Death wish

Just one wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ok, prepare yourself for the longest chapter there is out of this whole story lol. I was about to split it into two chapters but meh. This will be the last chapter of our little Minho's past and I really hope you enjoy it! Also I have found a younger picture of Minho O.O and I think he's about 17 omo isn't he cute? By the way, thank you for upvote haha but really, your dedication and continuation reading this story is enough for me ^-^ ok take care guys.

 

 

"Are you finally going to calm down?" he asked, his hand was on my shoulder preventing me from moving as I panted away. After a moment of silence, he loosened his grip before letting go completely. I watched him walk back over to where his things were placed at when he came into this room. I stared at the small white rectangle badge he wore at the left side of his white coat, his name was Dr Lim and he was going to do a blood test on me.

My mind began to think of a possible solution of escape, I was not afraid of needles or letting people take my blood but I knew what they will probably find if they test my blood now. I was on something which I didn't even know about. "Where's my father? I need to see him" I commanded as I watched him scribble something onto a clip board. He made his way back over to me before meeting my eyes "He's on his way, don't worry. I'm sure you're old enough to handle a small needle."

For a split second I thought I saw a hint of smirk on his face but I quickly directed my eyes over to the door which opened and in stepped my father, followed behind was Ryo. My heart beat began to slow down bit by bit, knowing I can actually explain what was going on in my system. I didn't know where to begin but I needed to hurry since I'm running out of time already seeing Dr Lim starting to put on his gloves. 

"Before he takes my blood test, there is something you need to know. One of the nurses gave me some sort of medication which wasn't painkillers and I don't know what it was" I watched as my father looked at me in utter confusion. His eyebrows slowly furrowed "Minho, what are you talking abo-" I forcefully grabbed onto his arms and prayed that he would listen to me for once. "I was drugged, I was drugged by one of the nurses that worked here." my fathers eyes slowly made his way to Dr Lim's who stood on the other side of the hospital bed then back to me, he looked at me like I was crazy. Ryo came over standing beside my father, facing me, his hand was placed on my arm "Minho, calm down. How could you make an accusation like that. Everythings going to be fine so lie down and let the doctor do his job."

I wanted to yell out at this moment, why weren't they believing me? I would never lie, especially not at a time like this. My grip tightened on my fathers arm "Minho, you've been through a lot these days. Please let the doctor take the test, whatever the outcome is, I promise to support you. I need to know what is happening to you, I need to know what is happening to my beloved son."

They didn't believe me, even my own father didn't. I slowly removed my hands before my father lightly nodded indicating for the doctor to perform the test. "If you don't mind, can I talk to you outside for a minute?" Dr Lim spoke once he was finished before placing everything back on a tray. My father followed him out while Ryo came next to me. I ignored him before lying down with my back towards him, I was mad, I thought he, out of all people would be on my side on this. But I was wrong. "You may not know it but everyone is worried about you. What you said and how you acted earlier, was that you trying to come clean?"

"What?" I turned so I could see him.

He took a deep breath "You tried to hurt yourself again, am I correct? Or possibly, worse. Choi Minho, I don't know what's going on in that head of yours but you need to start telling us the truth. Because Yu Ree is the only person who is telling us what's happening and let me tell you, it isn't nice."

"And you believe her words?" I answered, slowly sitting up again. "Is she wrong then? Is she wrong about you trying to kill yourself?" He asked.

"Of course she is wrong! You people are so blind, she was the one who put me in here, she was probably the one who drugged me when she came yesterday. She IS sick, her mind and her games. She plays with peoples' minds like it's her toy. I am so sick of her, I feel like I am losing my sanity with every second I spend with her!" I yelled out with all my might, I didn't know what came over me to burst like this but I couldn't stop, it felt like the more I let it out, the better I felt. I didn't even care anymore if I sounded like a crazy person at this moment. There was a few second of silence before it was cut from a voice which made my blood to boil, teeth to clench and stomach to twist.

"I didn't know you felt so much hatred towards me, oppa."

Yu Ree stood at the entrance door, she heard everything and so did my father since he stood behind her. Yu Ree began making her way towards me, she was wearing her uniform but there was no sign of her school bag. Why was she even here, it was a school day. I noticed that she was holding onto a small box in her hand. It was sky blue and had a pink ribbon tied on the top. I looked over to my father who now stood in front facing me while Ryo was still standing towards my right. I didn't know why they were so quiet.

Yu Ree sat on the side of my bed "This is for you," she gently placed the small gift box in front of me. My mind was telling me to throw whatever she was about to give me, knowing anything that came from her was nothing but games.

Seeing as I was not cooperating of accepting the gift, her hand reached for mine "Don't touch me" I growled before glaring at her. "Choi Minho" I heard my father call, stopping me. "Is this how you are going to treat people who came to visit you and to give you a present?"

I grabbed the box, pulled the ribbon and opened the box. I slowly took out the object, it was a rubik's cube. Though, this didn't seemed like the normal type of rubik's cube, on some squares there were words and single letters and the colors were all mixed up.

"Don't worry, you will have plenty of time to solve this at the place you will be going to." My eyebrows furrowed from her comment. "What are you trying to do? They may not see who you really are but I can, and I can prove it." I took grasp of her wrist, I knew that there was bound to be a cut on her palm proving that she really did try to kill me. But the cut wasn't there, why wasn't it there? It should be there. My grip tightened as my eyebrows furrowed I didn't care if I was hurting her or care about hearing her winces. I took a hold of her other wrist "Choi Minho let go of your sister this instant. What is the matter with you? Can't you see you are hurting her?" My father pulled Yu Ree away from me, he was shocked alright since his eyes never left mine. He took Yu Ree out of the room as I watched and gripped onto the bed sheets in digust. He spoke to her but I couldn't hear what was exactly said, few seconds later she only nodded before leaving.

Once Yu Ree was out of sight, I turned to Ryo who now had a frown on his face. "What was she talking about? What place was she talking about? Am I not getting discharged today?" I expected Ryo to answer but he only stared at me with his usual concerned look. I knew this instant that him and my father was keeping something from me. Something which I was afraid to know. "You are getting discharged today" my father answered while making his way over to me. He sat where Yu Ree was not long ago.

"But, you are not coming home. Not until you get better" I heard my father spoke but I wasn't listening.

"W-what?" I stuttered in confusion, I was completely lost on what he was saying. Getting better? I thought I was getting better, my back didn't seem to hurt as much anymore.

"Before I tell you the reason, Minho you have to know that I am only doing this is because I love you. I don't want to see you in anymore pain, I don't want to lose you as well. So I decided it's the best for you to get the help which you need and can receive at a psychiatrist hospital."

After the last two words I began to shake my head "No, NO, NO" I thought my nightmare ended yesterday night but I was wrong. This was the nightmare, eventhough it was day. "I am not mental, I am not sick, I am not crazy!" I began to cry out. I began to lashed out as tears threatened to fall out. I was not crazy which they think I am, I didn't want to think about living in that place, a place filled with strangers.

"Minho, listen to me. It isn't going to take long, there are people there who can help you. The faster you recover, the faster you can come home." I heard Ryo call out, his hands took ahold of my arms making me turn towards him. How was I supposed to get better if I'm not sick in the first place.

 

-----

 

When Ryo indicated that I seemed different two weeks ago, I now knew what he meant. I knew I've changed.

I sat on one of the benches as my eyes stared at the object placed in front of me on the wooden table. I didn't know how long I've been staring at it but if I had to guess, then probably over 10 minutes. My fingers twitched, I wanted to badly grab the object and crush it in my hands. But no, I remained still as I stared at the jumbled words written on the gift my stepsister gave me.

His name was Haru, or so he thinks. He's 15, or so he believes. "Hyung, you still have not finished solving it?" he sat in on the opposite side towards me. I watched as he picked up the rubik's cube, scanned it for almost five seconds before he slowly rotated the corners of the cube. As always, in the end he would let out a sigh before placing the unsolved cube back onto where I had placed it. He was the only one out of this whole institute who had some sort of spark of life in his eyes. He roams about in these grounds visiting almost everyone, unlike me he liked to accompany and have simple conversations with anyone. He had no trouble of taking medication which the nurses give him unlike me and he listens well to orders which people give him. Though, you are probably thinking why he ended up here if he seemed almost normal. The truth was, he wasn't. The very first time I saw some sort of change to him was his meet up with his parents. That day he almost choked his own father to death if it weren't for the security guards stopping him. His personality suddenly changed in a split of a second. I didn't know what his condition was but I'm sure from the way he reacted towards his father was definitely not normal for a 13 year old boy. It's as if his father was the trigger to change him.

My stay at this place was slowly killing me on the inside, unlike for Haru, he seemed to love it here, he was happy here. It's as if he has been living here for all his life, knowing everyones names and this place.

I was beginning to question myself, was I really crazy? People must see me like that if they are keeping me here, am I wrong? They make us participate in activities such as art, make us attend discussion sessions with me always ending up calling out defending that I was sane not the other way round, what they want me to admit myself to be, so in the end sounding a lot more crazier to them. The medication they give me was said to help me but I didn't see any difference.

"You really look like her, your eyes." Haru's voice brought me back to reality. He was still in front of me trying to solve the rubik's cube again. I realized that I space out quite often now, a place like this was probably the cause. I was confused what Haru meant by his comment, usually I knew what he was talking about. "The pretty noona who visited me, she reminds me of you."

My heart beat slowly raced, I gulped afraid to know what he meant by the girl he met. Was I paranoid or what I heard sounded like he was saying he met Yu Ree. But, that wouldn't be possible since 1, why would Yu Ree visit Haru? She barely knows him and if she did what was her intention? 2, Haru said we look alike? For as long as I was living we were not alike, not inside or out, personality and looks wise.

"Did she say anything to you?" I slowly asked almost afraid of knowing. If it was Yu Ree, was she trying to make me suffer more even when I'm already mentally dying here each day.

"Noona told me to help you solve this, she said it's important that you solve it."

As usual, Yu Ree and her games. If solving that damn cube was what she wants, no, what she desperately wants me to do then I have news for her. Over my dead body was I going to solve it.

 

----

 

I was still allowed to contact my family members, relatives and friends at this place. The only thing I wasn't allowed was to leave. Ryo and my father frequently visited me, buying and bringing me new clothes, asking the same question over and over again wanting to know how I was feeling and everytime they do that, a little part of me inside wanted to scream and kill them for putting me in here. At first I completely lost the plot but now as time slowly went past I knew I was only making it worse, reacting and yelling was not going to get me out of here instead it was only going to keep me in here longer. 

Today was different though, instead of having random visits from Ryo and my father I asked one of the nurses if I could contact a friend of mine. She gave me a warm smile before handling me the telephone. Usually whenever a patient uses the phone a nurse or a supervisor would need to know or keep an eye on you. In their heads, they think any object is dangerous. I wasn't sure if she was listening but I watched as she wrote something down onto a file which had another patients name on it. You may also know by now that I lied, lied about contacting a friend as I punched in the numbers and praying that it didn't go to voice mail.

"Gee, when you said you wanted to meet up I didn't know it would be at a place like this." I tried to ignored her sarcasm comment while she settled down sitting on the opposite side of the table. After the call I waited approximately 30 minutes for her to arrive, seeing her now, how I wished I hadn't called.

Her name was Mina, she was the same age as me. The last time I saw her was probably four months ago at a business party which was held by my father. She and her family attended since her father worked for my fathers company and especially since they were close friends.

As she sat in front of me I've took noticed that she has dyed her hair, again. Mina was a wealthy girl, she didn't need to tell people that since the clothes and jewelry showcased it all. Wealth has really gotten into her head.

"So, what exactly are we supposed to do here?" I was glad she cut to the chase.

My eyes shifted to the only person who stood near the entrance to this room, I was afraid he might be listening and what I'm about to say will definitely cause him to throw me back into my room.

"I need you to get me out of this place." I leaned forward before whispering those words out.

There was a moment of silence before I saw an smirk on her face. "Now you must really regret not taking up on my dance offer, am I correct?" She leaned forward and whispered back.

I mentally cursed inside, she was still holding that stupid grudge against me. It was at that same business party that she asked me to dance with her seeing as none asked her. She was like a bug which you couldn't get rid of no matter how much you tried. She may have a pretty face but her personality was really something else.

She propped her elbows on the table, her chin rested in her hands before her eyes began wander off. I leaned back before thinking of a new idea. Since right now she was acting like a 9 year old. "You people really need to change your tactics. I mean look at yourselves, you almost look like lost souls roaming on earth and staring at imaginery things..." I tooked notice she was looking at the glass behind me and talking about the mentally disturbed patients.

"I guess once they turn cray cray there's no going back." There, her personality. I wouldn't blame anyone who decided to knock some sense into her, heck I'll personally do it myself if I wasn't being watched.

"Joke."

"What and how exactly am I going to convince everyone to let you go?" She whispered, sitting back straight again, she probably saw steam threatening to come out of my head as I watched her.

"That's for you to figure out and I am not crazy." I stated, starting to get really sick of that phrase.

She raised a brow at my response almost as if she didn't quite believe the second part. "What's in it for me? I mean, once you leave this what's my reward?"

"I know what you want. Money. Just name your price." I responded almost hearing her cries of happiness. But there was no reaction from her as she sat still. My mind told me she probably didn't hear my reply or that she was actually thinking of how much money she was going to ask fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter