Falling For You

Eternal Flame

"He did WHAT???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!" a shriek came from Hyunjoong's room.

Jungmin burst into the room as he was passing by and heard the shout. "What's wrong? What's happening? Who screamed?"

The Headmaster had stood up, his chair fallen over behind him, his eyes wide. Hyunjoong saw Jungmin at the door and smiled. "No, nothing. I was just telling the Headmaster of what Youngsaeng did. He was just a little shocked, that's all."

Jungmin nodded with a sigh of relief and closed the door. The Headmaster turned back to Hyunjoong after he sat back down on his chair. "But... How? He has no stigmata and can't use magic. How was he able to do that?"

Hyunjoong shrugged. "Hey, don't ask me all the questions. I don't know everything about silver eyes."

"What's his condition right now?"

"Youngsaeng collapsed after we got back into the barrier. Before, he told me that if he would get tired easily if he used it too much. He did use it quite a few times when I had trouble keeping up with the demons and only managed to hold on until we were within the barrier," Hyunjoong explained. "He's asleep in his room."

"He is clearly going to win the Demon Marathon with the power like his," the man sighed as he leaned back on the chair. "All he has to do is flash an eye at a group of demons and they will kill themselves or kill each other. Even someone like you, who has the power to manipulate minds, can't do that. He can get almost ten kills at a time if he wants to.

"Manipulating minds it tiring, too..." Hyunjoong groaned. "I really don't like to. It uses a lot of magic. Usually, reading thoughts is no problem for me but when it comes to manipulating thoughts, I suffer."

"Eh? How come?"

"When you need a considerable amount of magic to change a person's thoughts," Hyunjoong filled in. "Unlike those who can hyptonize, controlling a person's will and a person's way of thinking is harder."

The Headmaster nodded. "Yeah, that makes sense..." He stood up. "I'm going to check up on Youngsaeng. Do you want to come with me?"

Hyunjoong nodded eagerly and skipped after the elder man out the room. They arrived at the door and heard a thud. The Headmaster's eyes widened and he quickly opened the door to see Youngsaeng getting up from the ground beside his bed. Hyunjoong hurried over to help the boy. "What happened? How did you fall?"

The man opened the lights as saw Youngsaeng smiling awkwardly. "I kind of tripped because I couldn't see where I was going," the boy said as he plopped back down on the bed lazily.

"Where were you going?" the Headmaster asked as he closed the door of the room.

"Was coming back from the washroom. Did I really need to say that?"

"I was just curious," the man teased as he approached the boy. "So how are you feeling? Still tired? It's only noon. You can continue to sleep for a while."

Youngsaeng nodded sleepily and crawled under the blanket. Hyunjoong pouted. The Headmaster smiled. "Well, he has exceptional talent. I'll go and let him rest now. You should return to your room, too, Hyunjoong."

The boy shook his head. "I wanna stay with Youngsaeng."

The Headmaster shrugged. "Your choice." And the man left the room.

Hyunjoong sighed and looked at the boy who had already fallen asleep. He smiled, gently brushing the boy's smooth hair off of his face. I wonder where he gets his cuteness from... He never fails to amaze me.

When Youngsaeng woke up, he saw Hyunjoong sleeping, his strong arms wrapped around him. His lips curled into a warm smile when he saw the latter's expression. He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping... It's strange how I don't feel weird when he touches me... Yesterday, I wanted him to hold onto my hand longer... I didn't want to let go. I want to stay here. It's warm...

The boy closed his eyes and inhaled the older boy's sweet scent before falling back asleep. A few hours later, Hyunjoong stirred and opened his ears, grinning foolishly when he saw the sleeping face of Youngsaeng. Aww... I could stare at his face forever... My heart feels so full when I see him. His hand was so soft when I grabbed it. I didn't want to let go. Hyunjoong hugged the boy tighter, burying his nose into the crook of the latter's neck, taking a deep breath of the boy's smell. Just like strawberries... I thought only girls smelt like this.

He heard a groan from Youngsaeng and quickly loosened his grip, retrieving his arms. Youngsaeng opened his eyes slowly and yawned. He smiled when he saw that Hyunjoong was awake.

"Annyeonghaseyo," he greeted politely as he sat up and stretched. "That was a nice rest. We should get up now... Class is going to start soon..."

Hyunjoong pouted. "Youngsaeng, stay witih me a little longer."

The boy turned and looked the older boy. "Oh? Why? We haven't even eaten yet..."

"We can eat later," Hyunjoong whined. "Please..."

With a huff, Youngsaeng sat at the side of the bed beside Hyunjoong. "What is it?"

Hyunjoong pulled down the younger boy and dragged him onto the bed until he was lying beside him again. Hyunjoong smiled cheekily. "I love you~"

Youngsaeng smiled. "Neh~ I love you, too."

Hyunjoong pouted again. "Ya... I mean it. I really love you."

"Hyunjoong, I'm a mortal and you're a vampire. You know that we can't be together even if we wanted to," Youngsaeng remarked as he began to slide off the bed.

Hyunjoong grabbed the boy's wrist. "Wait, since you're saying that, then that means you like me too, right?"

Youngsaeng blushed as he felt his heart pound, looking away. Hyunjoong grit his teeth and dragged the boy back onto the bed again, bringing him into a tight hug. "Say it. Tell me your true feelings. If you do, I'll give up on you."

Youngsaeng bit his bottom lip, hesitating. "I... Love you..."

Hyunjoong smiled behind Youngsaeng's shoulder. "I'm never letting you go now."

"What? You just said that if I told you my feelings, you would give up!" the boy exclaimed.

The older boy grinned and stuck out his tongue. He gently pecked the latter's cheek. "I lied. How can I let you go now that I know that you feel the same as me?"

"Aish~ I hate you," Youngsaeng grumbled in frustration, sitting up.

Hyunjoong giggled as he pulled the boy back down again. "You're so cute."

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, can't update until tomorrow evening. Going camping~ I'm not very good at setting up tents but wish me luck and look forward to my next update~~~