Confession

Eternal Flame

"I have something to tell you."

They all looked at him and sensed the serious atmosphere. Kyujong chuckled and patted the boy on the shoulder. "What are you so tense for? Relax a little."

"Youngsaeng's been keeping a secret from us the whole time," Hyunjoong started after taking another breath.

They all stared at him. Jungmin raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"

"I'm the nine-tailed fox."

Their heads all whipped to see Youngsaeng awake, beginning to sit up. Hyunjoong quickly helped him.

"You were awake?" Kyujong exclaimed in surprise. "For how long?"

"I just woke up and heard Hyunjoong talking," Youngsaeng told them.

"Wait, but you just said you were the nine-tailed fox?" Jungmin asked as he leaned onto the bed, his elbows resting on the soft mattress.

Youngsaeng nodded with no hesitation. "Yeah, I'm the nine-tailed fox."

"Someone explain this to me," Onew's voice came from the door of the bedroom. The rest of the Night class was behind him.

"So it really was his fault that Krystal died?" Minho asked as he pushed Onew away from the door and stepped in. "I was just reasoning with the others that maybe it wasn't his fault but the fact that he is the nine-tailed fox basically proves that he did it!"

"He didn't mean it," Hyunjoong sighed as he sat down beside Youngsaeng. "It's my dad's fault."

Taemin felt almost in tears. "The nine-tailed fox is evil! How are we supposed to know he didn't mean it? He killed Sulli!!! He filled all five of them!!!!!!!!!! If they had to die, then he should've died inste--"

The boy suddenly gasped and clasped his mouth closed. Key slapped him hard. "What's wrong with you? How could you say that? Just because he's the nine-tailed fox doesn't mean he doesn't have a life. He also has a soul."

Youngsaeng looked down at his hands. "No, Taemin's right. I should've died."

"Young--"

"Hyunjoong, I wanted to die," Youngsaeng confessed. "I really did. Because once I turn into the nine-tailed fox, my soul will corrupt and I won't be myself anymore. I will kill without mercy. Kill all vampires and exorcists in front of me and not even have a second thought of it. I will search the corners of the world for all the vampires and kill until they're all dead. And that means you'll definitely die, too."

"I think you should explain this clearly to all of us," Kyujong said and gestured everyone to gather in front of the bed. Key closed the door behind him and sat down with the others.

Youngsaeng nodded and set himself down on the floor, Hyunjoong sitting beside him. He took a deep breath and began.

"The nine-tailed fox... was created about 50,000 years ago by an exorcist named Stella Fairchild."