Council of Night

Eternal Flame

Youngsaeng, who was unconscious but breathing normally, lay on the bed in his room. The others had carried the boy upstairs but Hyunjoong wasn't pleased. He stood up from his chair, his eyes flashing with anger. Hyungjun looked up at him wearily. "What are you doing? Going to get something to eat? Get me something, too."

"No, I'm going to go see my dad," Hyunjoong growled as he took his coat off the coat rack.

"Eh? Why?" Kyujong questioned curiously, bringing a tray of glasses of water to the others, whom were surrounding the bed.

"I have a feeling he has something to do with this," the boy replied and hurried out of the room.

---------------------------

Hyunjoong rushed to the Council meeting room near their school and looked around the halls. No one was there but he heard rooms echoing from the room he was standing in front of. He gently knocked.

"Who is it?" he heard the Headmaster's voice boom from inside.

He opened the door and immediately spotted his dad sitting beside the Headmaster, who had stood up in surprise when he saw Hyunjoong.

"Hyunjoong! What are you doing here? We're in the middle of a serious meeting," the Headmaster scolded.

"I have to speak with my dad. Right now," Hyunjoong said and slammed the door behind him, walking to the man, glaring.

"Oh, son. It's been a while," his father chuckled. "What do you have to speak to me about? It is private?"

"I'm sorry but they're dead," the boy replied coldly.

He saw his father's pupils dilate but the man acted confused. "What do you mean?"

Hyunjoong slammed his fist onto the table, startling the other members of the Council. "I mean that the five exorcists from West Genetics you sent to spy on Youngsaeng are DEAD!!!!!!!!"

"Exorcists? To spy on Youngsaeng?" the Headmaster echoed from the side. "Mr. Kim, what is the meaning of this?"

The man looked up at the Headmaster, holding up his hands and shaking his head. "I have no idea what my son is talking about. I'm sorry for this. I think I should talk to him clearly outside with him."

"No," the Headmaster interrupted. "Hyunjoong is a student of the Cross Elite Academy. He's one of the most disciplined vampires in the whole country, even at such a young age. Hyunjoong does not lie! He was right to come here. Go on Hyunjoong, tell us more about it."

His father's jaw tightened as he glared up at his son.

Hyunjoong took a deep breath. "Just recently, about half a day ago, five exorcists came to our school and said that my father sent them to spy on Youngsaeng and to kill him because they thought he was the nine-tailed fox. And I assume that my father had this all planned out, up until now."

"Oh? And what does that mean, my son?" his father questioned curiously, as if not knowing anything, his eyes showing innocence.

Hyunjoong growled. "This is just a theory but I think that my father purposely weakened the barrier around our school so that the Headmaster had to come to the Council to get it strong again. After that, he sent the exorcists to the school to spy on Youngsaeng and to plot to kill him. They did try to kill him but now, they're dead because of my father's miscalculations."

"What miscalculations?" one of the women at the table stood up. "How did they die? That's not possible. They're a few of the best in the country."

Hyunjoong stared at his father. "Don't you dare underestimate Youngsaeng again. Just because you were able to kidnap him and go to as far as to him and treat him like a doll doesn't mean he's weak. He's stronger than you think."

"Wait... He did what?" another man of the Council asked.

"My father kidnapped Youngsaeng and him, replacing him for Maria, his nine-tailed love from 500 years ago," Hyunjoong announced without mercy. "That's the type of vampire my father is. He was so blinded by love that he thought used a student from the Night class as a toy."

The man grit his teeth and he stood up. "Youngsaeng is the nine-tailed fox and there is proof."

"What's the proof?" the Headmaster asked.

"That rosario that the boy is always wearing," the man revealed. "I always had this itching feeling that there was something strange about that boy. The fact that he reminded me of the 99th generation nine-tailed fox. Inside the rosario is the nine-tailed fox and it's sealed in there."

"That's not called proof," Hyunjoong cut in strongly. "You're just assuming that."

"He summoned the nine-tailed fox back then, at the Demon Marathon. He was able to summon it because he knew where it was and had somewhat of a relationship with it. The nine-tailed is contained in the cross. That's why we couldn't find it all these years."

Hyunjoong clenched his jaw and opened his mouth to speak when the Headmaster interrupted. "That doesn't change the fact that you disregarded one of the major rules of the Council and sent spies. Not to mention, kidnapped and ually harassed one of my students for your own selfish reasons. You don't know for sure that Youngsaeng is the nine-tailed fox. Your assumption may be wrong. But what we know for sure is that you have no right to be in the Council any longer as you have broken the treaty we had signed so many years ago, or have you forgotten?"

The Headmaster looked at the others of the Council. "Who agrees with me?"

At first, there were hesitations but Hyunjoong watched as one by one, the hands rose and soon, everyone was on the Headmaster's side. Hyunjoong's father growled and stood up from his chair. "You guys will pay for this. I'll show you that boy is the nine-tailed fox! I'll prove it!"

"Since you're not part of the Council of Night anymore," the commander of the East Genetics started. "You have no right to involve yourself with our business anymore."

"Don't bother yourself with my students anymore either," the commander of the West Genetics snarled. "You already got five of best killed just so that you could prove that one mere student of the Headmaster's was the nine-tailed fox. If you ever even visit the West or East Genetics again, I'll make sure to see the end of you."

"Even though all pureblood vampires are supposed to be part of the Council, we've decided to leave you out. I wonder how that student must've felt when you violated him," one of the elders spoke. "That is not the righteous actions that a senior member of the Council should show. We didn't know about this until your son told us. He has more of the right to be in the Council than you do."

"What about the other purebloods in the Night class? They're not hurt, are they?" a female elder asked worriedly.

"They're fine," Hyunjoong replied. "I was stabbed a few times in the midst of the fight but one of the other purebloods healed me so I'm okay."

"You were stabbed?!" the commander of the West Genetics exclaimed. "The exorcists dared to attack a pureblood? What have I taught them these years? How did eveything go to waste?"

"How were they killed?" the East Genetics commander questioned.

"I'm not sure. Youngsaeng was quite shaken after it so he wasn't able to explain. I just saw this white light and when it disappeared, they were on the ground, bleeding like something had cut them from their chest down to their stomach and from this side to the other side," Hyunjoong explained.

"Cross-shaped...?" the Headmaster asked, narrowing his eyes.

"I have no idea. It just all happened so fast," Hyunjoong admitted. "I think it's because Youngsaeng was frightened. I saw Sulli about to stab him and then the white light appeared. I thought he was stabbed but he was fine and the others were dying right after the light faded."

"And they died a few seconds later..." the West Genetics commander murmured. "Well... That's surprising... I didn't think they'd get killed so easily. I have to make the exoricists stronger if these are the results."

"I heard a few of the pureblood vampires were in a relationship with the girls of the West Genetics," the East Genetics commander remarked. "What were their reactions?"

Hyunjoong shrugged. "The usual break up reactions. Sobbing, wishing for the girls to come back, and blaming Youngsaeng for their deaths."

"It's easy to mistake Youngsaeng for the cause of their deaths," one of the elders agreed. "But... It's best not to jump to conclusions. Oh, and Headmaster, let me ask a question."

"Oh, yes, what is it?" the Headmaster replied.

"Why is Mr. Kim still here?"

The Headmaster looked down at the man who had sat down and shrugged. He took the small, silver cross necklace on the man's neck and ripped it off, causing the man to shriek in pain. The Headmaster held it in hands. "This is the symbol of the peace treaty we signed years ago. You broke the treaty, the promise you made to us, so that means you have no right to wear this and no right to be here. That narrows down to... Get out."

Hyunjoong's father huffed and stood up from his seat, heading out and grabbed onto his son, also beginning to drag him out.

"Ya," the Headmaster stopped him. "What do you think you're doing? Your son doesn't have to go out with you. He hasn't been banished from the Council."

Hyunjoong smiled back at the Headmaster. "No, it's okay, I think I should go now. I've overstayed my visit. I just wanted to talk to my father a bit and ended up creating a large commotion. I'll be taking my leave now."

He bowed respectfully to the rest of the Council and followed his father out. The Headmaster narrowed his eyes after they had closed the door of the Council room.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

---------------------------

When Hyunjoong got back to the Night class building, he staggered and collapsed onto the bed, bleeding heavily from his side. Hyungjun rushed to his side. "Omo! What happened? What type of trouble did you get into this time, you idiot?"

Hyunjoong chuckled as he closed the door behind him. "My father got angry and stabbed me. I dodged but I wasn't fast enough."

Kyujong sighed. "You have one violent father. Anyways, Youngsaeng's still asleep but Hyungjun checked his breathing and said that he should be waking up in a few minutes. You came in at the perfect time."

"Wow, you can measure when people wake up now?" Hyunjoong asked as Hyungjun quickly healed his wounds, his hands glowing white. "When were you able to do that?"

Hyungjun shrugged. "I don't know. Just today, I found out that even the slightest changes of a person's breathing affects when they wake up. Such as when the girsl were lying, dead, on the floor. They weren't breathing so that meant that they wouldn't be waking up. Youngsaeng's breathing is becoming stronger so he should wake up soon."

After the boy had closed the wound up, Hyunjoong stood up and walked over to the bed, taking Youngsaeng's hand in his. He turned to the other 3 boys and took a deep breath. "I have something to tell you."