Bullied

Eternal Flame

When the school bell rang, signaling that Day class had ended, Hyunjoong jumped out of bed and quickly opened the curtains of the window again, climbing onto the windowsill to watch the students file out and see Youngsaeng coming out of the main entrance. To his surprise, he didn't see the boy among the crowds of students. Half headed towards the dorms and the other half went out of the gates to hang out but Youngsaeng wasn't among any of them.

Where is he? Did he go out the other doors of the school? Aw... I wanted to see him...

As the sun began to set, Hyunjoong was about to turn away but all of a sudden, the boy did come out but there were two other boys with him. One was grabbing his caramel hair and dragging him out of the school, another was smirking while clutching onto the wrists of the student, punching him in the face whenever he tried to protest. Hyunjoong’s eyes widened and his aura burst out in imaginary flames.

He quickly went over to his sleeping friend and shook the poor guy awake. "Kyujong, wake up," he hissed hurriedly. "Meet me downstairs at the courtyard ASAP."

Dashing out of his room, he flew down the stairs and zipped around the corners, bursting out of the dorm and racing over to the courtyard. There they were near the side, somewhat hidden, the two boys grinning and pouring something into the student’s mouth, keeping his chin up by pulling on his hair. The student’s wrists were tied together tightly by a rough rope and were beginning to bleed from the friction. Hyunjoong’s jaw clenched in fury and he walked silently towards them, his aura exploding from him like fire, black and purple.

“Ya, what do you think you’re doing?” he snarled when he was right beside them.

The two whipped around in surprise and both gasped simultaneously. One of them suddenly turned back to the tortured boy and growled, throwing the boy to the ground. “You called him, didn’t you? You’re such a monster!”

“You…” Hyunjoong started but didn’t bother to finish his sentence before punching the boys out of anger.

“Hey, what’s all this about?” a voice came from behind them.

The angry boy turned and saw Kyujong standing there, still in his pajamas, looking half asleep. “Come on… You woke me up for this?”

“, let’s go,” one of the bullies muttered and began to run but Kyujong appeared in front of him, blocking his way. The boy smirked. One eye was covered by his long bangs and the other slightly shadowed. “And where do you think you’re going?”

The bully backed away slightly as Kyujong approached him with an icy stare. Hyunjoong quickly went over to the unconscious student and reached for the boy's arm and wrist but right when he touched the boy's skin, something seared into him through his hand. His eyes widened and he felt his blood begin to pulse.

He saw the scene of when he was 5 years old, the black fox crouched before him, letting the little boy pet him.

Hyunjoong retrieved his hand from the rope and gazed at it in shock, remembering their last conversation.

 

"The whole time, I've used it as an excuse. The fact that your father told you that vampires were heartless and cold, the fact that I wanted you to know you had feelings buried inside of you was an excuse for me to stay longer."

"Why can't you stay longer?"

"If your father were to find me, you and I would both be in danger. I don't want to get you involved."

"Bye Hyunjoong."

"Youngsaengie! I'll wish on a wishing star and a comet to see you again! Just like you taught me!"

 

“Hyunjoong...? Hyunjoong!" Kyujong exclaimed.

The older boy snapped out of daze and whipped around to look at the latter. "Y-Yeah?"

"I let them off this time,” Kyujong informed as he joined in to help untangle the knot.

“You’re too kindhearted,” Hyunjoong grumbled in disappointment. “They deserved a proper beating.”

"What were you thinking about so deeply? It's rare to see you so out of it," Kyujong asked as he managed to smoothly remove the rope.

The older boy shook his head. "No... Nothing... This boy, he just reminded me to someone from a long time ago..."

"You didn't wear you contacts? What if they saw your eye color?" the younger boy questioned again worriedly.

"Psh, who cares? As if they'd even suspect that I'm a vampire."

“Just a question here,” the latter began. “What are you going to do with him? He’s unconscious and you don’t know where his dorm is.”

“I’m going to bring him to my dorm,” Hyunjoong replied coolly.

“Ya! You know that you shouldn’t do that! He’s a human! He’s not allowed in the Night class dorms.”

“I don’t care about the rules. I’m not going to leave him out here when he’s injured and hurt.”

“Hyunjoong—“

“You can’t stop me from doing this!” Hyunjoong interrupted as he scooped the boy up.

Kyujong grinned a toothy grin, standing up with his hyung. “I wasn’t going to. I’m going to help you.”

The latter smirked. “And this is why you’re my best friend.”