Mistake

Eternal Flame

Youngsaeng peeked over Hyunjoong's shoulder and his eyes widened when he saw the five girls, each with one silver eye, giving off the fiery blue aura.

"Sulli, the cute one's the nine-tailed fox?" Luna scoffed. "Wow, I never would've guessed."

Hyunjoong stood up in front of Youngsaeng, his arms out. "Why are you here?"

Krystal smirked. "Your father came over to the West Genetics after he was stabbed by your grandfather and told us about his suspicions. He wanted me to come and spy on Youngsaeng, to see if he was actually the nine-tailed fox."

Victoria giggled. "Turns out Youngsaeng has said it himself. He's the nine-tailed fox and I'm guessing that the rosario is sealing the fox inside of him. That's why the Council couldn't find the giant thing."

"So..." Luna began as she the sharp side of the blade. "We've come to finish him off."

Hyunjoong's eyes darkened and he narrowed his eyes. "Do you think I'll really let you?"

"Well, we can cut through your magic easily," Sulli reminded him. "And there's five of us. It'll be pretty easy as I don't think Youngsaeng seems like the killing type."

The boy growled. "Don't you dare touch him. He's innocent."

"Ya, come to your senses, lover boy," Amber snickered. "If he becomes the nine-tailed fox, all of us will die, including you. He'll kill every last vampire he sees and will not stop until the vampires are all dead."

"I don't care!" Hyunjoong exclaimed in fury. "Go away! You're scaring him."

"Hyunjoong..." Youngsaeng started, tugging on the hem of the boy's pants to get his attention. "It's best if they do. I don't want the vampires to become extinct either. I don't want to kill you if I become the nine-tailed fox."

"See? Even your boyfriend is obliging to our task," Sulli sneered. "Now move aside. We have our mission to complete."

Hyunjoong glared at them, not caring about what his lover said. "I won't let you kill him. Leave! Now!'

The five girls spread out into a semicircle around the two, trapping them at the trunk of the tree. Hyunjoong stood his ground but Youngsaeng began to pull on his jacket. "Hyunjoong, please, just move aside. It's better if they kill me. It'll be better. The demons will weaken and they'll stop multiplying... They'll lack in spirit magic if I die now. Please..."

"No, I'm not going to let you get killed now," Hyunjoong insisted, his gaze sharp as a flame flickered inside of him. "You still have your whole life in front of you."

"No, I don't!" Youngsaeng suddenly shouted. "I don't have my whole life. I only have until my 18th birthday."

Hyunjoong looked at him. "What...?"

"The seal will break on my 18th birthday and I'll turn into the fox," Youngsaeng revealed, tears beginning to drip out again. "I'm going to die either way. Just let them kill me."

"I won't. I'll find a way to save you by then," Hyunjoong growled and turned back to the girls. "I don't want you to leave me just yet. I don't want you to go."

Youngsaeng looked up at the boy and scooted slightly back out of fear when the five exorcists began their attack, rushing towards Hyunjoong. The boy clenched his jaw and quickly set a strong, magic barrier, not moving from his spot. It didn't take long before the barrier was crashed through and the exoricsts were able to get through.

Youngsaeng, shaking in terror, tried to gather spirit magic in his left eye but for some reason, it wasn't easy. His spirit magic was in a mess, in clogs and running everywhere, he wasn't able to control it no matter how hard he concentrated. The fear in his body caused the magic to go insane, he couldn't summon the nine-tailed fox or use Fear Inducement.

Krystal grit her teeth. "Don't joke around!"

Youngsaeng's paled when he saw Hyunjoong get stabbed by the exorcist with a sharp sword. The vampire spit out blood but quickly kicked the girl away, shooting magic arrows and swords at the exorcists. Most of them got hit but Victoria was able to run through and she stabbed the vampire again in the stomach, near the previous stab. Hyunjoong fell back and saw Sulli flash past him, towards Youngsaeng.

"Youngsaeng!" he screamed and turned around, trying to get there faster than the exorcist.

Youngsaeng pressed against the tree, his eyes wide open with terror, trembling. I have to die... I have to. It's the only way. Hyunjoong... I don't want him to die. Don't want him to die. The boy felt his tears slowly dripping down his cheeks. He shut his eyes tightly, getting ready for the pain as the blade came close but instead, he heard a couple of high-pitched screams and it wasn't his own voice.

His eyes snapping open again, he immediatly shrieked at what he saw. The girls were lying on the ground, bleeding badly from their chests and their stomachs, blood gushing from their mouths. Hyunjoong could only stare. They saw the weapons that were lying around, burst into little pieces and disappear.

The door of the Night class building opened and out rushed the other 8 students of the Night class. They stopped in their tracks and stared at the people who were lying on the ground.

"Sulli!!!" Taemin yelled and he hurried to his girlfriend, quickly checking the bleeding areas but it was too late. Without even a last word, the girl stopped breathing, her eyes still open, glazed and dead.

It was the same with the other exorcists. Krystal had already succumbed to her wounds by the time Minho had run over to her. Victoria perished before the rest of the Night class even got outside.

Hyungjun ran over to Hyunjoong who was trying to crawl over to Youngsaeng. Kyujong kneeled down beside Youngsaeng, trying to turn him away from the girls were who lying on the ground, each having one boy beside them but he wouldn't. He couldn't.

"Y-Youngsaeng...?" Hyunjoong stammered, struggling to sit up, taking the boy's hand.

There was no response. Youngsaeng could only stare, his eyes wide. No... It's a mistake... No, I didn't kill them... I didn't kill them. I thought... I thought I was going to die. What happened...? It's a misunderstanding, a fault, a mistake... I didn't kill them. I didn't kill them.

"Hyunjoong, stop moving," Hyungjun scolded sharply. "You're still bleeding. What in the world happened? You guys leave class half an hour before it ends and this happens?"

Jungmin came over and knelt down on the other side of the incredibly frightened boy. "Youngsaeng-ah? What happened? Why are you so scared? What did the girls do? Why are they lying on the floor like that?"

Youngsaeng couldn't speak, his voice was stuck in his throat, his mind whirling around in circles like a tornado. He couldn't hear anything around him, everybody seemed to be moving in slow motion. He suddenly felt his heart palpitating, causing him to breathe irregularly. He couldn't even feel the rest of the body and before he knew it, he out.