoke thinking about how useless I was and the thought of my dad brought me to tears. Did I help my father who was fighting cancer? Now when I think about it, it seems I didn’t do much for him. My memories of me with my father were blurry since it had been a long time ago.

Minho calmed me down and made me to sit down. “Hara…what is wrong? I said I am fine” Minho reassured me and handed me tissues. *Are you sure? You don’t even know when you are sick* I thought and wiped my tears away. “You Babo, you could’ve died” I blurted while thinking what if he gets sick next time, who’s going to save him.

“Are you that afraid of me dying?” h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter