Explanation

Eternal Flame

Soon, all nine Night class students were woken up and lead into Hyunjoong's room. They all sat in a circle with Hyunjoong still on the bed, with the first aid kit, carefully applying alcohol to Youngsaeng's bleeding wrists with a cotton ball. Whenever he touched the boy's skin, the memories would come back. His skin's soft... But why does it remind me of the black fox's fur? Is Youngsaeng somehow related to the fox?

"So... What's happening...?" Taemin asked Kyujong, completely clueless and curious to what this meeting was about. "What's Hyunjoong doing?"

"You'll see," the boy replied and stood up, signaling Hyunjoong to start.

The older boy on the bed turned to his audience and took a deep breath before starting. "This afternoon, I saw a boy being bullied outside so I saved him and brought him back into the Night class dorm to take care of him."

"Wait... A boy...?" Minho echoed. "A Day class boy?"

"In other words, a mortal?!" Jonghyun exclaimed in surprise. "No way! We're not allowed to even go near them! How could you bring a human into the dorms?"

"I couldn't just leave him," Hyunjoong protested strongly. "His wrists were bleeding, they were punching him. I don't even know what they were making him drink!"

"But... This is unheard of," Taemin argued. "If the Headmaster finds out, he's not going to take this in silence."

"Please, don't tell the Headmaster just yet," the older boy pleaded all the students. "Don't tell him yet. I want this boy to have recovered at least a little bit before the Headmaster finds out. I'll go talk to him myself."

"When will you?" Key questioned. "Give us a time limit. We don't want this guy in here for too long. We may not be able to hold out for long enough, especially with a human here. A few of us have more control than other but guys like Jonghyun or Taemin, they have no self-control."

"Hey!!!" Taemin and the dino whined.

"I'm just stating a fact!" Key hissed.

"I'll tell him within two weeks time," Hyunjoong promised. "I definitely will. Or maybe even within one week. I will definitely inform him about this soon."

Kyujong stood up and clapped his hands. "Please work with us for now, guys. Please keep this a secret from the Headmaster until Hyunjoong goes to tell him himself."

All of the other looked at each other but nodded in agreement. After they left, Hyunjoong sighed in relief. Kyujong gazed softly at Youngsaeng, who still hadn't woken up. Hyunjoong was busying himself with bandaging the wounds on the boy's cheeks and wrists.

"I need to go to class now," the boy sighed and headed to the door. "Take good care of him. He needs these hands for the piano."

Hyunjoong nodded as Kyujong exited and closed. He turned back to the unconscious boy and continued wrapping the long bandages around the wrists.